Posting Number/Job Order #
    Classification Title:
    HEAD WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY COACH
    Operating Title
    Department
    UNH-Athletics
    Posting Date:
    (Positions are posted a minimum of 7 days if hourly based and minimum of 10 days if salaried based)
    04-09-2014
    Closing Date
    04-19-2014
    Posting Open to Internal Candidates Only?
    No
    Interested Internal Candidates Exist?
    No

Percent Time Information (FTE)
    Appointment Type
    Regular Position with Benefits
    If TERM position with benefits, indicate projected end date:

If TEMP appointment with benefits, indicate projected end date:

Additional Salary Information:
    (Salaried/hourly rates are set within the pay range based on each candidate's education and experience, job responsibilities, internal equity, and/or available department funding.)
    Starting salary commensurate with education and experience.
    Summary of Position
    To organize, plan, administer, maintain and direct all aspects of an emphasized intercollegiate sports program, supervise all staff members involved in such a program and create strong public relations and fund raising.
    Acceptable Minimum Qualifications
    Bachelor's degree. Five years coaching experience. Participation in sport coached.
    Additional Desirable Qualifications:
    Masters degree. Intercollegiate coaching experience.
    Equipment/Instruments

Additional Job Information:
    To receive full consideration for this position, in addition to completing the required on-line application form, please be prepared to submit:
    Resume and cover letter

Optional Documents:
    Contact Information for three (3) professional references
    Is this position responsible for the supervision of staff?
    Yes, this position is responsible for supervision
    If yes, what kind of staff does this person supervise?
    Adjunct Hourly Staff
    Professional, Administrative, and Technical
    Special Requirements:
    Background check may be required prior to employment.
    Safety Information
    None applicable
    EEO Statement
    The University of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. The university seeks excellence through diversity among its administrators, faculty, staff, and students. The university prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged.
    EEO Information
    10-Executive/Admin and Managerial
    Additional Salary Information:
    Salary is complemented by a generous benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
    Duties/ Responsibilities
    8 Records
    Ranking Duties/Responsibilities

Coach will implement a strategic vision for the Women's Hockey program that aspires to be a consistent contender in Hockey East and the NCAA tournament. The coach will plan and organize the Women's Hockey program including developing game plans; training and conditioning programs; organizing practice sessions; supervising and monitoring assistant coaches; developing and retaining athletically talented student athletes to compete successfully within the conference, regionally and/or nationally.

Assess talent and nationally recruit student athletes to the Women's Hockey program who are excellent students and athletes. This includes traveling to evaluate players' abilities, phone calls, letter writing, on campus meetings and scholarship recommendations.

Travel with the team, plan for equipment and supplies including uniforms maintenance. Responsible for ensuring that team expenditures do not exceed team budget.

Public relations responsibilities. Attend on/off campus functions to represent the program. Speak at high-schools, clubs, banquets, lecture at summer camps. Actively pursue strong print and electronic media relations.

Develop and maintain strong alumni, parent, and booster support for women's hockey; strategize how to best work with the hockey team's booster organization and assist in implementing said organization, and work with the UNH Athletic Development Office to increase annual contributions and scholarships for the hockey team and the Athletics department.

Pass the NCAA coaches certification test, attend all mandatory NCAA compliance meetings and maintain appropriate forms and documentation in office files to be reviewed upon request. Maintain competency with respect to knowledge of, compliance with, state and federal laws, University policies/regulations, Hockey East Conference rules/policies, and NCAA rules. Report to the Director of Athletics any violation of NCAA, conference, and/or
    institutional rules.

Coach will represent the University on the highest professional level with dignity, integrity, and strength of character. Coach must respect the rights and dignity of each student athlete. Coach also must display sensitivity to diversity issues and shall work to create an inclusive and welcoming environment. Coach will be an ambassador for the institution and UNH Athletics and will build strong relationships with the institutional colleagues and the state's populace and national constituents.

Encourage student-athletes to perform to their fullest academic potential, monitor student athletes' progress toward degree requirements to remain eligible. Monitor the retention eligibility of student-athletes as it impacts the women's hockey Academic Progress Rate (APR) and Graduation Success Rate (GSR).
    Seriously? I guess this says a lot about the situation.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Originally posted by Gerry unh View Post
      posted at unh.edu 4/9

Classification Title:

Interested Internal Candidates Exist?
      No
      Says who?
      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
        Says who?
        So I guess the co-interim coaches are NOT interested?
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          So I guess the co-interim coaches are NOT interested?
          As far as I know they were both very interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
            As far as I know they were both very interested.
            It appears their interest was not reciprocated by the guy who posted the opening.

So there it is then. "Garcon, I'll have the full-blown program rebuild, s'il vous plait?"

I'll reserve further comment until we see what the process nets, and when ...
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Bizarro World of UNH Athletics Department just became even more bizarre..

Comment

Un....effing......believable.....
                UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  Bizarro World of UNH Athletics Department just became even more bizarre..
                  Looks like a typical office snafu. Both coaches have applied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hux View Post
                    Looks like a typical office snafu. Both coaches have applied.
                    Good to hear.

Proof reading is becoming more and more underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Proof reading is becoming more and more underrated.
                      Nope just unfunded. Like all large entities that sort of checking was a cost reduction... do it right the first time...
                      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

The Women's Soccer coach quit after one season and headed back to PC as the head coach. Wonder if McCloskey situation had something to do with him leaving after only one season...

Comment

Great question Zlax45! But the better one is if any of us were employed in that field house, we would feel secure to do our job? Would we trust our superiors to be rational, sane, and practical in the face of parental whining or would we expect them to turn on us, release a defamatory press statement and then hide under the cloak of invisibility for 6 months?

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            The Women's Soccer coach quit after one season and headed back to PC as the head coach. Wonder if McCloskey situation had something to do with him leaving after only one season...
                            Wow ... that's unfortunate. Met one of his assistants last Fall; they certainly had things moving in a positive direction. Coach Lopes was an assistant at PC for a few seasons, so returning there when the head job opened up isn't all that surprising.

I wouldn't be attributing that to anything other than taking a job closer to "home" where he's coached before, and in what has always been a historically stronger program than UNH.
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              Wow ... that's unfortunate. Met one of his assistants last Fall; they certainly had things moving in a positive direction. Coach Lopes was an assistant at PC for a few seasons, so returning there when the head job opened up isn't all that surprising.

I wouldn't be attributing that to anything other than taking a job closer to "home" where he's coached before, and in what has always been a historically stronger program than UNH.
                              Yes, it is a place he has coached in the past...I don't think a guy on his first head coaching job would give up after one season at a school....

It is interesting that pretty much all the women's sports coaches have changed besides women's volleyball and gymnastics multiple times in the past 10 years.

Comment

Hey, I think that I just may attend this UNH Alumni event, just to hear the "guest speaker" :

http://unh.imodules.com/controls/ema...2-f6981d85dc72

Who's with me?
                                UNH

Comment

Working...
                                X