UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
    30 years later and your training is still coming in handy.
    I hope so! Playing in a tourney (coed) way down Maine tbis weekend. SO happy the girls play at BC Friday night. WE will be there! Then I head for the north land in the early hours of the Saturday am knowing WE did the best we could, and I know that WE can be playing at the Cape!
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      In related news ... word has reached me from multiple sources that BB35 has just recently begun cracking down and restricting access to the press box at the Whittemore Center. The move appears to be targeted towards at least two people who have had the nerve to take public stances supporting Coach McCloskey, and criticizing UNH's handling of his dismissal. One of those people is a prominent media member whose name would be familiar to anyone who's followed the UNH Men's and Women's Hockey programs over the years.
      Would there be any buzz associated with this person?
      113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

With today's loss, hoop team finishes their regular season at 6-23... Marty's contention this fall, that the program is headed in the right direction, has me a little confused... Which direction is that, Marty??

Comment

Originally posted by Czarry View Post
          With today's loss, hoop team finishes their regular season at 6-23... Marty's contention this fall, that the program is headed in the right direction, has me a little confused... Which direction is that, Marty??
          Under water??
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Czarry View Post
            Oblivion? So in an epic battle, #337 beat #330 at home.
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

NU and Maine just saved Mahty's bacon this past weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                Oblivion? So in an epic battle, #337 beat #330 at home.
                Speaking of epic comparisons:

UNH Women's Hockey 2010-2014 47-77-11
                UNH Men's Basketball 2010-2014 40-77
                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                  Speaking of epic comparisons:

UNH Women's Hockey 2010-2014 47-77-11
                  UNH Men's Basketball 2010-2014 40-77
                  Huge difference...hoops plays in a terrible conference while women's hockey plays in the second best one...
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    NU and Maine just saved Mahty's bacon this past weekend.
                    Truth be told, I have to think Coach Umile might be absorbing a little less than the usual amount of "heat" than he might otherwise be absorbing (to date and/or in the upcoming offseason months), considering that his boss has turned into a virtual "human heat shield" since Coach McCloskey's dismissal. And if Coach Umile can get the team to Boston, it could be a relatively tranquil offseason for him, lounging around the "cool kids pool" with Coach MacDonnell, while BB35 and Coach Herrion spend their time in the "hot seat".

Comment

http://portsmouth-nh.patch.com/group...for-misconduct

A part-time member of the University of New Hampshire's athletic staff has been fired due to "allegations of misconduct" involving student athletes.

The university announced the move in a statement issued Monday afternoon.

The statement said the school's administration was notified about 10 days about allegations of misconduct by a part-time member of the athletic department and immediately initiated an investigation.

"The staff member was placed on administrative leave and subsequently terminated," the statement reads. "The University of New Hampshire takes any and all allegations of misconduct by a member of our community very seriously. While we cannot talk about the specifics of ongoing police investigations, UNH is cooperating fully with all law enforcement agencies."

The school did not disclose the nature of the misconduct. The university said it is providing affected students with support and has offered counseling to them.

"We will stand by them as a community and their well-being remains our top priority," the statement reads. "We have learned from the experiences of other institutions and our own."
                      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

"Blue skies.....nothing but blue skies........"
                        UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post

A part-time member of the University of New Hampshire's athletic staff has been fired due to "allegations of misconduct" involving student athletes.

The statement said the school's administration was notified about 10 days about allegations of misconduct by a part-time member of the athletic department and immediately initiated an investigation.

"The staff member was placed on administrative leave and subsequently terminated," the statement reads. "The University of New Hampshire takes any and all allegations of misconduct by a member of our community very seriously. While we cannot talk about the specifics of ongoing police investigations, UNH is cooperating fully with all law enforcement agencies."

The school did not disclose the nature of the misconduct. The university said it is providing affected students with support and has offered counseling to them.

"We will stand by them as a community and their well-being remains our top priority," the statement reads. "We have learned from the experiences of other institutions and our own."
                          Allegations and you fire the person....Interesting, as that sets up the school for wrongful termination if they are not true.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            Allegations and you fire the person....Interesting, as that sets up the school for wrongful termination if they are not true.
                            Correct me if I'm wrong but in NH you don't need a reason to fire someone. You can get fired because your boss doesn't like the color of your shirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                              Correct me if I'm wrong but in NH you don't need a reason to fire someone. You can get fired because your boss doesn't like the color of your shirt.
                              If that is true, that is crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post

The UNH Athletic Department sounds like a really *interesting* place to work nowadays.

Talk about coming to work, never knowing what to expect. Other than losing your job, of course.

Interesting to see BB35 hasn't hung the alleged perpetrator out to dry in the media (yet). Lessons learned?

Not to dismiss the allegations out of hand without having a little more info to draw conclusions with ... but is anyone else getting any modern day "Salem Witch Hunt" vibes off of this whole situation yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X