Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
    Wow, here's your chance Admin. To stand up and show some ability....meet with the players and see if they're fears can be calmed...all they want is to be shown that someone actually cares....to be shown that " at UNH, we take care of our student-athletes, premier above all"!
    Nail on the head. If this team knows Coaches Wood and Jones are back next fall, I don't think we'll see anything close to a mass exodus. The student - athletes who play UNH Hockey chose this school for a number of reasons, just one of which is the hockey program. They are also in Durham because of the education.

In the discussion of "jumping ship", we have yet to mention that a lot of these women chose this ship because of the academic avenues they have here. Exercise Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies. UNH has programs that are unrivaled, at least in schools that also have D1 hockey. Knowing that they may have to compromise on one or the other after having found what they thought was the perfect fit, has got to be weighing heavily on these players.

I really hope, for the sake of the student-athletes thrust into this mess, that they get the answers they need quickly, so they can make a decision. We all read every year about how daunting the process of choosing a program and school is. It is certainly not in the best interest of the student-athlete to have to repeat the process. I don't want to see these people who i have come to care about wearing the colors of another school. I want them to remain Wildcats, and be proud of their choice, and their school, but someone at the top has got to give them something to believe in and be proud of.

Who is that? Who is minding the store? Whoever it is had best turn on the Open sign or we're going to be out of business.
    Last edited by DC78-82; 03-28-2014, 09:03 AM.
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

So, this just appeared on Twitter:

http://unhstadium.com/
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Is Diane Metcalf Steve's wife? If so, another nepotism in that AD
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

She works for Advancement not Athletics.
          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
            She works for Advancement not Athletics.
            Her title on that site is Director of Athletics Development..

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              Her title on that site is Director of Athletics Development..
              Yes, similar to the Director of Development, Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics and Director of Development, College of Liberal Arts, etc. They work closely with the organizations they support, but work for Advancement.

No big deal, just saying any nepotism is cross departmental.
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                Yes, similar to the Director of Development, Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics and Director of Development, College of Liberal Arts, etc. They work closely with the organizations they support, but work for Advancement.

No big deal, just saying any nepotism is cross departmental.
                That's reassuring ...
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  That's reassuring ...
                  Yea...that is better but still doesn't change the men's basketball coach hiring his son and the women's coach hiring her husband...

Comment

And the Trustees at good ole State U still have nothing to say.....about the way Huddleston is running the University! Seriously, are they hiring? Or do I have to have a relative working there for them to look at my resume....aaahhh that's where Johnny Gaudreau went wrong!

Comment

Oh and by the way, how is it we can raise money for the stadium, and then 4.4 million for a new pool, but can't seem to find the funds for a jumbotron? Do we not have contracts with major corporate sponsors like other schools who have the jumbotrons surrounded by logos?

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                        Regarding the parking. Am I the only one driven crazy by the fact that the alumni center lot is 2/3 empty for most games. Back in the glory days we were told that the spaces had to be reserved for the big shots in Concord and big donors who would grace us with their presence only if their walk from car to arena was less than two minutes. Well even then few biggies came to games and, if they did, they would not be seen before or after. We all have friends or acquaintances who have had season tickets that go back to the Snively days, some for the almost 50 years. Do they get any consideration for these coveted spots? Short answer no! The alternatives now are A lot (total nightmare) and the lot across from the late lamented New England Center. Back when the NEC was operating, you couldn't park there either. When people lament the difficulty in attending Friday night games, I believe it has as much to do with the parking situation as it does with the 7 o'clock starts. At his point would you not think that our all-knowing AD would throw season ticket holders a little sop and give at least those with the longest tenure of attendance one of those premium parking spots. Dream on I guess.
                        Not sure if this has changed, but during the 2012-13 season a parking pass at New Hampshire Hall or the Alumni Center would cost you $3,000 a year: $2,500 annual donation to Wildcat Athletic Fund + $500 for the pass itself. http://www.unhwildcats.com/releases/Wildcat_Fund_initiative_July2012
                        Last edited by ClOuD 9; 04-03-2014, 08:54 PM.
                        "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                        Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                        NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                        EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                        AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                        1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                          Not sure if this has changed, but during the 2012-13 season a parking pass at New Hampshire Hall or the Alumni Center would cost you $3,000 a year: $2,500 annual donation to Wildcat Athletic Fund + $500 for the pass itself. http://www.unhwildcats.com/releases/Wildcat_Fund_initiative_July2012
                          They need to do something along the lines of BU's New Balance Field. Yank up the green out in front of the Whitt, build a parking garage below grade, and plop the field turf on top. Parking problem solved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hux View Post
                            They need to do something along the lines of BU's New Balance Field. Yank up the green out in front of the Whitt, build a parking garage below grade, and plop the field turf on top. Parking problem solved.
                            Might be cheaper to build a six-level parking deck BEHIND the Whitt, next to the alum building, you know, partially hidden behind the trees. Then, we would be just like BC; high-end "NHLer" recruits would come flocking to UNH, the whole nine yards. What do you say, BS35?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Might be cheaper to build a six-level parking deck BEHIND the Whitt, next to the alum building, you know, partially hidden behind the trees. Then, we would be just like BC; high-end "NHLer" recruits would come flocking to UNH, the whole nine yards. What do you say, BS35?
                              Nah, that would be a waste of the $40,000 permeable parking lot and would still entail an exposed walk to the Whitt. My idea would include an express elevator to the luxury box level for those VIPs who ponied up for parking spots and a video scoreboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                                Great idea, Hux. And BTW, with both fields (@ UNH and New Balance Field) being used primarily for field hockey these days, the old-fashioned phony turf (Astroturf) gets some increasingly rare usage. God, I do hate that stuff ... but apparently it is still THE preferred surface for that sport. I'm sure some company out there is only too happy to be able to rid themselves of some otherwise obsolete inventory. IMO that's taking this whole "green" movement too far.

Speaking of "obsolete inventory" (wait for the *amazing* transition on this one ) ... this past weekend, almost 100,000 baseball fans turned out at Stade Olympique in Montreal for two meaningless exhibition games. In today's shameless "Bring Back Les Expos" plug, I figured I'd post some links to some nice photos of a sold-out Big Owe, which is something I haven't seen myself for about 15 years now. Does bring back some fond memories, though.

Sorry to post here, but it looks like the old Expos thread in the Cafe has joined Nos Amours in oblivion these days.

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/...10308469_o.jpg

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/baseball/in-photos-baseball-returns-to-montreal/article17727755/#dashboard/follows/
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X