Robert Morris 13-14: CHA no longer a one-team pony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Morris 13-14: CHA no longer a one-team pony

No. 8 nationally, No. 6 in RPI while everyone was sleeping.

Re: Robert Morris 13-14: CHA no longer a one-team pony

Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
    No. 8 nationally, No. 6 in RPI while everyone was sleeping.
    Now you jinxed it.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
      Now you jinxed it.
      Yes, I suppose there's visual evidence if it all goes downhill now.

But I've been tweeting about them for weeks, and the success train is still rolling!

Comment

I confess to having no idea what to make of Robert Morris at this point. I'm putting them at #6 in the posters' poll but the variance on everyone after #5 (and maybe after #4) at this point is extraordinarily high. The plus for RMU is, obviously, their won/loss record. They're beating the teams that they're supposed to beat. The negative is that their schedule isn't full of quality opposition:

The split with BU looks pretty good, but BU isn't a team without lots of warts of its own at this point;
        The split with Mercyhurst means less than it would have in previous years, as this is a team that lost to OSU, split with Minnesota State, and dropped three points to Cornell;
        Syracuse is pretty much living off the afterglow of beating BC as the rest of their results are pretty uninspiring;
        Splitting with Rensselaer might be good and it might be bad and I have no idea which.

So Robert Morris is good but I really don't have a good feel with where they fit in relative to teams in other conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
          I confess to having no idea what to make of Robert Morris at this point. I'm putting them at #6 in the posters' poll but the variance on everyone after #5 (and maybe after #4) at this point is extraordinarily high. The plus for RMU is, obviously, their won/loss record. They're beating the teams that they're supposed to beat. The negative is that their schedule isn't full of quality opposition:

The split with BU looks pretty good, but BU isn't a team without lots of warts of its own at this point;
          The split with Mercyhurst means less than it would have in previous years, as this is a team that lost to OSU, split with Minnesota State, and dropped three points to Cornell;
          Syracuse is pretty much living off the afterglow of beating BC as the rest of their results are pretty uninspiring;
          Splitting with Rensselaer might be good and it might be bad and I have no idea which.

So Robert Morris is good but I really don't have a good feel with where they fit in relative to teams in other conferences.
          Which is very similar in nature to what I said in the Pollsters Poll thread. Very interested to see how the Colonials do in Connecticut this coming weekend.
          Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
          Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
          Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
            They're beating the teams that they're supposed to beat.
            I think that's the biggest thing. I mean, it's certainly not responsible to be thinking national title or even NCAA tourney appearance with so much time to go for a team that's never been there, but they're also doing something they've never done in not losing to teams they "shouldn't" based on their record.

Comment

Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
              I think that's the biggest thing. I mean, it's certainly not responsible to be thinking national title or even NCAA tourney appearance with so much time to go for a team that's never been there...
              Yes, but every team that's ever advanced to the NCAA Tournament was in the position of having never been there at one point. Dream big. I hope the Colonials make the tournament, and I hope they make some noise (unless they play the Gophers, and then I hope they play well but lose. )
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
              X