Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    The Minnesota skating cheerleaders remain my fondest memory of the 2002 Frozen Four.

UMaine getting jobbed by the home team in the Finals was (a distant) second ...
    Originally posted by Felger View Post
    Fixed your post
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by zoofer View Post
      About those license plates Cloud9, I have been on that for 30 years! I am so tired of seeing the Maine booster plates on the Seacoast! I've spoken with a couple of state legislatures about this and never ever get a good answer! The latest reason was that the State House gets hundreds of requests from different organizations and they can't accommodate everyone....so when I ask why not, I get the "oh c'mon" look.....in Maine we have about 12 different plates you can choose from! Then I'm told of the disreputable organizations that would apply if they granted one to UNH....seriously! So anyway Cloud9, somehow here in NH, we can't seem to be able to do what the other 49 states can do!!!
      I've lost track of the number of UNH Hockey vanity plates I've seen and have to imagine those folks, along with a good number of alums and parents, would happily shell out $20 or so for a UNH plate. As the owner of one of those vanities myself I know I would. More money for the state, more money for the University.
      Of course, knowing UNH they'd probably **** it up by skipping out on the Cat head athletics logo and go with the NH shield instead...
      Last edited by ClOuD 9; 03-20-2014, 08:57 PM.
      "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
      Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
      NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
      EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
      AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
      1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
        I've lost track of the number of UNH Hockey vanity plates I've seen and have to imagine those folks, along with a good number of alums and parents, would happily shell out $20 or so for a UNH plate. As the owner of one of those vanities myself I know I would. More money for the state, more money for the University.
        Of course, knowing UNH they'd probably **** it up by skipping out on the Cat head athletics logo and go with the NH shield instead...
        As you note, the state's drivers are quite fond of vanity plates. It could well be that the Legislature is loath to give up that revenue for another stream that would be shared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hux View Post
          As you note, the state's drivers are quite fond of vanity plates. It could well be that the Legislature is loath to give up that revenue for another stream that would be shared.
          If offered there would be no reason to limit someone from getting both, Maine allows vanities on their Black Bear plates (see my earlier link).
          Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2

Women's Hockey
          EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Hmmmm ... wonder if our hero BS35 will be making a cameo appearance at the TD Garden tonight?

It is most DEFINITELY a "Blue Skies" moment, I'll be shocked if he's not front & center.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Hmmmm ... wonder if our hero BS35 will be making a cameo appearance at the TD Garden tonight?

It is most DEFINITELY a "Blue Skies" moment, I'll be shocked if he's not front & center.
              .....which completes my post #511, Curse of the Scarano.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                Mass has like 20 or so....
                Florida might have ever more than that.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                  If I'm not mistaken, they wouldn't necessarily be giving up revenue. There is no reason that these people couldn't have UNH plates and keep their vanity tag. The UNH plate fee would be in addition to the annual vanity fee.

For example, I have a vanity (UNH themed) veteran plate. The veteran plates were a one time fee (at the time), but the other non standard plates have an annual fee.
                  113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    Florida might have ever more than that.
                    There is even a "Choose Life" plate!
                    Last edited by ClOuD 9; 03-21-2014, 03:54 PM.
                    Men's Hockey

Women's Hockey
                    1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                      There is even a "Choose Life" plate!
                      I see someone was a fan of WHAM!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        I see someone was a fan of WHAM!
                        Ok, gotta admit, that is a STRONG post. Did you own the t-shirt???
                        Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

BS35 sighting last night on the UNH bench, approx. 10-15 minutes in between games during warm-ups.

You would have thought he was Coach Umile, with lots of similar mannerisms.

Let's see ... if a Coach Parker wanna-be is "MiniJack", then a Coach Umile wanna-be would be ...
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

BS35 sighting last night on the UNH bench, approx. 10-15 minutes in between games during warm-ups.

You would have thought he was Coach Umile, with lots of similar mannerisms.

Let's see ... if a Coach Parker wanna-be is "MiniJack", then a Coach Umile wanna-be would be ...
                            Little Richard!
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Any love, appreciation, credit for Marty after this weekend's hockey and gymnastic performances? This has been a great year for UNH athletics and it isn't over yet. One man can't be held responsible for the perceived failures and not be given credit for the multiple successes. Today is a great day to be a Wildcat!
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Not sure about Scarano, but I thought that Umile did a good job getting the most out of his players this past weekend at the Garden. Well worth my attendance both nights.

I am already looking forward to next season, hoping that TVR will be back, and wondering how many frosh will be skating on the top two lines.

Comment

Working...
                                X