Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMU @ UND: MTU Has Told Us So Much About You!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU @ UND: MTU Has Told Us So Much About You!!!

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
    I didnt know visually impairing the goalie was a penalty. I thought that was called a screen. I watched the play over and over. Even UNDs announcers said it was a good goal. They went on and on about how bad of a call it was to disallow the goal. I cant say NMU would have tied it up, but I can say it killed the momentum. A total BS call. I have no respect for the NCHA refs after tonight.
    In the rulebook, it says you can't visually impair the goalie WHILE in the crease. Other goals you see with screens you can see the player is on the edge of the crease, which is why they count when reviewed for goalie interference. The replay clearly showed the NMU player in the crease. Which is why it was disallowed.

I believe the rule is on pg 74 of the rulebook if you want to look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
      Here's one UND fan that agrees... for once, UND got a homer call. Color me shocked.
      Dont get me wrong... UND played a good game and deserved the win. However, that was a momentum changer. Had it not been disallowed, who knows. Anyhow... Ill step off my soap box. I have loads of respect for the program UND has and hope NMU gets to play them more in the future.
      Go Cats!

Comment

I don't necessarily disagree. However, Rule 73.1 reads:

Interference on the Goalkeeper - A player of the attacking team may stand on the goal crease line or in the goal crease, or skate through the goal crease, unless, in the opinion of the official, the player is physically or visually preventing the goalkeeper from defending the goal.

If a goal is scored, it shall be disallowed.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
          In the rulebook, it says you can't visually impair the goalie WHILE in the crease. Other goals you see with screens you can see the player is on the edge of the crease, which is why they count when reviewed for goalie interference. The replay clearly showed the NMU player in the crease. Which is why it was disallowed.

I believe the rule is on pg 74 of the rulebook if you want to look it up.
          From what I saw he was initially in the crease and backed out before the goal was scored.
          Go Cats!

Comment

From what I saw he was initially in the crease and backed out before the goal was scored.
            Tough call. I don't think you can really argue it either way.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              Tough call. I don't think you can really argue it either way.
              Then the question is, why did they overturn the initial call? If it's not conclusive, then you can't overturn. I'd be really interested to see a replay of the play in question. If anyone can find a link, it'd be appreciated.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Then the question is, why did they overturn the initial call? If it's not conclusive, then you can't overturn. I'd be really interested to see a replay of the play in question. If anyone can find a link, it'd be appreciated.
                Should have been a goal.

Comment

Don Adam says it was the correct call.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

The UND coach called that a good call in ths post game interview. BS. NMU wins tomorrow.
                    No comment on the ref blowing the whistle on the no goal for the Sioux when the puck is in his site line?

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      A lot of goals being scored in the same situation.

Comment

Undsports.com will have a highlight video at some point.
                        Go Cats!

Comment

Don Adam, who is on video, during a game, saying "I just make sh* up as I go." That Don Adam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10-p3C-FbGw
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Don Adam, who is on video, during a game, saying "I just make sh* up as I go." That Don Adam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10-p3C-FbGw
                            Yep, same guy.

I didn't say it was the right call (didn't see it...and I haven't see a lot of people that said it was), just that HE said it was...
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Yep, same guy.

I didn't say it was the right call (didn't see it...and I haven't see a lot of people that said it was), just that HE said it was...
                              Oh I know. That was for the full disclosure of anyone who might think "well, THIS guy said it was the right call..."

I haven't seen it, either, so I can't say. I have seen, like you, that the majority said it was a bad call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                                If we get a point this weekend, I'll be happy.

If either team got any points this weekend, I would be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                                X