This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    The general rule of thumb: if we're discussing whether or not they're gone, they're gone.
    DU has 1 D-man graduating and 3 coming in next season. All you have to do is the math.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVII

Originally posted by du78 View Post
      DU has 1 D-man graduating and 3 coming in next season. All you have to do is the math.
      This is the rule of thumb I apply every year. And it's almost always right.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
        I am too, I just don't see it happening under any circumstances. This past weekend was the nail in the coffin for me, sorry. I am not a fair weather fan, I have been passionate about the Pioneers since 1976. I just want the season to be over. Finally, Old Pio and BigBossMan, can you guys call a truce? We have better things to talk about!!
        Thanks for lumping me in with that troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          Thanks for lumping me in with that troll.
          I just want everyone to get along so we can focus on our team!!
          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
          Tom Serratore

Comment

I just want everyone to get along so we can focus on our team!!
            Well, I agree to the extent that trolls should be ignored. And I confess I don't always follow that dictum. But there's no "getting along" with a person who masquerades as a DU fan and posts under at least half a dozen names.

Comment

I am too, I just don't see it happening under any circumstances. This past weekend was the nail in the coffin for me, sorry. I am not a fair weather fan, I have been passionate about the Pioneers since 1976. I just want the season to be over. Finally, Old Pio and BigBossMan, can you guys call a truce? We have better things to talk about!!
              You guys are great DU fans as am I. No reason to give up. There is a lot of hockey left to play. This is ice hockey with lots of low scoring games. We have a great goalie and probably 8 or more players who have the ability to score often. There is no team in the NCHC we cannot defeat. (have we beaten them all this season?) Even if we don't get home ice for round 1, we can have a great effort and win on the road. Then whose to say Brittain won't pitch 2 shut-outs in Minny or we find the back of the net often. Now we are in the tournament playing with house money. I doubt the players and the coaches have given up. Support them with a better attitude.

Comment

Hey 78, Who are the three defensemen coming to Denver next season? Can you tell us with certainty which ones have signed LOIs with Denver? Can you say with certainty which ones have only given an oral commitment to Denver? Thanks for the information.
                sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

I agree. I don't care if he's a troll or his opinions flip flop every other day. While annoyed by unjustified statements about the kids playing hockey for DU, fine. I just won't stand by when someone makes racist jokes or spews hate speech. And enough with the personal attacks. I'm obviously one person, otherwise I'd be bounced from the board. Honey, sweetie, cutie.

Oh and if anyone doesn't like that, I've got two words for them. SUCK IT

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                    Hey 78, Who are the three defensemen coming to Denver next season? Can you tell us with certainty which ones have signed LOIs with Denver? Can you say with certainty which ones have only given an oral commitment to Denver? Thanks for the information.

Unofficial

2014 Recruiting Class
                    G Tanner JAILLET Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) 12/04/13
                    D Tariq HAMMOND Okotoks Oilers (AJHL) 10/16/13
                    D Blake Hillman Dubuque (USHL) 1/13/14
                    D Sean Mostrom Rio Grande Valley (NAHL) 1/17/14

Forward Garrett Gamez is no longer showing as committed to Denver on the Tri-Cities web page.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post

Unofficial

2014 Recruiting Class
                      G Tanner JAILLET Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) 12/04/13
                      D Tariq HAMMOND Okotoks Oilers (AJHL) 10/16/13
                      D Blake Hillman Dubuque (USHL) 1/13/14
                      D Sean Mostrom Rio Grande Valley (NAHL) 1/17/14

Forward Garrett Gamez is no longer showing as committed to Denver on the Tri-Cities web page.
                      "Rio Grande Valley?" Hockey? Amazing.

Comment

DU sending a full complement of 12 skiers to the NCAA Championships in Utah.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=209416355

DU has not announced any Hockey LOIs for next year yet. That doesn't mean that no one signed in the early November signing period.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

DU sending a full complement of 12 skiers to the NCAA Championships in Utah.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=209416355

DU has not announced any Hockey LOIs for next year yet. That doesn't mean that no one signed in the early November signing period.
                          Would it be putting too fine a point on it to characterize this first Montgomery class as "important?"

Comment

Both DU games this weekend to be live on Piovision.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              Would it be putting too fine a point on it to characterize this first Montgomery class as "important?"
                              I would say it is important but with only 2 players graduating and possibly 2 more leaving, there won't be much room to change the make-up of the team drastically. He already has 4 recruits coming in (3 D and 1 goalie). Probably doesn't have much if any any scholie money left so I don't think we will be seeing many more recruits this coming season. The following year DU will graduate between 5 and 7 players depending on if Leggs and Didier leave or stay this year. Already, Monty has Fuchs, O'Connor, Lukosevicius, Conley and Gambrell coming in the following year. You have to remember we have 10 frosh and 6 sophs on the team this year which accounts for 62% of the 26 man roster. It will take some time for the roster to turn over.

Comment

• Originally posted by du78 View Post
                                I would say it is important but with only 2 players graduating and possibly 2 more leaving, there won't be much room to change the make-up of the team drastically. He already has 4 recruits coming in (3 D and 1 goalie). Probably doesn't have much if any any scholie money left so I don't think we will be seeing many more recruits this coming season. The following year DU will graduate between 5 and 7 players depending on if Leggs and Didier leave or stay this year. Already, Monty has Fuchs, O'Connor, Lukosevicius, Conley and Gambrell coming in the following year. You have to remember we have 10 frosh and 6 sophs on the team this year which accounts for 62% of the 26 man roster. It will take some time for the roster to turn over.
                                My guess is that we lose one or two other players early, beyond Leggs and Didier. My first thought is Q, with his family's relationship with Gwoz, and his seeming lack of intensity this year. Another possibility is one of our tall, underperforming forwards...Loney or Larrazza. Just a hunch, I hope I'm wrong.

r

Comment

Working...
                                X