Slew-Footing penalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slew-Footing penalty

Was called during the Brown Yale game last night resulting in a fiver and next game DQ for the Brown player. Has anyone ever heard this penalty called before?
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Re: Slew-Footing penalty

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Was called during the Brown Yale game last night resulting in a fiver and next game DQ for the Brown player. Has anyone ever heard this penalty called before?
    Can't say I remember seeing a 5 for it. And having watched hockey for years, I don't remember ever hearing the name even until the last 10 years, or something like that. Anyone know when the term originated and when it became a penalty?

Comment

I know of a least one college player who ended up with a broken foot from a slew-foot 15 years ago or so. That was the first time I had heard of it.

Comment

Pretty sure it's been talked about in Bruins broadcasts but can't recall it being called in NCAA. It's a dangerous play and it probably deserves a 5 and GM and I could see a DQ as well.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Few seasons ago between CC and UAA in the Springs. Same result: Five and a Game.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Few seasons ago between CC and UAA in the Springs. Same result: Five and a Game.
            Rylan Schwartz took a slew-footing penalty (major & game misconduct) when CC played UAA in December of 2011.

http://www.adn.com/2011/12/09/221127...#storylink=cpy
            Last edited by Suze; 01-26-2014, 11:07 PM.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I had never heard of the penalty before, but my season ticket partner actually said that is what Sidney Crosby gets accused of alot. Here is the NHL Rule. Could not find an NCAA one online.

Slew-footing - Slew-footing is the act of a player or goalkeeper using his leg or foot to knock or kick an opponent’s feet from under him, or pushes an opponent’s upper body backward with an arm or elbow, and at the same time with a forward motion of his leg, knocks or kicks the opponent’s feet from under him, causing him to fall violently to the ice.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Slew footing is one of the dirtiest plays in hockey. Flat out.
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Rylan Schwartz took a slew-footing penalty (major & game misconduct) when CC played UAA in December of 2011.

http://www.adn.com/2011/12/09/221127...#storylink=cpy
                  Yup, that's the one.

http://collegehockeystats.net/1112/boxes/makacc_1.d09
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Slew footing is what Bruins' Shawn Thornton did to Penquins's Brooks Orpik when he refused to fight following Orpik's gutless head shot that concussed Bruins's Loui Ericsson earlier this season. Thornton was assessed a 15-game suspension, as his slew foot knocked out and concussed Orpik, and was a stupid thing to do. There are better ways to retaliate, such as scoring a few goals. I agree that Sidney Crosby and many others on the Penquins, present and past, are dirty players, and it gave me great pleasure when the Bruins beat them in the playoffs last spring.

Comment

I had never heard of the penalty before, but my season ticket partner actually said that is what Sidney Crosby gets accused of alot. Here is the NHL Rule. Could not find an NCAA one online.

Slew-footing - Slew-footing is the act of a player or goalkeeper using his leg or foot to knock or kick an opponent’s feet from under him, or pushes an opponent’s upper body backward with an arm or elbow, and at the same time with a forward motion of his leg, knocks or kicks the opponent’s feet from under him, causing him to fall violently to the ice.
                      You have never heard of it because you have no clue about hockey. Stick to your 1000 posts about tv shows etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        You have never heard of it because you have no clue about hockey. Stick to your 1000 posts about tv shows etc.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

That's why you almost never hear it being called -- it hardly ever happens. Because you don't want to be known as a player who slew-foots. You might as well put a big X on your chest.
                          Bugs Bunny - 96
                          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Maine's Joey Diamond was called for it by the Hockey East Commissioner Joe Bertagna.

https://bangordailynews.com/2011/02/...rong-decision/

Comment

NHL Rule 52 - Slew-footing

52.1 Slew-footing - Slew-footing is the act of a player or goalkeeper using his leg or foot to knock or kick an opponent’s feet from under him, or pushes an opponent’s upper body backward with an arm or elbow, and at the same time with a forward motion of his leg, knocks or kicks the opponent’s feet from under him, causing him to fall violently to the ice.

Comment

Working...
                              X