Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spartans / Wolverines (1/24,25): What color is your Kool-aid®?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartans / Wolverines (1/24,25): What color is your Kool-aid®?

It may depend on your bias - for A2, blue is for "we got this - it's little brother, the natural order will prevail, and we're starting at Yost-east!"; for MSU-EL, green is for "we just swept a football team on skates, we're 3rd, and they'll be a little rusty!".

Start chugging .

Breaking news:
    They're doing this on Thursday and Friday (1/23, 1/24)??
    Last edited by owslachief; 01-21-2014, 03:21 PM.

Re: Spartans / Wolverines (1/24,25): What color is your Kool-aid®?

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    Breaking news:
    They're doing this on Thursday and Friday (1/23, 1/24)??
    Apparently we play each other in bouncy-ball on Saturday, which for reasons not understood by me, more people are interested in.

As was pointed out in the Michigan thread, those headed to the Joe Thursday should account for Auto Show traffic and parking.

Michigan has played poorly in the few recent games they've had. Hopefully, with conference points on the line, this time Michigan steps it up.
    Luckily, that delicious blue Kool-aid is convincing me that playing State at the Joe is just what's needed to get back on track.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G
    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
    2 Alaskan

Comment

I could have sworn that the current blue was more depression of the play, and the green was nausea of your play.

Could be wrong...

Comment

How do you guys determine who is the home team at this game?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          How do you guys determine who is the home team at this game?
          It rotates each year. This year Michigan is the home team. We play at State Friday. Then the other weekend series between the two teams is a home and home.

Next year State will be the home team at the Joe, Michigan will host 2 at Yost and State 1 at Munn.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G
          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
          2 Alaskan

Comment

I don't recall a blue kool aid growing up. I do recall some other unmentionable colors, though. Since I don't drink it, I guess I won't sound biased in saying that the last 4 games have not represented the performance in the previous 14. I want that defensive play and timely scoring back. Right now the offense is about as barren as a prom date for Sandra Bernhard.

OTOH, State is playing better than I saw at the start of the season. Goaltending and defense will give any team a chance- which leads to me to my conclusion. If Michigan gives away scoring chances like they have the past four games, then it will be another long, regrettable sorta almost weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              It rotates each year. This year Michigan is the home team. We play at State Friday. Then the other weekend series between the two teams is a home and home.

Next year State will be the home team at the Joe, Michigan will host 2 at Yost and State 1 at Munn.
              I would much rather have two at home than a "home" game at the Joe. However, IF home at the Joe, I'll gladly give up the last line change for, say, a 1-goal handicap or 3-minute-minor power plays.
              Last edited by owslachief; 01-22-2014, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Evidently the CoY are coming to Munn on Friday.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I will not be making the trip to The Joe for the game tonight because my wife got me tickets to tomorrows Red Wings - Canadiens tilt. Excited to see the Bleu, Blanc et Rouge! Go, Habs, Go!

Edit: Also, Go Blue!
                  Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    Now I kinda want to go.

Part of me wants to complain about 6:30 Friday start times. But then part of me thinks I should just be grateful BTN has mostly allowed us to keep Fri/Sat series.

Seriously though, 6:30 Friday games cramp my style. As do Thursday night games at the Joe.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      Wha?!? Not another invasive species. The Asian carp are problem enough.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                        Wha?!? Not another invasive species. The Asian carp are problem enough.
                        At least it would bring life back to Munn...

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          That, or practicing on nearby Red Cedar River the noble sport of carp baseball bat-tery - or - for those who are looking for an enhanced thrill, "skarping".

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            Hey! There's still life at Munn! It's just only there when we play Michigan, or that one time we killed off the power play against Minnesota without getting it out of the zone. So there will be life three times this year, though the second game is during spring break so maybe like two and a half times.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

And UM will take the first Big Ten game with a 2-2 victory.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X