• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We the People, Vetter and the IOC

This is interesting...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...1958--oly.html

Re: We the People, Vetter and the IOC

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post

Ahh, the good old IOC. Good to know these fearless watchdogs are on the case...

These dopes are lost as usual.

Comment

Deriving an "our country is better than your country" statement from...or characterizing script on a goalie mask as such a declaration is a real stretch IMO...and kind of bizarre.

Is a depiction of Stars & Stripes...the Mapleleaf on a goalie mask also a declaration of our country is better than yours? A tad overbearing in my view.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

And Vetter was allowed to keep the bald eagle and the Statue of Liberty graphics. Go figure.
        Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
        Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
        Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

American men’s hockey goalies were hit with the regulation in the 2010 Vancouver Games, as Jonathan Quick’s “support our troops” slogan and Ryan Miller’s “Matt Man,” a tribute to his late cousin who died of leukemia, were stripped from the mask designs.
          Good thing the IOC is watching out for us. We wouldn't want any of those pesky memorials to lost loved ones.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I thought it was way weirder that they made her remove her name because she's not supposed to self-promote. You know, despite the fact that it's in much larger letters about 6" below that.

The thing is, I'm not entirely sure this isn't US media trying to create controversy. The IOC made Miller and Quick remove wording before Vancouver, too and I don't remember any of this maelstrom.
            It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

IOC = Commies.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
                The thing is, I'm not entirely sure this isn't US media trying to create controversy. The IOC made Miller and Quick remove wording before Vancouver, too and I don't remember any of this maelstrom.
                Actually, I kind of remember the same sort of coverage 4 years ago, which is why I just dismissed this as being the IOC being the IOC.

Comment

Working...
                X