Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
    Didn't seem to be much urgency tonight.
    Bob Ellis said the same thing. He didn't think that Lowell erally played all that well, but he was impressed they were still able to stay in the game playing that way.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      I couldn't tell how that first one got in. It looked like Conner was in good position.
      Goalie was in good position. Gaudreau fired at a little hole between shoulder and post. Almost like Johnny curved it in there because he was behind the goal line and puck was on the goal line when he shot. He hit the far post and puck deflected in.

Most folks see this play and pass it off as a fluke goal. Anyone that sees Johnny play every night knows this is not so. Frickin' incredible what this kid can do with the puck... he brought me out of my seat yet again, with the typical, 'Holy chit! Did you see that?'
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        I couldn't tell how that first one got in. It looked like Conner was in good position.
        Might have bounced off Connors side, wasn't a good angle to shoot. Sad thing was that Chapie had skated the puck into BC's zone and probably could have skated around the bc net or taken a shot or at least dumped it further in but instead stopped cold and tried to pass it backwards. Got intercepted just outside of our blue line and set up a 2 man rush which Gaudreau took all the way. More random observations: Lowel got beat bad in toughness, hits and working the boards. Colantone, McGrath, Pendenza and Campbell played gritty but our defense especially looked tentative and slow. Lot's of coasting around. Gaudreau is sneaky, always seems to be open and was really disruptive when Lowell had the puck. Couldn't believe how slight he is, wish we could get a big hit on him. Mcgrath could level him I bet. Was surprised to find the BC crowd to be a little weak. % of people really paying attention seemed low. I expect Tsongas to be much more rockin tonight, especially if the team shows some heart.
        Last edited by Fishhawk; 02-22-2014, 08:46 AM.

Comment

student turnout wasn't great last night for bc.

that's the thing with gaudreau, very hard to line up for a big hit. he'll make you look foolish.

Comment

and playing lowell doesn't exactly lead to exciting hockey either

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              student turnout wasn't great last night for bc.
              Something was going on. All the kids were drunk and dressed to the nines last night bolting the campus when I got there around 6:45.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                All the kids were drunk
                I thought that was the norm at BC?
                Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  Something was going on. All the kids were drunk and dressed to the nines last night bolting the campus when I got there around 6:45.
                  Yeah, saw that. Lots of long legs in the headlights on the way to the garage . Still 6500 or so

Comment

Game highlights from the HE site.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngVDH...layer_embedded

Comment

FYI:
                      UMass Lowell Hockey ‏@RiverHawkHockey 2m
                      Tickets are still available for tonight's big game! River Hawks hosting Boston College on Blue Out Tsongas night! #BCvsUML #BeatBC
                      Monty

Comment

Since the back-to-back loses to the Q, Lowell's done pretty well after a loss this season.

Lost to NU, beat Princeton.
                        Lost to Maine, beat Canisius.
                        Lost to NU, tied Maine.
                        Lost to PC, beat PC.
                        Lost to BC ... ?
                        Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          Since the back-to-back loses to the Q, Lowell's done pretty well after a loss this season.

Lost to NU, tied Maine.
                          Lost to PC, beat PC.
                          Lost to BC ... ?
                          That's a pattern that needs to be broken.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post

Lost to NU, tied Maine.
                            Lost to PC, beat PC.
                            Lost to BC ... ?
                            That bodes well for next year's season opener.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

What's up with 5 flags hanging for 2013? I mean you had a really good year but 5 flags??

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                What's up with 5 flags hanging for 2013? I mean you had a really good year but 5 flags??
                                In my mind it should be 4. Lose the regional champions one, the frozen four one means the same thing. one more NCAA appearance probably consolidates those 6 to 1.
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X