Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Not sure about Scarano, but I thought that Umile did a good job getting the most out of his players this past weekend at the Garden. Well worth my attendance both nights.
    The irony is we were a game or 2/half a dozen puck bounces from a fire Maybe thread.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
      Any love, appreciation, credit for Marty after this weekend's hockey and gymnastic performances? This has been a great year for UNH athletics and it isn't over yet. One man can't be held responsible for the perceived failures and not be given credit for the multiple successes. Today is a great day to be a Wildcat!
      He didn't hire Umile or the gymnastics coach
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by the zlax45 View Post
        he didn't hire or fire umile or the gymnastics coach
        jfyp. :-)

Comment

jfyp. :-)
          Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
            Congratulations to UncleRay - today's weiner!!
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Thank you.
              Me thinks some of our older posters are suffering from early signs of dementia.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                Me thinks some of our older posters are suffering from early signs of dementia.
                You're just figuring that out now? This thread is a dozen or so collective years from an assisted living facility. I was saying thank you for pointing out that if Marty had followed the advice on multiple Fire threads then this:

Not sure about Scarano, but I thought that Umile did a good job getting the most out of his players this past weekend at the Garden. Well worth my attendance both nights.
                would not have happened.
                Last edited by Darius; 03-23-2014, 03:42 PM.

Comment

You're just figuring that out now? This thread is a dozen or so collective years from an assisted living facility. I was saying thank you for pointing out that if Marty had followed the advice on multiple Fire threads then this:

would not have happened.
                  How do you know??? Providence took the Union coach and made the NCAA's. Union replaced him and didn't miss a beat. Younger coaches lately have seemed to be the way to go. Unless you are Jerry York of course. On the other UNH thread everyone seems to be happy. Okay, I get it, this team over achieved because they weren't that good. Is that now the new acceptable norm for UNH hockey? Get to the HE finals and get dismantled followed up by no NCAA's?
                  Last edited by scoreboard; 03-23-2014, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that if he wasn't the coach then Mr. Umile would not have had much impact this weekend.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that if he wasn't the coach then Mr. Umile would not have had much impact this weekend.
                      You lost me there buddy. I surmised that you were saying if it wasn't for Umile they would not have been there. I was simply stating we don't know the answer to that question.

Comment

Wow, this thread is getting interesting again, while we wait for the judicial system to play out.

I do not disagree that the revolving coaching doors at Notre Dame, Lowell, Providence, NU, Union, and even briefly Merrimack, have paid some recent dividends, and may do so for Maine and BU soon. But, as has been said many times on these threads, Maybe will leave when he decides it is time, unless he grabs one of his players by the throat and strangles him, which ain't going to happen.

Comment

I do not disagree that the revolving coaching doors at Notre Dame, Lowell, Providence, NU, Union, and even briefly Merrimack, have paid some recent dividends, and may do so for Maine and BU soon. But, as has been said many times on these threads, Maybe will leave when he decides it is time, unless he grabs one of his players by the throat and strangles him, which ain't going to happen.
                          Except for Madigan (probably a good coach, but I suspect even NU fans are embarrassed by his bench antics) and Bennett (he could be in jail for his actions this year, talk about a guy who might strangle a player, a championship isn't worth it), the coaches at those schools or coaches like them would be suitable replacements when Coach Umile decides to retire.

Comment

Except for Madigan (probably a good coach, but I suspect even NU fans are embarrassed by his bench antics) and Bennett (he could be in jail for his actions this year, talk about a guy who might strangle a player, a championship isn't worth it), the coaches at those schools or coaches like them would be suitable replacements when Coach Umile decides to retire.
                            I do not disagree about Madigan and Bennett. As has been said many times on these UNH threads, "be careful what you wish for,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              I do not disagree about Madigan and Bennett. As has been said many times on these UNH threads, "be careful what you wish for,"
                              Yes, because we have soooo many titles in our history. We must carry on our winning tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                                Yes, because we have soooo many titles in our history. We must carry on our winning tradition.
                                As with money some people place higher value on things other than winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X