Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska Anchorage at Wisconsin: At one time, these were conference games...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska Anchorage at Wisconsin: At one time, these were conference games...

Uw fans, I know kerdiles was on the USA team, anyone else out for you guys?
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
      Uw fans, I know kerdiles was on the USA team, anyone else out for you guys?
      Sean Little, bottom six wing. Doesn't seem like much on paper, but he's a great energy and "glue" type guy. Does a lot of little things well, most importantly killing penalties.

Comment

Any idea if Alaskana will open the chat room?
        TV in Anchorage?

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          Any idea if Alaskana will open the chat room?
          TV in Anchorage?
          Not sure if it's on GCI 1. If you have fox college sports, tonight's game will be replayed at 8, and tomorrow's game is live
          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Happy game day, lifeless thread.

May our power play show more signs of life than Brittany Murphy.
            I didn't see it until just now, and I was surprised how old this thread was.

Comment

Not sure if it's on GCI 1. If you have fox college sports, tonight's game will be replayed at 8, and tomorrow's game is live
              GCI guide doesn't show it, however that really means nothing. We've seen this omission in the past and lo and behold the game is on live. Also have seen the opposite.
              Brugman oftentimes sponsors it over at the Peanut Farm.
              Will have Kurt's call on whatever else is going on.

Comment

Broad question just for the sake of discussion - what has made this Seawolf team suddenly better than the past few years? It's pretty neat to see them not totally in shambles.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                  Broad question just for the sake of discussion - what has made this Seawolf team suddenly better than the past few years? It's pretty neat to see them not totally in shambles.
                  Coaching change.
                  Given the guys a whole new attitude.
                  A winning attitude.

Comment

New coaching staff with a new attitude on the program has been the big thing. Goaltenders (mainly Gunderson & Matyas) have shown more potential than in the past, and the senior class has stepped up more than any class i know next to the 2010 class we had.

Guys to watch this weekend
                    Matt Bailey
                    Jordan Kwas
                    Scott Allen
                    Dylan Hubbs
                    Austin Coldwell

Not Sure who will be in goal, rumor has it Gunderson is out with an injury.

Comment

Not Sure who will be in goal, rumor has it Gunderson is out with an injury.
                      That's the rumor.
                      The fact is Kamal and Matyas will dress.
                      My guess is barring a major meltdown Matyas gets both starts.

Comment

That's the rumor.
                        How 100% certain are you on both of these ?

Comment

How 100% certain are you on both of these ?
                          A rumor, a fact and a guess were posted.
                          Bring out the klieg lights. Water boarding may get to the truth.
                          Besides, if you read it on the internet it must be true.
                          Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 01-03-2014, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TUSCHWI View Post
                            Thanks for mentioning this. I was wondering about what I called the Geoffrion PP, low to mid-high front of net, quick hitter - Mersch is a big guy with a good shot and would be perfect for it. Zengerle can make that pass.
                            What I don't get is that (I believe it was) against PSU, the Badgers were attempting exactly this a lot. Since then? I don't recall seeing it once.

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            Sean Little, bottom six wing. Doesn't seem like much on paper, but he's a great energy and "glue" type guy. Does a lot of little things well, most importantly killing penalties.
                            Little can be a Giant on the ice for this team. Not only does he bring energy, he rarely makes mistakes. As you say, it's the Little things. Going to need him back for sure.

How 100% certain are you
                            Sounds like it's maybe 85% of 100% certain. But I'm not 100% of 100% certain on that.

If Seawolf fans are looking for a harbinger of hope tonight -- Since Kerdiles enrollment at UW last year, I believe the Badgers are 4-7-1 without him in the line-up.
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

That's the rumor.
                              And how do you pronounce Matyas?

Comment

And how do you pronounce Matyas?
                                Matty-us
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X