• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union at St. Cloud, 12/13 & 12/14

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    Fresh from the Duluth News Tribune

College men's hockey: Western Michigan stuns UMD in first Amsoil visit

That was bad news for UMD, which is now 0-33-3 in its last 36 games since 2010 when trailing after two periods.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...cle/id/286124/

talk about farts ....
    That stat is not a fart... it is a shart in the pants.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      That stat is not a fart... it is a shart in the pants.
      I bet if you're wearing a thong that'd be like firing the spread gun in Contra.

I mean...what?
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
        But doesn't having a boatload of fans in the building create the atmosphere? I mean...I know I always went for the super outdated music they play during stoppages.
        That's what I'm saying. The building has been less-than-full at the other games I've been at this year(including against a Miami team that was top five in the country at the time), and attendance numbers say it was like that at the ones I didn't see. I think, psychologically, that has the affect of "not that many other people seem to care, so would should I?"
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          That's what I'm saying. The building has been less-than-full at the other games I've been at this year(including against a Miami team that was top five in the country at the time), and attendance numbers say it was like that at the ones I didn't see. I think, psychologically, that has the affect of "not that many other people seem to care, so would should I?"
          And that's what's disappointing. St. Cloud hasn't been #1 in the nation since 99% of those kids were in 2nd grade. They should be something to go and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            It's disappointing. When I was at SCSU in the mid to late 2000's, the Puppy Pound student section never filled up save for Sioux and Gopher games. Same for the north side upper corners. Beyond that, it seemed like, and I think a look back at attendance numbers will show, the building was full far more frequently than it is now. I have watched the online feed for every game this season and the empty seats make me a sad panda.
            Last edited by Pump It Up; 12-14-2013, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Don't know who he is in for, but Tj Belisle will play in his first game for SCSU tonight
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                Don't know who he is in for, but Tj Belisle will play in his first game for SCSU tonight
                Someone must have really crapped the bed last night if the walk-on is going out there. Gotta send a message.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  Go TJ. No lineups yet, but per Hatten's twitter:

4 new faces in the SCSU lineup, including a player making his college debut.

Comment

SCSU:

Murray-Dowd-Holka
                    Benik-Kossila-Brodzinksi
                    Milan-Thorson-Bertsch
                    Belisle-Morley-Papa

Prochno-Prow
                    Gravel-Daly
                    Nevalainen-Rabey

Faragher
                    Lindgren

Union:

also has players tonight.
                    Last edited by Pump It Up; 12-14-2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

St. Cloud has a lot they need to figure out if they're going to stick around for the 2nd half.

Comment

I guess all the St Cloud fans who usually chat are at the game. Guess that's a good thing
                        So why aren't you winning???
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          I guess all the St Cloud fans who usually chat are at the game. Guess that's a good thing
                          So why aren't you winning???
                          They basically stopped trying. It looks like they blew their load in the 1st period.

Comment

A debacle in the 2nd for the huskies. Union is a team to be reckoned with. Way better coached and stick to the adjustments made. Would like to see the huskies try to change something up. Been a terrible weekend at #1

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyNation12 View Post
                              A debacle in the 2nd for the huskies. Union is a team to be reckoned with. Way better coached and stick to the adjustments made. Would like to see the huskies try to change something up. Been a terrible weekend at #1
                              Or, bear with me here, maybe we just aren't that good?

Comment

Anyone have the Ric Flair pic?
                                Originally posted by SJHovey
                                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                                X