Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Champs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

mccoshen out & Hayes questionable from The Kid. That sucks, i didnt see what happened to McCoshen

Comment

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

Does Jeke get to play since Doherty and McCoshen are hurt ?
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        mccoshen out & Hayes questionable from The Kid. That sucks, i didnt see what happened to McCoshen
        Neither did I and he played the entire game

As for dman, I'm hoping jeke but maybe depends on whether Hayes plays or not?

Sounds like Doherty is good to go

Comment

Yeah, after going down Doherty played the rest of the game . Like I said, we got pretty beat up . Hayes, Doherty, McCoshen and matheson getting thrown into the goal

Comment

Don't like the McCoshen news, wonder what that's all about...
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

at least they don't have to play pc again (hopefully)

as long as we're not talking long term, really don't care if they miss the beanpot. bigger fish to fry.

Comment

I don't think it's long term but I'm concern that the refs let it go. BC didn't retaliate to their credit but we lose players.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  Yeah, after going down Doherty played the rest of the game . Like I said, we got pretty beat up . Hayes, Doherty, McCoshen and matheson getting thrown into the goal
                  Everytime Steve Whitney contacted a goaltender, BC received a penalty, even though Whitney was knocked in about 10 times. Matheson (was it he) gets checked through our goal and almost into the stands (all after the whistle), it is let go. Just trying to adjust to the various penalty variances, from Hockey East refereeing. What a clownfest. Looking forward to the NCAA' s, with other more skilled referees. May I be the first to predict some drunk calls from refs in the Beanpot tomorrow night. Bertagna wants to make sure that BU stays within a goal, regardless of the lopsided play. Any BC goals that have a forward near the goaltender, will be reviewed and reversed for "nearby" interference of the goaltender..

Comment

Hayes practicing today

Comment

Originally posted by Seacaptim View Post
                      Everytime Steve Whitney contacted a goaltender, BC received a penalty, even though Whitney was knocked in about 10 times. Matheson (was it he) gets checked through our goal and almost into the stands (all after the whistle), it is let go. Just trying to adjust to the various penalty variances, from Hockey East refereeing. What a clownfest. Looking forward to the NCAA' s, with other more skilled referees. May I be the first to predict some drunk calls from refs in the Beanpot tomorrow night. Bertagna wants to make sure that BU stays within a goal, regardless of the lopsided play. Any BC goals that have a forward near the goaltender, will be reviewed and reversed for "nearby" interference of the goaltender..
                      If I recall correctly, didn't Santini and Matheson usually get nailed for checking too hard penalty earlier in the year ?

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                        If I recall correctly, didn't Santini and Matheson usually get nailed for checking too hard penalty earlier in the year ?
                        Not sure about Matheson, but Santini has had two 'hitting too hard' penalties early this season, both resulting in 5:00 and game misconduct. His next game misconduct results in a game suspension.

Neither of Santini's hits come even close to the hit Smith took in the first 0:30 of Frozen Fenway, or the HFB on Doherty Friday night. Santini does either of those, he gets 5:00 and game, plus a game suspension now.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          Not sure about Matheson, but Santini has had two 'hitting too hard' penalties early this season, both resulting in 5:00 and game misconduct. His next game misconduct results in a game suspension.

Neither of Santini's hits come even close to the hit Smith took in the first 0:30 of Frozen Fenway, or the HFB on Doherty Friday night. Santini does either of those, he gets 5:00 and game, plus a game suspension now.
                          I believe Santini's next DQ, results in a 2 or 3 game suspension...

Comment

I'm hoping BC scores early and often to rest the injured players. Not sure of the severity of each injury but BC could use some breaks to rest them for Friday's game against MC. At least we don't have to worry about Bigos beating up on someone.

Comment

I believe Santini's next DQ, results in a 2 or 3 game suspension...
                              A game disqualification is an automatic 1 game suspension. He has never had a game DQ, only game misconducts. He currently has 2 game misconducts from early in the season.
                              Third game misconduct = 1 game suspension.
                              Fourth game MC = 2 games suspension
                              Fifth game MC = 3 games suspension

He has done a great job of holding back on some big hits he's had lined up recently. My hats off to him. He's toned it down for the team's best interest.

Edit: On further thought, I believe you are right. My game misconduct formula is correct, but if he were to get a game disqualification (fighting, unsportsmanlike, etc.), I believe that would result in a 2 game suspension. 1 game for the DQ, and 1 game for the 2 MC's plus 1 DQ = 1 game as well.
                              Last edited by FiveHole12; 02-02-2014, 09:29 PM.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Matheson (was it he) ,.
                                yes and York took him out because he was going to behead someone if he didnt cool off

Comment

Working...
                                X