Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVII

This is the quietest pre DU vs fka sioux week I can remember

No:
    Let's Go DU
    Game thread
    Dasher dancing reports
    Coach shooting the "bird" at the refs comments
    Jokes about bad boyz, lawn mower tossing, lack of trees, green hair, green teeth, green weinies/meanies,.. etc

What's the world coming to?
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
      Penn State ruined everything.
      University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
      Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

I agree with you-Penn State and the greedy Big Ten ruined everything! But best of luck against N.Dakota. They are very hot right now and need to be cooled down.
        WMU Broncos need all the help we can get to move up in the standings, especially, when the NCHC bloggers picked the Broncos to finish dead last.

Comment

Some nostalgia, one of Maiani's biggest goals at DU. Happened at 2008 WCHA Final Five Semi-Finals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R8rf6C-QRI
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
            Some nostalgia, one of Maiani's biggest goals at DU. Happened at 2008 WCHA Final Five Semi-Finals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R8rf6C-QRI
            Apart from the beauty of the goal, the sullen looks on the faces of those morons in their little Sioux shirts is priceless.
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
              Apart from the beauty of the goal, the sullen looks on the faces of those morons in their little Sioux shirts is priceless.
              So you're saying you expect Herr Hasenpfeffer to erupt for a four point series, with a goal and three assists, while leading the Pioneers to a multi-point weekend in the standings? Okay, I thought that's what you meant.

Hope to see some Denver fans in Magness tonight.
              sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                So you're saying you expect Herr Hasenpfeffer to erupt for a four point series, with a goal and three assists, while leading the Pioneers to a multi-point weekend in the standings? Okay, I thought that's what you meant.

Hope to see some Denver fans in Magness tonight.
                Der Strudel!

Comment

Could we have a repeat tonight?
                  Viva #16!
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post

No:
                    Let's Go DU
                    Game thread
                    Dasher dancing reports
                    Coach shooting the "bird" at the refs comments
                    Jokes about bad boyz, lawn mower tossing, lack of trees, green hair, green teeth, green weinies/meanies,.. etc

Just not much to get worked up about, how the season has gone.
                    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                    Eric's Twitter
                    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Not much to play for dufus? Total crap. DU still has eyes on the NCAA's. We need to play really well down the stretch. Maybe we can move up to #15 in Pairwise which is what it will take to get an at-large this year. DU has troubles there because of our early loses and ties against weak competition. However, we have improved greatly. You never know who will fade down the stretch.
                      So if we play great and get an at large, terrific. If not, We need to play great so we go into the conference tournament knowing that we have a good chance of winning it and making the tournament.

Lot of hockey left to be played!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                        Agreed, not much to get worked up about for either team thus far in the season, but home ice is certainly well within reach for both sides. From my vantage point neither team scores much. Denver's forwards have been--to be fully accurate--inept when it comes to scoring at equal strength. Sam Brittain has played, and continues to play, splendidly in goal. The defensemen have done far more than their fair share of scoring, especially on the power play. The Pioneers are anemic when even strength goal scoring is examined. Denver has had a crying lack fo even strength scoring all season. I'm rarely correct about such things, but this series seems to point toward a split. Given the last decade or so I'll venture a guess that both teams are assessed more penalty minutes this weekend than they were averaging coming into the series.
                        sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

With both teams currently on the outside looking in at the top 15 in PWR, this weekend's results could make a big difference.

Have you noticed there is not much banter between NCHC teams?

I did notice you posted that despicable Radke hurting multiple Humanitarian Award nominee Brandon Vossburg.
                          Last edited by vizoroo; 01-24-2014, 03:10 PM.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

I think you should check your line Goon... you've got a couple nibbles.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                              Agreed, not much to get worked up about for either team thus far in the season, but home ice is certainly well within reach for both sides. From my vantage point neither team scores much. Denver's forwards have been--to be fully accurate--inept when it comes to scoring at equal strength. Sam Brittain has played, and continues to play, splendidly in goal. The defensemen have done far more than their fair share of scoring, especially on the power play. The Pioneers are anemic when even strength goal scoring is examined. Denver has had a crying lack fo even strength scoring all season. I'm rarely correct about such things, but this series seems to point toward a split. Given the last decade or so I'll venture a guess that both teams are assessed more penalty minutes this weekend than they were averaging coming into the series.
                              Pretty solid analysis. I'm inclined to think a split is about as good as we can do, but a 3 point (excuse me, under NCHC rules that would be an 11 point) weekend would surely be sweet. While they're in Magness availing themselves of the indoor plumbing, DPD can be outside putting Denver Boots on all their buckboards and ox carts. They won't be hard to spot: little green feathers, expired plates and GED applications in the glove box.
                              Last edited by Old Pio; 01-24-2014, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Pretty solid analysis. I'm inclined to think a split is about as good as we can do, but a 3 point (excuse me, under NCHC rules that would be an 11 point) weekend would surely be sweet. While they're in Magness availing themselves of the indoor plumbing, DPD can be outside putting Denver Boots on all their buckboards and ox carts. They won't be hard to spot: little green feathers, out of date plates and GED applications in the glove box.
                                Should be a fun night on the game thread.
                                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Working...
                                X