UAA vs Lake Superior, 'twas the fight before Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA vs Lake Superior, 'twas the fight before Christmas

UAA coming off a tough split with uaf, while lake state coming off getting swept by ferris.

Discuss
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Re: UAA vs Lake Superior, 'twas the fight before Christmas

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    UAA coming off a tough split with uaf, while lake state coming off getting swept by ferris.

Discuss
    I'm just glad these games are being played in Anchorage. Lake Superior has beaten some teams who swept UAA, so it's going to be another battle. One I think the Seawolves are up for, however. Both teams have 10 league points, so UAA really needs to take advantage of home ice and get 4!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Haven't followed Lake State closely so not sure my impression is correct.
      One weekend to the next do they seem to run hot and cold?

Comment

Sounds like of there rotating goalies is former Mankato goalie Kevin Murdock. I remember Clark and lunden lighting him up when he was with the mavs.

Other than that idk anything. Else about them

Go seawolves
        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

These two teams seem similar to me, at least on paper. In the WCHA Lake Superior is #5 in team offense with a 2.80 average per game. UAA is #6 with 2.67. Likewise they are #7 in team defense with 2.70 and UAA is #8 with 3.08. The Seawolve's PP is much better (25.42 vs. 13.95), but Lake's PK is 85.1 vs. UAA's 73.6. Both teams penalty minutes are similar. Gundy is the #5 goalie in the league and Lake's Kapala is #9.

Globke, Campbell, and Czuczman are their top guns, respectively. Should be a good series!!
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            Haven't followed Lake State closely so not sure my impression is correct.
            One weekend to the next do they seem to run hot and cold?
            More like one night to the next.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              More like one night to the next.
              Are you guys rotating goalies?
              What do you mean one night to the next?
              No pattern emerging?

Comment

Are you guys rotating goalies?
                What do you mean one night to the next?
                No pattern emerging?
                Kapalka has been playing most of the games in net lately, but he and Murdock have rotated at times in the past. Most weekends we've played very well one night and not so well the other night. Generally Friday has been the good night and Saturday the off night, but not always. The pattern is inconsistency, although many teams struggle with that.

Comment

Gundy has pretty much grabbed the bit and run with it. It's nice to have 2 guys behind him that could also start.
                  To me our freshmen class has been a pleasant surprise. Maybe no superstars but 6 of them have consistently cracked the lineup. Moving up to D1 is a pretty big step. Moving Leask from D to forward may have been a forced move but at this point appears to be the right one. Kwas makes things happen and Bailey makes it exciting. Allen has found his scoring touch and should only get better.
                  The new coaching staff from top to bottom are all positive and moving our program in the right direction.
                  We won't win em all this year but we can play with anyone. Granted some nights better than others.
                  It's a new day and a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

The last time LSSU and UAA met was the 1992 NCAA tournament where the Lakers won 7-3. This weekend will be the first time the Lakers and Seawolves play in Anchorage. Should be an entertaining series.
                    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

How does LSSU play? Run and gun? Dump and grind?
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Thanks for the stats, Suze!

Stat wise, it sounds like these teams are pretty even on average and that the difference maker could be the small things like the fact that Gunderson is doing somewhat better than Kapala. On the flip side, their PK is somewhat better than ours and that could give them the upper hand. But anytime you get two even matched teams it's anyone's game.
                        Last edited by Alaskana; 12-09-2013, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Some of the polls and rankings

KRACH
                          Lakers 13
                          Seawolves 34

Pairwise
                          Lakers 12
                          Seawolves 35

USCHO Poll
                          Lakers 17
                          Seawolves unranked

ESPN Poll
                          Lakers dropped out this week so 16???
                          Seawolves unranked

Comment

Some of the polls and rankings

KRACH
                            Lakers 13
                            Seawolves 34

Pairwise
                            Lakers 12
                            Seawolves 35

USCHO Poll
                            Lakers 17
                            Seawolves unranked

ESPN Poll
                            Lakers dropped out this week so 16???
                            Seawolves unranked
                            Thanks Seawolf Fan. BTW, it was nice to meet you last Saturday ... finally. Now I know who you are, so you better be nice!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              Thanks Seawolf Fan. BTW, it was nice to meet you last Saturday ... finally. Now I know who you are, so you better be nice!
                              Dammit! Now I have to change my whole personality and be nice?
                              Seriously, it was nice to meet you and Mr. Suze.
                              Minor differences aside I know you just want what's best for the program.
                              It's a new day and a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Working...
                              X