UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    McCloskey was key in making those late 1990s - early 2000s great with his recruiting, I think.

He inherited a superb women's team from Karen Kay in 2002/03; Kay and her team won a national championship in 1997/98. McCloskey's teams went to the NCAAs from 2005/06 through 2009/2010, with FF appearances in 2006 and 2008. But, it all seemed to fall apart in 2010/11, with losing records since.
    Marty I swear was quoted as saying that Kay didn't win enough thus the reason for the coaching change then. Kay was winning at a much higher rate when compared to Brian.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Re: UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Marty I swear was quoted as saying that Kay didn't win enough thus the reason for the coaching change then. Kay was winning at a much higher rate when compared to Brian.
      Yeah, and the men's program has been slip-sliding away post-McCloskey as well. Lose-lose situation, anyone??
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Yeah, and the men's program has been slip-sliding away post-McCloskey as well. Lose-lose situation, anyone??
        Excellent point...I don't think UNH made the jump from middle of the road in Hockey East to Frozen Four level until Brian came but you guys might remember it better.

Comment

NE Hockey Journal article.
          Despite that success, 2010 seemed to signal the end of the dominance of New Hampshire women's hockey. They last made the Hockey East title game in 2009. In 2010, the lost to eventual champion Boston University 4-0 in the semifinals. The Wildcats missed the playoffs entirely in 2011, and had several players transfer to other programs, including Patty Kazmaier Award finalist Jenn Wakefield. They also saw decommitments from standout recruits, including Hannah Bramm (Minnesota Duluth) and Paige Savage (Northeastern.)

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            Yes, that is what I remember, his players quit on him, with many transferring and others changing their minds on coming to UNH. That is the time, if any, that McCloskey should have been fired. Karen Kay remains the winningest percentage hockey coach of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              You should have seen the post before I erased 80%. You know it is Christmas season and all
              Get a life. I thought that you were banned??
              UNH

Comment

Too Quiet

Comment

New UNH Logo - The View from ManchVegas

New UNH Logo - Shilling on the Seacoast

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Not sure if Chuck's reference came through but Mike Zhe of Herald/Fosters/Seacoastonline has written about the incident. I guess all the rest have joined the "sheeple".

Comment

Funny how certain folks aren't anywhere to be found when folks are asking tough questions about the sudden departure of a long-time program fixture behind the UNH bench ... but all of a sudden, said certain folks are available for any and all inquiries once the football team wins two postseason games in a row for the first time ever, and the school lands a Women's Frozen Four for 2016.

Jeez ... with the spiffy new school logo, the football team's postseason run, the talk on upgrading Cowell Stadium to the level of a D-1 HS foorball facility, and now the news about the 2016 Women's Frozen Four, I have this visual of that certain someone skipping across campus this week, smiling broadly and whistling without an apparent care in the world ...

Blue days
                      All of them gone
                      Nothing but blue skies
                      From now on

Looks like our favorite shepherd is on a run of good fortune ... standing on second, think's he's hit a double.

Comment

UNH football = a little love for Marty, right?
                        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                          UNH football = a little love for Marty, right?
                          All Sean in spite of Marty

Comment

Greg Ambrose, are we equating younger with being less informed? Your support for Scarano is weak. There can be no valid excuse for the stupidity of the press release from a supposedly intelligent person which might well have ruined a good man's life. If there's any truth to McCloskey's claims, the university owes him an apology and a job, though I don't know why he'd want the latter. The young lady in question should have been dismissed from the hockey program earlier if allegations of her attitude and behavior are accurate.
                            Last edited by Pland27; 01-08-2014, 01:21 PM. Reason: Clearer message

Comment

Here's a question. The university said: "After an investigation..." What investigation? By who? Involving who? The Dover newspaper wrote that the incident happened on a Saturday night and McCloskey was fired the following Monday. It's hard to believe that all who witnessed the "incident" were interviewed in that short time span. If the time frame is correct, it sounds like a PC Kangaroo Court to me.

Comment

I can't believe NOBODY really has challenged Scarano for the last 14 years...What has he done that has made the UNH Athletic department better?

Comment

Working...
                                X