Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campus Regional's coming back maybe?

http://www.uscho.com/2013/12/12/comm...o-team-arenas/

What does everyone think about that? Personally I like the idea and think that it will happen simply because it kind of has to (attendance reasons). However, #1 seeds should not be "punished" by having to play a basic home game for #4 seed (think Michigan back in the 90's which caused the neutral site fiasco to occur). I'm not positive how they will do it but something needs to be done. Regional's where you can hear a pin-drop are not a good thing...

Thoughts? I know that this has been discussed before but because of not announcing sites for 2017-18 the possibility is there.
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Re: Campus Regional's coming back maybe?

No offense to you personally, but the fact that this was posted by a Michigan fan made me throw up in my mouth a little.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Attendance doesn't matter to NCAA. It's tickets bought. Just like the F4, which (I'm educated guessing) "sells out" every year. As long as the NCAA makes money, they don't care where it's held.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        No offense to you personally, but the fact that this was posted by a Michigan fan made me throw up in my mouth a little.
        I agree but think in the west this is inevitable. The six team regional had enough fans to guarentee participants both nights and a singular focus.

Campus regional would do good money, especially in the west where numbers are problematic.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

In the east, the teams already host just at secondary rinks! Unh always has that huge home advantage in manchester
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            I agree but think in the west this is inevitable. The six team regional had enough fans to guarentee participants both nights and a singular focus.

Campus regional would do good money, especially in the west where numbers are problematic.
            I think years ago in the days of 6 team regionals this may have been true, but nowadays I'm not so sure. I've noticed a huge change in the attitude of a lot of people when it comes to live sports. First of all, hardly anyone who does go to these events wants to watch any team other than their own, so even with 6 sets of fans, the crowds for any one game will be miniscule. There were hardly any Notre Dame or St Cloud fans left in the building in Toledo when the Miami game faced off. And there were hardly any of the Notre Dame regulars in the CFIA a couple of weeks ago for the first games of the Shillelagh Tourney. And the fact is, live sports are really fading as an entertainment choice of a lot of people, specially for people in their teens and 20s, so no matter what fix you can come up with, if you don't have a lot of people invested in the teams involved you won't get the crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              In the east, the teams already host just at secondary rinks! Unh always has that huge home advantage in manchester
              Always?
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                Well, maybe you can twice bake it now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  It's not just the makeup of the crowd, or whether the location is more convenient for one team's fan base. There is a huge friggin' difference between playing on a rink on which you play maybe once or twice a year and playing on a rink on your campus that you play about half your games on and maybe even practice every day. If UNH happens to have an enthusiastic crowd that travels well, good for them.

And by the way, Manchester is closer to UML than UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Attendance doesn't matter to NCAA. It's tickets bought. Just like the F4, which (I'm educated guessing) "sells out" every year. As long as the NCAA makes money, they don't care where it's held.
                    I think they do care where it's held... they chose Scheels arena over the Ralph to a loss of about 6500 seats. Now why would the NCAA want to lose out on that much money when they have shown over and over again that is all the NC$$ is about.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                      I think they do care where it's held... they chose Scheels arena over the Ralph to a loss of about 6500 seats. Now why would the NCAA want to lose out on that much money when they have shown over and over again that is all the NC$$ is about.
                      Um, the Ralph with all those logos still make a difference, I believe.

Edit: not a shot at UND; I thought that was part of the Sioux deal, even though they got rid of the nickname.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Um, the Ralph with all those logos still make a difference, I believe.

Edit: not a shot at UND; I thought that was part of the Sioux deal, even though they got rid of the nickname.
                        UND and the Ralph complied with the NC$$... yet they were overlooked for the women's frozen four as well. Weird.

Comment

UND and the Ralph complied with the NC$$... yet they were overlooked for the women's frozen four as well. Weird.
                          They complied with the name, yes. Honest question about the logos. I don't know those terms exactly (temporary ones vs permanent ones, etc).

Comment

They complied with the name, yes. Honest question about the logos. I don't know those terms exactly (temporary ones vs permanent ones, etc).
                            They have complied with everything that they were supposed to... anything that is in the Ralph now is permanent or has to do with the history of the team. This is how I understand it anyhow. The Ralph was a finalist for the women's FF so it is good to go. The fact that the NC$$ still has a beef with UND is another story.

Comment

They have complied with everything that they were supposed to... anything that is in the Ralph now is permanent or has to do with the history of the team. This is how I understand it anyhow. The Ralph was a finalist for the women's FF so it is good to go. The fact that the NC$$ still has a beef with UND is another story.
                              This is true.

Comment

Working...
                              X