Great weekend for Colgate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great weekend for Colgate!

Can't wait to see the Mariucci trophy in the 'Gate trophy case. We're awfully young and inconsistent, but we'll see what this win does for the rest of the ECAC season. Go 'Gate.

Re: Great weekend for Colgate!

What a weekend by Colgate. While I wish the Gophers would have won, but they didn't. Colgate just went about their business and beat #1 and #2. Congrats.

Finn was impressive. He should make for a fun team to watch.
    Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
    Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

I'm sure the Gophers are the better team - they were missing a couple players & a coach for the Colgate team. One thing about hockey - the best team doesn't always win. A hot goalie can get a team a lot of wins, and give them a bunch of confidence.
      Colgate isn't bad, just very young and inconsistent. They will be fun for us to watch for the next couple of years.

Comment

I also wanted to say congratulations to the Colgate fans here. You guys most definitely deserved to win the tournament. If your team plays that way from here on out, they will make some noise this season. I cannot believe Finn is a freshman. Future is bright at Colgate for sure.
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
          I also wanted to say congratulations to the Colgate fans here. You guys most definitely deserved to win the tournament. If your team plays that way from here on out, they will make some noise this season. I cannot believe Finn is a freshman. Future is bright at Colgate for sure.
          You could if you saw him in November at the HFH when he gave up three goals in seven shots.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            You could if you saw him in November at the HFH when he gave up three goals in seven shots.
            One of which was highly reminiscent of a shot Robbie Bina once made on Jeff Frazee.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
              What this tells me is that the Coaching staff at Colgate has done an excellent job at developing their freshman goaltender. Our freshman goaltender, Alex Sakellaropoulos, also had a rough beginning when he had to step in for our injured starter in our first five games. When he got another starting role, in midseason, it was against one of the then top scoring teams, and the #1 team at that time, St. Cloud. He nearly shut them out (shots 34-1). Hats off to Finn and the Colgate coaching staff. Developing raw talent into winners is what good coaches do. By the way, you did the ECAC proud. Put the wins behind you, lots of tough competition on the horizon. No easy wins in the ECAC this year. Back to work.

Just a footnote. Troy Grosenick, our starting goalie last year had a real difficult start as a freshman as well. He went on to be a Hobey Baker finalist.
              Last edited by Dutchman; 01-06-2014, 09:31 AM.
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Not like you Ralph, kinda surprised.
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  Not like you Ralph, kinda surprised.
                  Not like Ralph to be rabidly to the point and truthful? You must not know him very well.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                  X