Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Champs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    joe, sure, you're not gonna be excited about those scenarios and i probably won't care much either, but i think fans of other teams will care. maybe not, guess we'll see.
    As a BU fan potentially in that situation... The prospect of getting home ice for the 8/9 opening round series is not compelling at all.... Attendance at the hockey ease quarters was a problem for most teams as it was.... Imaging the attendance issues for the 8/9 and 7/10 games?

Comment

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      Keep drinking the moonshine you've been downing tonight Mainehockeyman. Demko stood on his head while Brown was bending BC over in the first period. That game would have been decided after 20 minutes if not for him. He gave up a bad goal in the 3rd, only to be trumped by Billet's even more terrible goal from the bottom of the faceoff circle near the goal line against BU which turned a beatdown over BU into a nailbiter.

Billet exceeded my expectations this year but Demko, even though he's just turned 18 I think, looks like the better goalie and he is rounding into form.

That's unfortunate for Billet, but there's no crying in hockey.
      oh..well full disclosure, i didn't see the game. i just thought i read on here that demko let up some softys. More full disclosure i like billet a lot, he's a good dude, i feel like he never got a fair shake at bc. i guess that's just the way it goes for goalies sometimes but it doesn't make me feel any better about it.

Comment

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

demko allowed one atrocious goal against brown. considering what milner did down the stretch as a junior, hard for me to say billett wasn't given a fair shake his first two years. now, this year...

he started the first game of the year and has played regularly think. i'm fine with riding the hot hand right now. people are making too much of demko "winning the job". that can change very quickly. based on his recent play i don't see an issue with playing him. that bu game really hurt billett in the eyes of the coaches. that's obvious. is that "fair"? maybe not but life isn't fair.

by the way, i don't think anyone dislikes billett. i have no reason not to like him. he's been loyal, stayed out of trouble and has played well this season.

Comment

He's entitled to his opinion but .... over the 2 plus years Billet had his chances against Parker Milner and from watching him this season, he will not steal you a game like Demko potentially can with his size and potential. We saw how Demko stopped a 2 x 0 but Billet does not show you anything like that but he plays a steady game if given strong team support defensively and with offensive help. Just because Billet is from Maine does not mean he didn't get a fair shake to win the BC starting job in net. Maybe I'm wrong but I see a bias from this Maine fan. When I drove all the way to Orono to watch that game, he didn't exactly shine as Maine scored early and often to put BC in the hole and BC never came close to winning that game or even come close to tie it up.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
            He's entitled to his opinion but .... over the 2 plus years Billet had his chances against Parker Milner and from watching him this season, he will not steal you a game like Demko potentially can with his size and potential. We saw how Demko stopped a 2 x 0 but Billet does not show you anything like that but he plays a steady game if given strong team support defensively and with offensive help. Just because Billet is from Maine does not mean he didn't get a fair shake to win the BC starting job in net. Maybe I'm wrong but I see a bias from this Maine fan. When I drove all the way to Orono to watch that game, he didn't exactly shine as Maine scored early and often to put BC in the hole and BC never came close to winning that game or even come close to tie it up.
            i'm not necessarily a maine fan but i am a former teammate of brian's.

your memory is one of convenience though. demko gave up 5 goals at home to holy cross the game after billet "put the team in a hole" at the alfond.
            Last edited by Mainehockeyman; 01-28-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainehockeyman View Post
              i'm not necessarily a maine fan but i am a former teammate of brian's.

your memory is one of convenience though. demko gave up 5 goals at home to holy cross the game after billet "put the team in a hole" at the alfond.
              Maybe but maybe his team mates let him down too by playing very poor defense too, to make that happen. If you notice in the 2nd Minnesota game, BC played very poor defense in that 6-1 rout.

You can say that too in the Maine game in Orono but I sat by the end Billet was in where Maine piled on an early lead not just because of him letting in soft goals but poor defense too led to it also. Overall in 3 years he had his chance to grab that job when Milner was not playing well and this season. Not that he played badly overall this year but BC's offense of averaging over 4 goal per game has a lot top do with that too and the addition of talented, young defense to add depth helped a lot too.

If we're talking about winning in the post season, I'd go with my eyes and gut feeling of Demko is the one.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                Didn't read the exact quote but from reading some of the 140 character comments on the twitter machine, it sounds like Demko has won the job.

According to @JeffCoxSBNation: "York said we went with a straight rotation but now we're going with the hot goalie".
                this is no surprise, i had it pegged after the BU game if i do say so myself

Comment

... there's no crying in hockey.
                  This statement would imply you have not been reading the Union thread following the "event."
                  Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Keep drinking the moonshine you've been downing tonight Mainehockeyman. Demko stood on his head while Brown was bending BC over in the first period. That game would have been decided after 20 minutes if not for him. He gave up a bad goal in the 3rd, only to be trumped by Billet's even more terrible goal from the bottom of the faceoff circle near the goal line against BU which turned a beatdown over BU into a nailbiter.

Billet exceeded my expectations this year but Demko, even though he's just turned 18 I think, looks like the better goalie and he is rounding into form.

That's unfortunate for Billet, but there's no crying in hockey.
                    This.

Demko was the reason we didn't lose to Brown. The team was completely asleep for much of the first two periods.

Demko is the more talented goalie and I agree with JD, that BU performance by Billet was pretty bad. Doesn't mean Billet is stapled to the bench for the next year plus obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      ---- Doesn't mean Billet is stapled to the bench for the next year plus obviously.
                      Transfer??
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I have a hard time taking that part of the post seriously about him not being given a chance after he split time for months this season. Months. And had the lions share while Demko was at the WJCs and had a minor injury.

He certainly had his chance. He's had a pretty good season. At this point we're asking which goalie is more likely to win trophies and it seems the concensus is Demko. That being said it's still a very fluid situation.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Has he been beaten out?

Both have sv% of .920 (demko is .919 but I round)

Rotations work-
                          When bu won in 95 herlofsky played the semi final and noble the final.
                          Billett's gaa is slightly higher, but he has also faced more shots/GM than demko

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Has he been beaten out?

Both have sv% of .920 (demko is .919 but I round)

Rotations work-
                            When bu won in 95 herlofsky played the semi final and noble the final.
                            Billett's gaa is slightly higher, but he has also faced more shots/GM than demko
                            Mookie's just lobbying to see Billet in net Monday night.
                            It ain't happening! Sucks to BU!
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              Mookie's just lobbying to see Billet in net Monday night.
                              It ain't happening! Sucks to BU!
                              He faces bu that's another W with 0.00 gaa and 1.000 sv%

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                He faces bu that's another W with 0.00 gaa and 1.000 sv%
                                Not so fast. I'm thankful that BU made a game of it in our last meeting. Less likely that we sleep walk into the Beanpot Semi. I see a close game Monday night... one goal game with possibly an ENG.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X