Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

From the UML site. Weekend preview including Bob's interview with Norm. It sounds like Shayne Thompson will be back on defense again this weekend.

http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...x?path=mhockey

Comment

That's what it sounded like to me.

Comment

In the last month, MC has beaten #11 Clarkson (on the road), #5 QU at home (who swept Lowell) and tied #4 PC at Fenway. I know their record isn't that good, but just expecting four points seems a bit much.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

From the Mack Report site:

Tale of the Tape: #38 Merrimack vs. #6 UMass Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            In the last month, MC has beaten #11 Clarkson (on the road), #5 QU at home (who swept Lowell) and tied #4 PC at Fenway. I know their record isn't that good, but just expecting four points seems a bit much.
            Agreed. There is no such thing as an easy 2 games against a HE opponent. There just isn't. 4 points would be great but I wouldn't be surprised to see a split.

Comment

This isn't to cause a stir, but UMass Lowell never should have lost to Sacred Heart, BC shouldn't have fallen to Holy Cross, etc…

UMass Lowell should beat Merrimack at Tsongas, but crazier things have happened. Playing at Merrimack is tough for anyone. If I was picking I'd pick a Lowell sweep, but you never know.
              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                In other HE news. Maine will not be hosting the the Florida College Classic next season.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/01/2...?ref=SportsBox
                Lowell needs to hop on this... for the love of all things holy.

Comment

And now it is a real game. Have to have at least one called back. Hanfin makes me nuts . Most indecisive ref ever.

And our band rocks

And I don't have my cowbell. Twitching

Comment

Soooo... How'd it go, I went to an auto show and then the bar
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

we won. it was mostly good to watch. A few lapses.

Our band was amazing tonight. When they reviewed the goal (for half an hour) they were really jamming. I could listen to them all night

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        And now it is a real game. Have to have at least one called back. Hanfin makes me nuts . Most indecisive ref ever.
                        What is it with all these reviews? Do you really need to review it for over 5 minutes? Something needs to be done about this disrupting the flow of the game. If you can not decide after 1 minute, please let the call on the ice stand. We have a bunch of referees in college hockey who can not make a decision. Please, stop the madness!
                        What did you say?
                        Who own the Chiefs?
                        What did he say?
                        Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                          What is it with all these reviews? Do you really need to review it for over 5 minutes? Something needs to be done about this disrupting the flow of the game. If you can not decide after 1 minute, please let the call on the ice stand. We have a bunch of referees in college hockey who can not make a decision. Please, stop the madness!
                          I 100% agree with this post. It's getting worse - way worse
                          "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                          make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Boston Globe article on Joe Pendenza.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...pgO/story.html

Comment

I had a good view of the goal that was called off and I knew it wasn't good right when it went in. I really don't understand why it took so long for them to figure it out...
                              I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
                                I had a good view of the goal that was called off and I knew it wasn't good right when it went in. I really don't understand why it took so long for them to figure it out...
                                The way the new rule is written it was a goal. He was stopping and it hit the blade of the skate. No directing or kicking motion. Review of video confirmed. That guy is still brutal. He would take a half an hour to decide if he wanted a beer.

Comment

Working...
                                X