This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVII

Now I REALLY wish that I could go to Minneapolis and use my tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
      Now I REALLY wish that I could go to Minneapolis and use my tickets.
      It do change things, don't it?
      Last edited by Old Pio; 03-16-2014, 08:12 PM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

With UND leading CC 4-2 late in the 3rd, it looks like DU and WMU will meet in Minny.

UND wins 4-3 after a late CC goal. DU will face WMU at the Target Center.
        Last edited by du78; 03-16-2014, 09:24 PM.
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
          Have to admit it was a surprise, very pleasant, to read just now that DU wins and advances. Didn't get a chance to listen to the game today, but sounds like it was the Sam show. Somewhat discouraging to read Montgomery say that it was the worst team effort of the series, but hopefully the new lease on life provides the spark and momentum to fuel another mini run next weekend. Great job, Pioneers.

Also, DU beats Ohio State in lacrosse at sold out and chilly stadium today, and this Zach Miller (freshman) for DU is playing amazing. Two games in a row he scores on the hide the ball trick. Guess the Buckeyes didn't watch tape of the Penn State game.

Go DU, thanks for giving us at least another week to talk hockey. Honestly, though, wouldn't be shocked to see Sam carry the team to a couple of wins, if the players in front of him step it up a bit. Good to see Loney peaking at the right time, too.
          You have a real "gamer" for a coach. Go Jimmy! Wreck it! - Maine fan.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            You have a real "gamer" for a coach. Go Jimmy! Wreck it! - Maine fan.
            Hopefully he has got some playoff mojo to use this weekend. As I recall, his last team got on a great run in the playoffs (maybe even won the whole thing?)

Comment

The NCHC@TheNCHC

#FrozenFaceoff semifinal times set: @WMUHockey vs. @DU_Hockey 4:08pm CT & @UNDMHockey vs. @MiamiOH_Hockey 7:38pm CT. Both on @CBSSportsNet
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Vote
                for
                Sam

seniorclassaward.com
                Last edited by vizoroo; 03-17-2014, 01:51 PM.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                  Nebraska-Omaha in two.
                  Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! I AM the Great and, uh, Powerful, uh, Oz.

While I got to see Thursday's game, my wife and I spent the weekend skiing Breck and Vail. I neither saw nor heard any portion of games two and three. I saw the final scores on the news. I was more surprised by the 5-1 score in game two than by the 2-0 shutout in game three. Nice to see sam and the team rebound from allowing three PPG in game one.

Some random thoughts. I was stunned to see Denver hold Josh Archibald without a point in three games given how he manhandled the Pioneers in four regular season games. I wonder if he had a injury about which nothing was revealed.

Nice to see nine different denver players score a goal, with only Ty Loney scoring two goals in the series. With six pointss in the series Loney certainly came through with a strong scoring series when the team most need it.

Four goals from freshmen: Butcher, Marcinew, Moore, Janssen.

I'm surprised at the number of higher seeded teams which lost in the opening round. Had CC beaten NoDak in game three it would have been complete anarchy.

The Pioneers get to play at least two more games in the NCHC tourney. Nice to see some post-season success for such a young team.
                  Last edited by A Shot and a Goal; 03-17-2014, 05:31 PM.
                  sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                    Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! I AM the Great and, uh, Powerful, uh, Oz.

While I got to see Thursday's game, my wife and I spent the weekend skiing Breck and Vail. I neither saw nor heard any portion of games two and three. I saw the final scores on the news. I was more surprised by the 5-1 score in game two than by the 2-0 shutout in game three. Nice to see sam and the team rebound from allowing three PPG in game one.

Some random thoughts. I was stunned to see Denver hold Josh Archibald without a point in three games given how he manhandled the Pioneers in four regular season games. I wonder if he had a injury about which nothing was revealed.

Nice to see nine different denver players score a goal, with only Ty Loney scoring two goals in the series. With six pointss in the series Loney certainly came through with a strong scoring series when the team most need it.

Four goals from freshmen: Butcher, Marcinew, Moore, Janssen.

I'm surprised at the number of higher seeded teams which lost in the opening round. Had CC beaten NoDak in game three it would have been complete anarchy.

The Pioneers get to play at least two more games in the NCHC tourney. Nice to see some post-season success for such a young team.
                    A 20 win season is still a possibility, maybe more.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                      A 20 win season is still a possibility, maybe more.
                      No need to be greedy. I'd settle for 24.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                        No need to be greedy. I'd settle for 24.
                        So would I just a little 6 game win streak

Comment

As Ralph Kramden would say: "A mere bag of shells."

Comment

UNO full of respect for His Brittain-ic Majesty

http://www.omaha.com/article/2014031...arn-series-win

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              UNO full of respect for His Brittain-ic Majesty

http://www.omaha.com/article/2014031...arn-series-win
                              +1

Sam
                              #2-.934Sv%
                              #10-2.06.GAA
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

In fact it would be an eight game win streak given the past two games, but who's counting?
                                sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Working...
                                X