U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game (FSU -> MSU) Dec. 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game (FSU -> MSU) Dec. 14

Ron Mason is returning as Michigan State's coach before he officially retires from his honorary coaching career, this coming Saturday.

I am very impressed with Ferris State after seeing them put the heat on Michigan for the better part of two periods last night and earning a tie. It promises to be another tough night for MSU, who will be without key players, both forward (Berry) and defense (Walsh).

I am however looking forward to a great battle of goaltenders, though Hildebrand will enjoy more opportunities to save the puck / fight off traffic than his counterpart, CJ Motte.
    Last edited by owslachief; 12-12-2013, 02:09 PM.

Re: U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game (FSU -> MSU) Dec. 14

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    Ron Mason is returning as Michigan State's coach before he officially retires from his honorary coaching career, this coming Saturday.

I am very impressed with Ferris State after seeing them put the heat on Michigan for the better part of two periods last night and earning a tie. It promises to be another tough night for MSU, who will be without key players, both forward (Berry) and defense (Walsh).

I am however looking forward to a great battle of goaltenders, though Hildebrand will enjoy more opportunities to save the puck / fight off traffic than his counterpart, CJ Motte.
    I thought Berry and Walsh were coming back soon... GLI?

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
      I thought Berry and Walsh were coming back soon... GLI?
      Walsh sustained an upper-body injury last Friday vs. Minnesota, and is not likely to return. Berry may return but it is more likely he will use the two-week's additional rest to play at the GLI. C Lee Reimer has really come on of late as a senior and has played his best hockey in the last 2 seasons, but he's being evaluated after an upper-body injury last Saturday. We could be a little thin up front, so I'm hoping to see some guys dress for this one and contribute, like Sorenson and Bondra. This has probably been a very revealing week of practice.

Comment

This game will be on Comcast and streamed live on BTN2Go.

It should be another exciting game. Hopefully the Bulldogs can put a few more pucks in the net than in Ann Arbor.
        "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
        - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
        CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

For MSU fans, that's a about as disappointing a performance as could be expected. Team gave themselves almost no shot at scoring until maybe the last minute of the game. Could the power-play be anymore dreadful? 2-man advantage for almost 1 1/2 minutes and guys just standing around playing catch waiting for something to open up. No movement at all. I really only saw Jake Hildebrand. Didn't recognize anyone else. It's likely Mason felt it wasn't worth the trip through the tunnel.

That feels better.

For FSU fans, not sure you really learned anything Saturday you didn't already know.
          Last edited by owslachief; 12-16-2013, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X