Princeton @ RPI - Dec 7, 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Princeton @ RPI - Dec 7, 2013

Engineers have struggled to beat the Tigers at home in recent years, but they haven't faced a 12th place Princeton team during that time...

Also of note, this is a 4pm game today.

Everyone get pumped and LGR!
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Re: Princeton @ RPI - Dec 7, 2013

2013-14
    Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    Ralph Baer         3- 2- 1  7 points  .583
    burgie12           1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    REDRocket          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    GRussinko          1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    fr joe             1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    engineerhockeyfan  0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500

Cumulative 2003-04 - 2013-14 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    Ralph Baer        37-34-12 86 points  .518
    fr joe            36-40- 9 81 points  .476
    engineerhockeyfan 16-21- 5 37 points  .440
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    hockeyhound       11-14- 1 23 points  .442
    GRussinko         10-15- 2 22 points  .407
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
    DrDemento          4-15- 3 11 points  .250
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    burgie12           4- 2- 0  8 points  .667
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    jericho            3- 7- 0  6 points  .300
    JCrawford          2- 0- 0  4 points 1.000
    REDRocket          2- 3- 0  4 points  .400
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 2  2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 2  2 points  .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI92              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/Alma%20Mater.mp3
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-08-2014, 05:32 AM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Missed the latter part of the third yesterday and was disappointed that we lost another lead in the third. 3 ties this year after leading late in the third period is just costing us too much in national rankings. But if you have to tie-this was a good tie. Played a very strong QU team-had only 21 shots against them but so many great chances created that were stopped or went wide or high. A couple of bad defensive decisions-but then again, they were also some very good offensive moves against us causing some of them. We were not great on faceoffs but won many of the most important ones. Not to mention scoring 3 against one of the best defensive teams in the nation. Just need to clean up some of the mistakes and play inspired this afternoon. We are the best first period team in the nation-now just have to extend that further into the game. Princeton is on the road-with a quick turnaround game. We really need to get the jump on them early and pressure all over to take a little advantage of that. Go Red!!!

Haggerty well on his way to our first player with a 30+ goal season since 1999-2000. Not only does leading the country in goals get him noticed, but it adds a little publicity for our entire program as that stat gets mentioned all over the place.
      Last edited by DrDemento; 12-07-2013, 05:53 AM.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
        Engineers have struggled to beat the Tigers at home in recent years, but they haven't faced a 12th place Princeton team during that time...

Also of note, this is a 4pm game today.

Everyone get pumped and LGR!
        I've seen them lay an egg to an 11th place Princeton team before beating Yale on Senior night 4:44.4 into overtime.

And for the younger folk, this was when RPI women were D-III, Quinnipiac was in AHA, and UVM was in the ECAC.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          I've seen them lay an egg to an 11th place Princeton team before beating Yale on Senior night 4:44.4 into overtime.

And for the younger folk, this was when RPI women were D-III, Quinnipiac was in AHA, and UVM was in the ECAC.
          Your optimism is surely one of your more endearing qualities.
          Originally posted by moe24
          Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

We have come out flying and taken leads in many of our games this year, only to flatten out and either tie or lose those games.
            We still don't know how to win.
            If we get off to a good start this afternoon, we have to continue that type of play for sixty minutes, never letting up. And when we get the opportunity finish the play.
            One of the things I like about this years team is their maturity when it comes to the officiating. Even when we get hosed, there is no great outbursts by players or coaches.
            I think that that is one of the reasons that we have not spent as much time in the box, as we have in recent years. Keep it up.
            We need some of the third and fourth line players to start chipping in some goals. Bubela for one has played fairly well, but not much on the score sheet. Schroeder also needs to start finding the back of the net.
            It seems that we have had our successes on Saturdays, so lets just keep that up.

lets go red!!!!!!!!!
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
              I'll have optimism when we don't have a **** record against a team in recent history.

Comment

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
                Also his use of the word "younger".
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  We have come out flying and taken leads in many of our games this year, only to flatten out and either tie or lose those games.
                  We still don't know how to win.
                  If we get off to a good start this afternoon, we have to continue that type of play for sixty minutes, never letting up. And when we get the opportunity finish the play.
                  One of the things I like about this years team is their maturity when it comes to the officiating. Even when we get hosed, there is no great outbursts by players or coaches.
                  I think that that is one of the reasons that we have not spent as much time in the box, as we have in recent years. Keep it up.
                  We need some of the third and fourth line players to start chipping in some goals. Bubela for one has played fairly well, but not much on the score sheet. Schroeder also needs to start finding the back of the net.
                  It seems that we have had our successes on Saturdays, so lets just keep that up.

lets go red!!!!!!!!!
                  EHF-unfortunately we have spent a lot of time in the box-in the last several games. We were almost last in penalties in the nation until before the Union games. Now we are unfortuantely taking almost the most penalties. We took 5 last night(and i do think we got hosed on a couple) but QU only took 2 and one of those was a matching penalty. The penalty to Dolan last night may have cost us the win but it looked like it was the right call. But we are just not a team that can take more than twice the penalty time as our opponent as we did last night. I fear will will maintain that reputation with the officials-they are only humn(I think)-and are influenced by the preconceived notion that we are a team that deserves all the penalties. Hopefully this afternoon we can stay out of the box and lower our penalty minute average.

Comment

I have FD on ignore so I don't have to bother with the game resets. How long into the game last night did it take for him to go off the deep end? What is the over/under on it for this afternoon's game?
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                      I have FD on ignore so I don't have to bother with the game resets. How long into the game last night did it take for him to go off the deep end? What is the over/under on it for this afternoon's game?
                      It depends upon your definition of "go off the deep end".

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Also his use of the word "younger".
                        Hey now [you're an all-star, get your game on, go play], not every poster would know that not ten years ago, those three facts were true.

Comment

Been trying to figure out why there's a Finnish flag at the HFH all season and finally figured out why it's there. It's in honor of one of the freshman on the women's team.
                          Hey Doc, did you go to the women's game at Princeton last night??

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                            Been trying to figure out why there's a Finnish flag at the HFH all season and finally figured out why it's there. It's in honor of one of the freshman on the women's team.
                            Hey Doc, did you go to the women's game at Princeton last night??
                            Nope-was here for most of the men's game watching RPITV and listening on WRPI audio. Had to run out and missed the last bit of the game though. I have not been a big follower of the women's game for several years now. I just find the game less exciting than the physicality of the men's game. I did follow them for the early years but lost interest around 2000 when Cindy Acropolis graduated. She was really one to watch-and i truly wonder how she would have fared in today's game with us moving up into division I.

Comment

The lines for RPI http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...RI.pdf?id=1720. They look the same as yesterday.

PU lines http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...PI.pdf?id=1719. Skating 10 forwards and 7 dmen due to injuries.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-07-2013, 02:12 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X