This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14 Part II: The HFH is Covered with Frozen Drivel

The sad part is that RPI will suffer more than Union as a result of this fracas. While Union is solidly entrenched as an NCAA team, RPI will need every resource working at its best to climb back into contention. Any suspensions will be a decrement to those chances. So Union got what they wanted even at the expense of possibly hurting their eventual seeding. Union now sucks more than Clarkson.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      One thing lost in the melee is that this is the first time we have won an official game this year without Haggerty scoring a goal. Good to see another line decided to wake up.
      Dude, the best thing to come out of this is that you are finally supporting your team.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        Dude, the best thing to come out of this is that you are finally supporting your team.
        Just because FD criticizes the team when they do not play together as one doesn't mean he isn't a strong supporter. I too suffer every time they lose but if you can't be realistic about the shortcomings then you have little chance of fixing them.
        "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
          The sad part is that RPI will suffer more than Union as a result of this fracas. While Union is solidly entrenched as an NCAA team, RPI will need every resource working at its best to climb back into contention. Any suspensions will be a decrement to those chances. So Union got what they wanted even at the expense of possibly hurting their eventual seeding. Union now sucks more than Clarkson.
          Let's quit with the conspiracy theories. Two guys for Union (Bodie and Bennett) lost their heads at the end of a hard fought game. That's about the extent of it. After that it was a bunch of kids pushing each other around along with a few rather lukewarm punch attempts. To think that the Union guys were consciously trying to get RPI players suspended to ruin our NCAA chances is just plain stupid.

If missing two players (or more) against Clarkson keeps us out of the NCAA then we shouldn't have been there to begin with. We're likely going to need a big run in the ECAC tournament regardless of how we do next weekend so the entire topic is somewhat moot anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
            Let's quit with the conspiracy theories. Two guys for Union (Bodie and Bennett) lost their heads at the end of a hard fought game. That's about the extent of it. After that it was a bunch of kids pushing each other around along with a few rather lukewarm punch attempts. To think that the Union guys were consciously trying to get RPI players suspended to ruin our NCAA chances is just plain stupid.

If missing two players (or more) against Clarkson keeps us out of the NCAA then we shouldn't have been there to begin with. We're likely going to need a big run in the ECAC tournament regardless of how we do next weekend so the entire topic is somewhat moot anyhow.
            Not suggesting that Union planned it, I believe it was heat of the moment - my point is that they are happy to put any dent in the Tute chances. More than a big run at the ECACs is needed. Rensselaer needs not only to get to Lake Placid, but to win it. To get an autobid will require us to get our RPI up to about .5400 or more - very unlikely at this point. We don't know what suspensions will be handed out yet. Hopefully none will be long-term.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
              Just because FD criticizes the team when they do not play together as one doesn't mean he isn't a strong supporter. I too suffer every time they lose but if you can't be realistic about the shortcomings then you have little chance of fixing them.
              Oh please. I too suffer with every loss, and I am disappointed with the results so far this season.
              But where we differ, is I don't predict a loss before it happens or expect a collapse in the second period of a winnable game.
              He may be a great fan, but he lacks support for this team.
              I am happy to see that he isn't blaming the engineers for the outrageous behavior at the end of last nights game.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

I've always been in support of the team. Now that Appert has beat a team he calls his rival at least one in the past three years, regardless of league consideration, he receives respect from me again. That was what I said in November, and I follow through now. Was the "Fire Appert" thread pre-emptive? Perhaps. However, one thing that it did do is show everyone's stance on what they would like to see out of the team, and what they would like to see done in order to get there. The cultists were exposed, and everyone who was disappointed with a facet of the team was given a chance to express themselves freely without judgement. Mission accomplished, bring on next week. We have a belt to defend (the New York Belt).

Comment

• Rick Bennett suspended by Union for 2 games. Little lenient if you ask me...
                  Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Oh please. I too suffer with every loss, and I am disappointed with the results so far this season.
                    But where we differ, is I don't predict a loss before it happens or expect a collapse in the second period of a winnable game.
                    He may be a great fan, but he lacks support for this team.
                    I am happy to see that he isn't blaming the engineers for the outrageous behavior at the end of last nights game.
                    As was mentioned by DeepRed in the score thread, if you go into something expecting the worst, you receive a pleasant surprise if something good happens, and if something bad happens, it was expected, so no biggie. Also, we have seen many times in the past both second period meltdowns and the inability to beat certain teams. Some would consider it gambler's fallacy (such as seeing red come up 20 times on the roulette wheel), but because there is skill involved and not just straight chance, predictions based upon weight can be made. RPI winning last night and not having a second period meltdown was improbable, but not without possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                      Rick Bennett suspended by Union for 2 games. Little lenient if you ask me...
                      It shows the program's true colors. Any other opponent, he'd be gone for at least the year. Granted, based upon contracts, I assume that the college would have to buy out part of his contract, and then pay a coach on top of that.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        It shows the program's true colors. Any other opponent, he'd be gone for at least the year.
                        Whatever you say, the way you run your uninformed mouth on here you were probably disappointed he didn't get more shots in at Appert.

Comment

He'll get more from the league/NCAA. You can't punch an opposing player and try to attack a coach without sitting at least 10.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Mark Morris was fired at Clarkson for a physical altercation with a player in a practice. This guy takes a swing at a student athlete and Union only gives him 2 games. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                              He'll get more from the league/NCAA. You can't punch an opposing player and try to attack a coach without sitting at least 10.
                              He didn't try to. He actually got shoves in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
                                Whatever you say, the way you run your uninformed mouth on here you were probably disappointed he didn't get more shots in at Appert.
                                Would you like one of those foam rings to sit on? I hear it helps against butthurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X