UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

In 1908, there was the Curse of the Billy Goat, which the Chicago Cubs have yet to overcome. Then, in 1918, there was the Curse of the Bambino, which the Red Sox reversed in 2004. In 1959, there was the Curse of Rocky Colavito, which the Cleveland Indians have failed to resolve. So, now we have........?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Or, how about a pedestrian tunnel? Might need a sump pump, but no big deal.
      My friends father has worked at the university for somewhere around 30 years and knows a lot of what does and does not go on there. As he has explained before there will be no bridge over the tracks because Amtrak would have to allow it and the price is too steep. I believe there is the same issue with tunneling under, except that issue is power companies I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dropkicknh View Post
        My friends father has worked at the university for somewhere around 30 years and knows a lot of what does and does not go on there. As he has explained before there will be no bridge over the tracks because Amtrak would have to allow it and the price is too steep. I believe there is the same issue with tunneling under, except that issue is power companies I believe.
        Not Amtrak, but Pan Am Railways nee Boston & Maine.

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
          #1) Jumbotron
          #2) Sound system
          #3) Lighting system (really negatively effects tv games imo)
          #4) Sound panels in the ceiling. The Garden has them and it helps to keep noise in, the exposed beams really play havoc with the acoustics in the Whitt
          #5) Resurface aisles, concourse, etc

To do list after I win Powerball:
          Widen the concourse
          Extend the series of boxes at the top of the bowl behind the opposing team's bench all the way around the arena creating additional premium boxes and in effect enclosing the concourse and trapping more noise in the playing area.
          LED ribbon board around the interior of the now enclosed rink
          Lounge area(s)
          Matching set of 2nd level luxury boxes on the non-student end zone
          Balconies on the two sidelines
          Underground parking garage (accessible through the cement wall where Snively meets the Whitt)
          Foot traffic bridge to/from A Lot over the train tracks
          My request for an improved Whitt would be:
          #1 Skating Cheerleaders!
          Every bit as entertaining and a lot cheaper than a Jumbotron.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
            #1 Skating Cheerleaders!
            They'd have to be good for it to work, the only school I've seen pull this off is Minnesota. I've always been of the opinion that unless they can hack it on the ice cheerleaders just don't belong at hockey games (I'm looking at you NU & Boston College).
            "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
            Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
            NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
            EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
            AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
            1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
              #1 Skating Cheerleaders!
              The Minnesota skating cheerleaders remain my fondest memory of the 2002 Frozen Four.

UMaine losing to the home team in the Finals was (a distant) second ...
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                They'd have to be good for it to work, the only school I've seen pull this off is Minnesota. I've always been of the opinion that unless they can hack it on the ice cheerleaders just don't belong at hockey games (I'm looking at you NU & Boston College).
                As a looooooong time season ticket holder at BC, I don't ever recall seeing cheerleaders at games.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                  As a looooooong time season ticket holder at BC, I don't ever recall seeing cheerleaders at games.
                  I'm pretty sure I saw BC cheerleaders with the BC band at the Beanpot.

Having said that, I'd never seen BC do that before, so it may have been a one-off?

I didn't see either of the UNH-BC games this year (thank God) so maybe ClOuD saw it then ...
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    The Minnesota skating cheerleaders remain my fondest memory of the 2002 Frozen Four.

UMaine choking to the home team in the Finals was (a distant) second ...
                    Fixed your post
                    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Having said that, I'd never seen BC do that before, so it may have been a one-off?

I didn't see either of the UNH-BC games this year (thank God) so maybe ClOuD saw it then ...
                      It's possible it was at the Beanpot. I haven't been to the Beanpot in >10 years.
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.

Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post

Yep, they were up with the band at both of BC's Beanpot games this year.
                        "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                        Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                        NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                        EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                        AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                        1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                          Yep, they were up with the band at both of BC's Beanpot games this year.
                          But never at Kelley!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

UMaine losing to the home team in the Finals was (a distant) second ...
                            The "State of Hockey" knows how to do it right. You should see the ice sweeping women at the xCel during TV timeouts. Goodness gracious.
                            Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

About those license plates Cloud9, I have been on that for 30 years! I am so tired of seeing the Maine booster plates on the Seacoast! I've spoken with a couple of state legislatures about this and never ever get a good answer! The latest reason was that the State House gets hundreds of requests from different organizations and they can't accommodate everyone....so when I ask why not, I get the "oh c'mon" look.....in Maine we have about 12 different plates you can choose from! Then I'm told of the disreputable organizations that would apply if they granted one to UNH....seriously! So anyway Cloud9, somehow here in NH, we can't seem to be able to do what the other 49 states can do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                                About those license plates Cloud9, I have been on that for 30 years! I am so tired of seeing the Maine booster plates on the Seacoast! I've spoken with a couple of state legislatures about this and never ever get a good answer! The latest reason was that the State House gets hundreds of requests from different organizations and they can't accommodate everyone....so when I ask why not, I get the "oh c'mon" look.....in Maine we have about 12 different plates you can choose from! Then I'm told of the disreputable organizations that would apply if they granted one to UNH....seriously! So anyway Cloud9, somehow here in NH, we can't seem to be able to do what the other 49 states can do!!!
                                Mass has like 20 or so....
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X