X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Not sure what you mean.
    UAA is in the playoffs for sure whether they win lose or draw tonight as long as Kato wins.
    Just not sure of their destination in the playoffs.
    Or is that what you meant?
    I mean exactly as I posted.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: The New WCHA IV (2013-14): Unlocked and Cocked

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Yeah because we're so sure Mankato will win? UAA has clinched nothing.
      Try paying attention to reality whilst living in pony land and stomping around like a little brat. UAA is in the playoffs. Regardless. Of anything. In. They lost their chance for home ice.
      Last edited by uaafanblog; 03-08-2014, 02:27 PM.

Comment

http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2014/03...yoff-branches/

I hope that's helpful. I also hope that it's right. I audited it reasonably extensively, but I'm doing it manually, so ... y'know.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
          Try paying attention to reality whilst living in pony land and stomping around like a little brat. UAA is in the playoffs. Regardless. Of anything. In. They lost their chance for home ice.
          Read it sunshine:
          Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          I screwed that up. If UAA is at 26 points, it's 11-13-4. The tie with BSU would go to the C) tiebreaker, W% against teams down the table. UAA really better hope that MSU is the #1 seed, because they went 2-2-0 v. the Mavs against 0-2-0 v. the Bulldogs; the Beavers are 1-3-0 against both squads. Sorry about that. They haven't clinched.

I'll have to consider this, too, sooooo ...

1. NMU ties in Huntsville tonight, 12-14-2 / 26 pts
          2. UAA loses to UAF, 11-13-4 / 26 pts
          3. BSU beats BG, 11-13-4 / 26 pts
          4. LSSU beats FSU, 13-15-0

We've already determined that the A) tiebreaker is out. The B) tiebreaker goes to LSSU, then NMU, and UAA and BSU are then still tied based on; iterating back through the A) tiebreaker doesn't work. Then you go all the way to the C) tiebreaker as listed above.

GFM
          UAA HAS NOT CLINCHED!
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Heh ... I write that scenario here and missed it in the spreadsheet. Sonofa.

That's the only way that I can think of UAA missing the playoffs. That's a pretty unlikely scenario, though. If Ferris wants #1, they have to win; UAF is definitely going to try and destroy UAA again; BSU-BG could happen; NMU is unlikely to tie UAH tonight.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Read it sunshine:

UAA HAS NOT CLINCHED!
              According to the WCHA website, UAA has clinched.

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1314/201403/mar8wu.php

They list all the possible scenarios.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Read it sunshine:

UAA HAS NOT CLINCHED!
                If LSSU beats Ferris, Ferris cannot be the #1 seed. So vs Mankato UAA is 2-2, Bemidji 1-3. UAA wins tie break. Thus it appears UAA has clinched a berth.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  If LSSU beats Ferris, Ferris cannot be the #1 seed. So vs Mankato UAA is 2-2, Bemidji 1-3. UAA wins tie break. Thus it appears UAA has clinched a berth.
                  Dave is right. I was wrong. I'm sorry. I read BG's numbers off for BSU. I've been staring at this for too long.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    Dave is right. I was wrong. I'm sorry. I read BG's numbers off for BSU. I've been staring at this for too long.

GFM
                    Mea culpa.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

i mean exactly as i posted.
                      Originally posted by jimjamesak View Post
                      yeah because we're so sure mankato will win? Uaa has clinched nothing.
                      if lssu beats ferris, ferris cannot be the #1 seed. So vs mankato uaa is 2-2, bemidji 1-3. Uaa wins tie break. Thus it appears uaa has clinched a berth.
                      hmmmmmmmm!

Comment

When it gets so complicated the mathematicians can't figure it out maybe something should change????

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                          When it gets so complicated the mathematicians can't figure it out maybe something should change????
                          Maybe if they would reward winning teams with three points for a win... and break the ties with a shootout...

... I'll see myself out! No need for that giant hook...
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            The oWCHA used to have 5 games (play-in game on Thu, then 2 games Fri and 2 games Sat). Then they got rid of the 3rd place game on Sat, so there were only 5 teams playing, thereby keeping the F5 name correct.
                            So the nWCHA apparently is just keeping the silly tourney name even though it's meaningless.

Anyway, it looks like it will be a doozy because even at the top, it appears that any team can beat any other, especially on the road.

Fun times, love this new league.

Comment

So, Bemidji gets to join Huntsville on the golf course.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                                So, Bemidji gets to join Huntsville on the golf course.
                                Nope Lake Superior gets to
                                Bring Back the Glory...

1984 NCAA National Champions
                                2 members of the "Miracle on Ice" 1980 Hockey Team

Comment

Working...
                                X