Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing college hockey in Canada (woman's)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing college hockey in Canada (woman's)?

It seems like the good Canadians always come to the U.S. to play college hockey... which doesn't make sense because they're pretty much 10x better then us. So my question is:: does Canada have quality woman's college hockey? And can Americans go to school up there?
    Turbo Extracut

Re: Playing college hockey in Canada (woman's)?

Originally posted by Dagmarcharity View Post
    It seems like the good Canadians always come to the U.S. to play college hockey... which doesn't make sense because they're pretty much 10x better then us.
    Huh?
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

It seems like the good Canadians always come to the U.S. to play college hockey... which doesn't make sense because they're pretty much 10x better then us. So my question is:: does Canada have quality woman's college hockey? And can Americans go to school up there?
      "Quality" is a relative term.

A Canadian university head coach told me years ago that CIS (Canadian university) hockey is like D2 quality as opposed to D1 or D3 in the US. But like any other league in virtually any sport there are better teams and worse teams. I watched some supposed "higher end" CIS teams in the western playoffs a few years ago and sandpapering my retinas would have been a more enjoyable experience...(I kept watching because I knew a number of the players from years earlier and was interested in seeing their individual play). Some lower end teams would be right at home in D3. At the same time some of the better CIS teams I've seen could easily be very competitive with the middle third of D1 teams and maybe into the lower few of the ranked teams in some years.

Comment

I think all you have to do is look at the rosters of the USA and Canadian Olympic teams. How many came from NCAA D1, vs. CIS teams?
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
          Huh?
          Yeah I thought that was pretty funny
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

does Canada have quality woman's college hockey?
            yes, at many universities in the US

Comment

Working...
            X