X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14 Part II: The HFH is Covered with Frozen Drivel

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Was it Dicky Coles ? He never got a Xmas card from Addessa after that
    I assume you meant Bruce Coles. It wasn't him. It was Graeme Townshend.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      One of the biggest disappointments in RPI hockey history. I remember how highly recruited he was with a lot of schools interested in him. He chose RPI and never seemed to adjust to Division I hockey. Don't know if Adessa had anything to do with his poor play or not, but it was a tough 4 years watching him and his adjustment to playing defense in his senior year was a total disaster.

Comment

I decided to delete my post that replied to Aspy's post which he deleted. It made little sense when his post was there; it would make no sense now.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Ralph, what year was that ? Curious.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            Ralph, what year was that ? Curious.
            88-89 was Addesa's last year and Townshend's senior year. It must have been then.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Does anyone have any comments on Appert's decision not to pull Diebold at the end of the third period of the second DU-RPI game? The faceoff was deep in the DU end and there were only 2 seconds left on the clock - not enough time for DU to score from that distance but a sixth skater could have increased the RPI scoring chances.
              "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                No, the decent coach was fired because someone cried "racism".
                Which you only know of secondhand.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                  Does anyone have any comments on Appert's decision not to pull Diebold at the end of the third period of the second DU-RPI game? The faceoff was deep in the DU end and there were only 2 seconds left on the clock - not enough time for DU to score from that distance but a sixth skater could have increased the RPI scoring chances.
                  I wondered the same thing. However, IIRC, Denver did have a last second push earlier in the weekend that took about that long to get to the first save by Diebold.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    88-89 was Addesa's last year and Townshend's senior year. It must have been then.
                    The Addesa-Townshend incident occurred immediately following a game against Brown, 2/3/89.

Oddly enough, Addesa went off on Townshend after RPI had won the game, 2-0. One shudders to think of the language Addesa might have used if RPI had lost.

If Mike was hoping that blasting an individual player might inspire the rest of the team to play better in its remaining games, it didn't work. RPI went 0-8-1 the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                      The Addesa-Townshend incident occurred immediately following a game against Brown, 2/3/89.

Oddly enough, Addesa went off on Townshend after RPI had won the game, 2-0. One shudders to think of the language Addesa might have used if RPI had lost.

If Mike was hoping that blasting an individual player might inspire the rest of the team to play better in its remaining games, it didn't work. RPI went 0-8-1 the rest of the year.

Not having been around at that time, I have a question.
                      If Addesa was not fired immediately after the Brown game, is it possible that he was fired for losing the team that went 0-8-1, and not for the comments he made?
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        If Addesa was not fired immediately after the Brown game, is it possible that he was fired for losing the team that went 0-8-1, and not for the comments he made?
                        We have no time for this sort of logic. Please move along.
                        Originally posted by moe24
                        Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
                          We have no time for this sort of logic. Please move along.
                          I'm sorry.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                            No league points on the line and safer to play for OT. Besides if he did pull him and DU scored, his critics would have railed on and on about that until the end of time.
                            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                              One of the biggest disappointments in RPI hockey history. I remember how highly recruited he was with a lot of schools interested in him. He chose RPI and never seemed to adjust to Division I hockey. Don't know if Adessa had anything to do with his poor play or not, but it was a tough 4 years watching him and his adjustment to playing defense in his senior year was a total disaster.
                              Wow, you nailed that one. Even though he was a great skater, he consistently was 2-3 beats off the entire 4 years. Watching him play defense, when he could barely manage his normal position, was truly a disaster.

The nuttier thing, is he played 45 games in the NHL and played several A/IHL seasons... http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=6198

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              It came to light in the offseason, apparently it was repeated to the Record beat writer, not sure if it was in confidence, or not, and that was that. His leaving was actually quite protracted.
                              Last edited by ServinisScores; 12-23-2013, 11:09 PM.
                              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Addessa! A very tough coach to play for if there ever was one. The kind of personality that is fine so long as the team is winning. An easy guy to fire when things go south.

So.. I'm surprised to not have seen an comments here on 24/7. Episode #2 gave Jerry D'Amigo a little bit of the spot light. Highlighted his first goal and also showed him losing credit card roulette at dinner the next night. Got some sense from the coverage that Carlyle likes his hustle. I hope he sticks through the Winter Classic at least. Hopefully he can stick on permanently as a PK/3rd liner and have a nice career.

Yeah I know.. alumni thread.. but since there is little else going on at the moment and some folks want to discuss hockey...

Comment

Working...
                                X