Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union at St. Cloud, 12/13 & 12/14

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
    Playing off the TMQ topic this week...keep your answers short and sweet (under 30 words?).

SCSU...a better team, worse team or equal team to last years?

Union...same question.
    This is going to be a fun series to be at this weekend. I think that we have a decent chance of sweeping coming off of a hot game last Saturday and Union just playing Wednesday and a early morning flight yesterday. I just hope that we don't play like last Friday and forget what hockey is and instead play a solid game both nights.

Comment

For those in the Twin Cities these games will be on Ch. 999 Comcast/Infinity. I think this is the the fourth series of Husky games on this channel this year. The cable guide won't show the games on the schedule but they will be on!

Comment

Playing off the TMQ topic this week...keep your answers short and sweet (under 30 words?).

Union...same question.
        SCSU - I feel are better then they were this time last year but not yet better than the SCSU team that played in the NCAA tourny at the end of the year.

Odd SCSU team for me as there are no true standouts other than possibly Dowd, everyone is contributing and you never know what line is going to score. Defense is much more consistent this year compared to last. I like it
        Last edited by jazzam; 12-13-2013, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Yeah it really speaks to the consistency of this team when the 4th line center is tied for the team lead in points.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by jazzam View Post
            For those in the Twin Cities these games will be on Ch. 999 Comcast/Infinity. I think this is the the fourth series of Husky games on this channel this year. The cable guide won't show the games on the schedule but they will be on!
            Home games air on Charter Cable, too. I'm getting them on 823 in Farmington.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Better. More balance, quality defense, and great goaltending.

Last year we depended a lot on Hano and Drew. This year we don't have something like that. Even after losing Nick Jensen to the Red Wings, the defense is still solid. Kevin Gravel has stepped up his game. And I could see Faragher being in the Hobey Baker top 10. He's not going to win, but I could see him nominated.
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Home games air on Charter Cable, too. I'm getting them on 823 in Farmington.
                I'll one up you on that. I'm getting them on 823 down in Albert Lea. It's pretty awesome!

Comment

Union...same question.
                  Let's see... where to start... The difference between this year's team and the team we had last year, despite the fact that it is still early in the season is

Crap that is 30 words
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    Better. More balance, quality defense, and great goaltending.

Last year we depended a lot on Hano and Drew. This year we don't have something like that. Even after losing Nick Jensen to the Red Wings, the defense is still solid. Kevin Gravel has stepped up his game. And I could see Faragher being in the Hobey Baker top 10. He's not going to win, but I could see him nominated.
                    You didn't follow GopherFan89's directions, you fool!!!
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

What was the most fun Union vs. SCSU game you have attended? Keep it to the date only. I don't care what your reasons are.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        What was the most fun Union vs. SCSU game you have attended? Keep it to the date only. I don't care what your reasons are.
                        All of them. Best rivalry in college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by 5MinMajor View Post
                          I'll one up you on that. I'm getting them on 823 down in Albert Lea. It's pretty awesome!
                          Go Tigers! AL is my second home, got a LOT of family from there.
                          scsuhockey.com
                          CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Being the king of the hill in December just means you've got a big target on your back and every team out there is trying to knock you off your perch. Best of luck to Union College tonight. Should be a heck of a series.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              You didn't follow GopherFan89's directions, you fool!!!
                              That full sentence was not part of my answer. The cliffs notes version was.

Comment

Disgusting performance all around for the huskies tonight. Didn't look good from start to finish. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend for Fridays at home. Anyone know anything about faragher?

Comment

Working...
                                X