2013-2014 Women's D-I PairWise Contentions and Affirmations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013-2014 Women's D-I PairWise Contentions and Affirmations

...and associated potential contaminated NCAA tournament fallout.
    Last edited by brookyone; 12-11-2013, 03:47 PM.
    Minnesota Hockey

Re: 2013-2014 Women's D-I PairWise Contentions and Affirmations

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
    ...and associated potential contaminated NCAA tournament fallout.
    All I can say for sure is that the Gofs won't fallout.
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
      All I can say for sure is that the Gofs won't fallout.
      I doubt that a 19-17 record would get them an at-large bid.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        I doubt that a 19-17 record would get them an at-large bid.
        What if they had to play the Rice Kights for the entire second half of the season?
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I think it's interesting that this far into the season, the Pairwise still disagrees quite a bit with the polls.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            I think it's interesting that this far into the season, the Pairwise still disagrees quite a bit with the polls.
            I find that the Pairwise mostly just disagrees with my digestive system.

Comment

PairWise as of this week produces a tournament I would like to see:

Robert Morris at Minnesota
              North Dakota at Wisconsin

Clarkson at Cornell
              BU at Harvard
              Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post

Clarkson at Cornell
                BU at Harvard
                Three WCHA teams on one side of the bracket and three ECAC on the other? No thanks. I'd rather see a little more crossover in a perfect world.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Three WCHA teams on one side of the bracket and three ECAC on the other? No thanks. I'd rather see a little more crossover in a perfect world.
                  Agreed. Strongly Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                    Agreed. Strongly Agreed!
                    Of course you guys feel that way
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post

Clarkson at Cornell
                      BU at Harvard
                      I dunno, Canucks love a guaranteed East-West final. They do it in the CFL and even more telling, it is done that way with the big boys in both the NHL and AHL.

There is something to be said for an East-West final, and the proposed bracket is divided perfectly down the middle on geography. East has the top 4 HE-ECAC teams and West has top four CHA-WCHA teams.

Interestingly to note that is a lot of disparity between the East and the West in the NHL this year. Much more compared to years past.
                      Last edited by OnMAA; 12-16-2013, 12:55 PM.

Comment

As long as the subject is the Pairwise....

On the men's side, 'TUC record' as a component of the Pair comparisons has been done away with; replaced with a "Quality Win Bonus".

I have asked Arlan if knew whether such a change would also apply to the women, and he said he'd look into it. (He said he doubted that it would, because one of the main reasons for the change - more non-conference games being played, with more of them held at the 'big schools' - really doesn't apply to the women. I countered that another reason given - the "TUC cliff" - would still apply to the women.)

So until further notice and info, take any set of Pairwise calculation that include a TUC record comparison with a large grain of salt.

You can read some more about the mens' change here:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...the_change.php

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                          I dunno, Canucks love a guaranteed East-West final. They do it in the CFL and even more telling, it is done that way with the big boys in both the NHL and AHL.
                          The difference is that in the pro leagues, teams from the east and west are playing each other all regular season long. In college, especially on the womens side, the only time you get any significant east-west games is during the tournament. More conference matchups in the first round just mean fewer opportunities for new matchups.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post

There is something to be said for an East-West final, and the proposed bracket is divided perfectly down the middle on geography. East has the top 4 HE-ECAC teams and West has top four CHA-WCHA teams.

like I said earlier this year, you people out east will try anything and everything to stack the deck to try to win the NCAA tourney except for one thing:

improve

actually, it probably isn't so much an east/west thing, it's more of a Canadians out east thing

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                              like I said earlier this year, you people out east will try anything and everything to stack the deck to try to win the NCAA tourney except for one thing:

improve

actually, it probably isn't so much an east/west thing, it's more of a Canadians out east thing
                              No matter how you "stack it", your words, not mine, you still have to beat the top team from the other region to win the crown. I like the east-west idea, less travel during the quarters and guarantees representation from all regions in the F4.

Comment

Working...
                              X