X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14 Part II: The HFH is Covered with Frozen Drivel

Originally posted by RPI_2003 View Post
    Yeah, I did not realize we have next weekend off. What can I say, I want more RPI hockey!
    The women are playing.

Comment

Ed Weaver article about RPI's troubles http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...ntinue-for-rpi
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I would disagree with Ed Weaver's characterization of Tyler Maugeri's goal as a long-range shot.

The way I saw it (and I was in the front row, so I had a real good view of the play), Maugeri's goal came on a one-timer off a wing-to-wing pass on a Princeton power play. He was only about 30 feet from the net, if that. To me, that's not a long-ranger.

Scott Diebold may have given up some softies this year, but I don't think either of the two goals on Friday night was among them.
        Last edited by Waite21; 01-13-2014, 12:02 PM. Reason: correcting grammar

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
          Yes I will comment. My mom always used to say "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Comment

Hang on a sec, 0-4-2 in the last six... what was the other tie? I count 0-5-1.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Hang on a sec, 0-4-2 in the last six... what was the other tie? I count 0-5-1.
              Easy FD, don't forget it's Ed Weaver doing the story!!
              I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                Easy FD, don't forget it's Ed Weaver doing the story!!
                Good point. It's a small quibble, none the less. The bulk of his complaints are still warranted, though. Not to mention, I particularly enjoyed one of the comments.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Not to mention, I particularly enjoyed one of the comments.
                  ....and that would be?
                  I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

....and that would be?
                    One that has been deleted, apparently.

Comment

....and that would be?
                      Do you really want to know?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In anyone doesn't read the drivel in the RPI recruit thread, Parker Reno is #202 among North American skaters in the Midyear NHL CSB list http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads. Recruit Michael Prapavessis is #137, and recruit Alec Dillon is #26 among the NA goalies.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          In anyone doesn't read the drivel in the RPI recruit thread, Parker Reno is #202 among North American skaters in the Midyear NHL CSB list http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads. Recruit Michael Prapavessis is #137, and recruit Alec Dillon is #26 among the NA goalies.
                          Great can we offer Dillon early admission and get him here now?
                          "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

My apologies if a similar sentiment has been posted,i've been trying to avoid a lot of the negative stuff,there's a lot of hockey left to be played. Would it be that terrible of an idea to give Jake Soffer a shot against Union (and perhaps Dartmouth)? I think Diebold is a more than capable division 1 goalie,many of the goals surrendered of late could not be solely attributed to him.However sometimes there's a team (*cough*union*cough*) that just seems to have your number. The Union players and coaching staff seem to have almost perfectly scouted out RPI and their strengths and weaknesses. There is not alot of tape out there at the D1 level for JS,perhaps forcing Union to test the waters a bit. Kasdorf received little playing time early last season,but wound up being a crucial component to our late season run.Recently, the team has seemingly lacked the mental focus necessary to be a competitive hockey team,and the scoreboard has reflected that (albeit against some quality teams). Perhaps playing in front of a rookie would help them regain that focus and desire to play as a team. Could totally backfire,but what's there to lose? another game to Union?Go Red
                            RIT Tigers
                            2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                            2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                              Great can we offer Dillon early admission and get him here now?
                              I suspect that he is still a High School senior.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                I suspect that he is still a High School senior.
                                Doesn't matter, DeepRed72 requires that we win every game, right now. There are no mitigating circumstances. Bow to his will.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X