PDA

View Full Version : UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45

HockeyRef
08-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Thank you! :)

Posting the job before announcing Coach T's departure could have been better coordinated between the Athletics and Human Resources departments.

Annnnd it's posted on the unhwildcats.com site so I'm off a few days! ;) An official welcome to Coach Stewart! Let the games begin!!!!

Chuck Murray
09-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Thank goodness we have BS35+1 to take charge of this emerging situation with the Men's Hockey starting goalie.

freak
09-27-2014, 06:22 PM
So let me get this straight...

McCloskey grabs a player's jersey, sits her down and tells her not to speak to him that way again. (Or "placing his body on top her body" depending on who you believe.)

He's charged with THREE counts of simple assault and one of criminal threatening.

Casey DeSmith allegedly threw his gf down and pummeled her. He gets just one charge of simple assault and later resisting arrest.

Yeah, that all makes sense.

Chuck Murray
09-27-2014, 06:33 PM
So let me get this straight...

McCloskey grabs a player's jersey, sits her down and tells her not to speak to him that way again. (Or "placing his body on top her body" depending on who you believe.)

He's charged with THREE counts of simple assault and one of criminal threatening.

Casey DeSmith allegedly threw his gf down and pummeled her. He gets just one charge of simple assault and later resisting arrest.

Yeah, that all makes sense.

Not to mention the assailant was (allegedly :rolleyes: ) drunk off his ***** at the time of the (alleged :rolleyes: ) GF assault.

I know I for one sleep better at night knowing our UNH student athletes are safe from being verballly blasted by their coach for acting up, as opposed to wasting the State's valuable prosecutorial resources on actual physical attacks on women and law enforcement.

It's really beyond me why this comparison isn't being made in the local/statewide press.

Maybe there is fear that someone's press pass/arena privileges will be withdrawn?? Nah, that would never happen ... :rolleyes:

Snively65
10-07-2014, 01:38 PM
For those of you who are not reading our season thread, here is a link that Darius posted there, which seems appropriate here, too.

"If you are in need of a little light reading: http://unhwildcats.com/compliance/Parent_Ed.pdf "

Darius
10-08-2014, 09:12 AM
From The Corner Office: Scarano On Homecoming, Tailgating, Parking:
http://unhwildcats.com/sports/blog/2014-15/releases/44

"After last year’s Homecoming it was apparent that it was a fabulous day but it was fairly raucous and there were some issues that we knew we had to deal with. The main issue was separating drinking and driving. There was a considerable number of cars left abandoned after tailgating..."

The Zlax45
10-08-2014, 10:25 AM
From The Corner Office: Scarano On Homecoming, Tailgating, Parking:
http://unhwildcats.com/sports/blog/2014-15/releases/44

"After last year’s Homecoming it was apparent that it was a fabulous day but it was fairly raucous and there were some issues that we knew we had to deal with. The main issue was separating drinking and driving. There was a considerable number of cars left abandoned after tailgating..."

Isn't that a good thing to have cars abandoned instead of having people driving drunk?

Chuck Murray
10-08-2014, 11:16 AM
Isn't that a good thing to have cars abandoned instead of having people driving drunk?

Sounds like a great supplemental fundraising opportunity to me. But I don't have 35+1 years' experience ... :p

sonar
10-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Me thinks our fault finding is nearing the overreaction stage. Call wolf too many times and nobody pays attention when the critter shows up. Read that somewhere one time.

Aerman
10-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Sonar may be right, but I was kinda thinking "fairly raucous" might be a positive contributing factor to the "fabulous day." If everybody is a little too chill, where's the fabulous? :D

sonar
10-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Sonar may be right, but I was kinda thinking "fairly raucous" might be a positive contributing factor to the "fabulous day." If everybody is a little to chill, where's the fabulous? :D

agreed

Snively65
10-09-2014, 09:52 AM
So, how were BS35+1's new lights? Or, was that earlier in the season?

Darius
10-09-2014, 12:54 PM
So, how were BS35+1's new lights? Or, was that earlier in the season?New lights related or not I don't know, but the Athletic Department is cranking out football ticket deal emails at a furious pace. Night games do not appeal to me as much as nice crisp warm fall sun afternoon games. I was and am still in favor of the lights, but not as likely to attend late afternoon, night games as early afternoon games.

The Zlax45
10-09-2014, 02:49 PM
New lights related or not I don't know, but the Athletic Department is cranking out football ticket deal emails at a furious pace. Night games do not appeal to me as much as nice crisp warm fall sun afternoon games. I was and am still in favor of the lights, but not as likely to attend late afternoon, night games as early afternoon games.

Night games would work really early in the year in September but once October hits...it gets a little too cold at night to bring out the family

sonar
10-09-2014, 06:53 PM
So, how were BS35+1's new lights? Or, was that earlier in the season?

The lights are first class. The attendance thus far is exceptional. The new stadium will be great. The recruiting will be easier. The football team may be the first male team to win a NC for UNH.

Scott
10-09-2014, 07:21 PM
The lights are first class. The attendance thus far is exceptional. The new stadium will be great. The recruiting will be easier. The football team may be the first male team to win a NC for UNH.

Agreed. No disrespect at all to hockey, but there seems to be quite a momentum shift behind football right now.

ClOuD 9
10-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Remember the days when we were a hockey school? ;):p

Snively65
10-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Remember the days when we were a hockey school? ;):p

Hey, it can happen again. :-)

Felger
10-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Me thinks our fault finding has passed the overreaction stage. Call wolf too many times and nobody pays attention when the critter shows up. Read that somewhere one time.
I agree with your sentiment but made a slight adjustment to your post. This thread jumped the shark a long time ago. In fact, after reading the story about Andrew Silsby in Fosters the other I checked out this thread. Figured for sure one of the haters on here would find a negative and blame it on the AD.

Bush/Obama Derangement Syndrome has been replaced by Scarano Derangement Syndrome.

wildcatdc
10-10-2014, 06:21 PM
I agree with your sentiment but made a slight adjustment to your post. This thread jumped the shark a long time ago. In fact, after reading the story about Andrew Silsby in Fosters the other I checked out this thread. Figured for sure one of the haters on here would find a negative and blame it on the AD.

Bush/Obama Derangement Syndrome has been replaced by Scarano Derangement Syndrome.

Could NOT agree more.