Alaska @ Bemidji...insert witty caption here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska @ Bemidji...insert witty caption here

Pretty sure the mascot isn't traveling to Bemidji, so we shouldn't have to worry about any muggings.

Beavers kissed their sisters twice against Tech this weekend.

Nanooks split in Anchorage with a gutsy come from behind win on Saturday.

Last series for UAF until the new year, and the end of four out of five weeks on the road.

Discuss.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Re: Alaska @ Bemidji...insert witty caption here

We need wins. Hope the Nooks can build off of Saturday.
    All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

I am guessing Cahill will get another chance this weekend.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        I am guessing Cahill will get another chance this weekend.
        I would guess that too, or they'll bring Jones and start Cahill on Friday and depending on the outcome start Jones on Saturday or not.

Comment

Defense definitely needs to step it up. Nanooks have only won when they've scored at least 3 goals. And in 3 of 6 wins they needed 5 to win.

Comment

I don't get to see the nooks much, but who is our goalie? I think the coaching staff have had enough time to evaluate the three of them and name a starter. I think the team would play better with one starter not this situation we have now where you don't know who is playing until you read the box score.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
              I don't get to see the nooks much, but who is our goalie? I think the coaching staff have had enough time to evaluate the three of them and name a starter. I think the team would play better with one starter not this situation we have now where you don't know who is playing until you read the box score.
              We don't seem to have a go-to yet. I'm guessing Cahill will get the nod this weekend since he won on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                We don't seem to have a go-to yet. I'm guessing Cahill will get the nod this weekend since he won on Saturday.
                I still don't see where that is coachoing or leading, just becasue he won his last game. Let's settle on a goalie and give him some confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                  I still don't see where that is coachoing or leading, just becasue he won his last game. Let's settle on a goalie and give him some confidence.
                  Honestly none of the three have been stellar this year. That said, Cahill has gotten the nod three of the last four games. If he goes this weekend and has success, I could see him being #1.

It wasn't until this time last year that we settled on Keeney.

Comment

I can only surmise that the Bemidji faithful must have ventured into last week’s UAA vs Alaska thread and decided not to risk brain rot by having anything to do with a UAA or Alaska thread. Can’t blame them.

But just in case, here’s a quick snip of info. We are probably one of the few towns in the US that considers Bemidji part of the banana belt. Again, not my numbers, so I won’t take it personally if you trash them…but I won’t go to the trouble of changing them either.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Go Nooks!

Comment

News Miner write up on Cahill:

http://m.newsminer.com/sports/uaf_na....html?mode=jqm

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                        I can only surmise that the Bemidji faithful must have ventured into last week’s UAA vs Alaska thread and decided not to risk brain rot by having anything to do with a UAA or Alaska thread. Can’t blame them.

But just in case, here’s a quick snip of info. We are probably one of the few towns in the US that considers Bemidji part of the banana belt. Again, not my numbers, so I won’t take it personally if you trash them…but I won’t go to the trouble of changing them either.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Go Nooks!
                        I love these stats you post. I never knew that UAF and Fairbanks in general has such larger populations than a lot of the teams in the WCHA.

Comment

I find the high/low temps more interesting. As pointed out before, the population numbers (and economic info) can be misleading depending on how the census area is defined. They could have used the City of Fairbanks with a population closer to 35k, as opposed to the Fairbanks North Star Borough at 100k, which by the way is over 20% military.

Comment

I find the high/low temps more interesting. As pointed out before, the population numbers (and economic info) can be misleading depending on how the census area is defined. They could have used the City of Fairbanks with a population closer to 35k, as opposed to the Fairbanks North Star Borough at 100k, which by the way is over 20% military.
                            True....but still interesting.

So I hear Keeney stayed back and Cahill & Jones are the goalies they took. I think that was a good decision.

Comment

Well, Millsy would have posted here if not for the fact he had to have emergency surgery earlier this week. He's still in the ICU after a setback late last night. Hoping he's doing better...
                              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                              ECAC:
                              HEA: UMass
                              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Working...
                              X