The 2014 Beanpot: The 25th Times a Charm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2014 Beanpot: The 25th Times a Charm

Wait, they still play this tournament? Just give it to BC and save us all the time and money.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Assuming even teams, the chances of a team losing 25 straight Beanpots (Beanspot?) is literally 1 in 1,350.

Every year I do the math and can't get over the mind-numbing futility.

It is unreal. You would figure every team would win one at least every 15 years, but going on 25 years?!?!? The way BC is playing, the other 3 don't have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
        Wish Mook a Happy New Year
        Year of the Horse. Horse starts with H. Harvard starts with H. Sounds auspicious to me!
        Bugs Bunny - 96
        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          Whoa, link?

EDIT: Found it, ugh too much for me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boston-Colle...item3cdb97cf79

Why are you selling?
          I collected over the years and don't need everyone of them but I'm sure someone would like one. I just got one for a trade and cash that I liked. One of my favorites is the LSSU with the anchor in front.

I sold a nice BU one with #6 on it for a reasonable price to a BU fan. I believe #6 is JP's number.
          Last edited by BCeagle; 01-27-2014, 12:19 AM.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            Nothing is impossible, but it seems highly unlikely… my memory is that in those past cases, BU was not struggling quite this much, and BC was not quite as good / deep / talented as they seem to be this year.

Our hope is to play a game similar to what we did at Conte last week, except a couple of our guys are more healthy and that our goalie plays over his head a little bit more.

Who knows, maybe we can pull off a neutral zone trap type of thing ala hockey east quarters 2004.

My best guess though is that I'll have some good seats available to the highest bidder for the 2nd monday.
            Apples and oranges I know, but to be honest after about 25 minutes last year in the HE semis I thought you guys had no shot as well.

Comment

It has happened if you let your guard down for awhile and wham. Better just play like they're #1 rival and don't let the foot off the gas pedal. I remember Wayne Turner beating BC, or BC beating a heavily favored Harvard team in the early 90s. Last year, BC was favored like you said and then BU woke up and hammered BC in the HE semis. They still have players from that March team that throttled BC like O'Reagan and Noonan.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

It has happened if you let your guard down for awhile and wham. Better just play like they're #1 rival and don't let the foot off the gas pedal. I remember Wayne Turner beating BC, or BC beating a heavily favored Harvard team in the early 90s. Last year, BC was favored like you said and then BU woke up and hammered BC in the HE semis. They still have players from that March team that throttled BC like O'Reagan and Noonan.
                True, but in the few weeks leading up to that Hockey East semi game, BU had really started to pick up their game... anything can happen but leading up to that game I felt like we had a much better chance against you guys than I do heading into this beanpot.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  True, but in the few weeks leading up to that Hockey East semi game, BU had really started to pick up their game... anything can happen but leading up to that game I felt like we had a much better chance against you guys than I do heading into this beanpot.
                  Not feeling any '99 mojo eh? That BU team had been winless in their last 7 and beat BC 3-2 in OT in the first round and then beat NU 4-2 in the final. That BC team finished 33-8-2
                  GO BU

Comment

BTW, What is the record of how many wins each team has in the Beanpot? how many beanpot titles for each school. Obviously, BU Has the most wins regarding Beanpot titles.
                    A few years ago we could finally say they didn't have twice as many. BU invitational indeed

Comment

I think BU will play well and hopefully start getting their act together a bit more, but their penchant for turnovers coupled with having no answer for BC's speed is going to leave them in the consolation game. Unless Quinn hands out jet packs before the game to make up for BU's lack of skating ability they're going to need O'Connor to stop 50 shots to win this thing.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        I think BU will play well and hopefully start getting their act together a bit more, but their penchant for turnovers coupled with having no answer for BC's speed is going to leave them in the consolation game. Unless Quinn hands out jet packs before the game to make up for BU's lack of skating ability they're going to need O'Connor to stop 50 shots to win this thing.
                        O'Connor or Maguire... can we play two goalies?

BU Alum '07

Comment

This thread is a trail of tears for my people.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Who are the home and away teams Monday?

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                              Not feeling any '99 mojo eh? That BU team had been winless in their last 7 and beat BC 3-2 in OT in the first round and then beat NU 4-2 in the final. That BC team finished 33-8-2
                              You're thinking of BC's 2001 National Championship team, which finished 33-8-2. In 1998-99 BC finished 27-12-4.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                A few years ago we could finally say they didn't have twice as many. BU invitational indeed
                                It used to be 1 Beanpot per decade for BC until York changed that. We were so futile in this tournament. But we're still 11 behind, that's how bad things were in the past when year after BC just dropped the ball. In the 90s BU won Beanpot after Beanpot when BC was bad after Ceglaski left and the only highlight was the upset over HU at the old Garden. I was there with my older brother, a NU grad.

Is BC the home or away team on Monday ??? Anyone know ???

Comment

Working...
                                X