Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Originally posted by Hux View Post
    Not for women's games...because there are rarely any media in attendance..other than a long time reporter/videographer who is credentialed by the athletic department, and myself, who is not.

No big deal for me, I am only in the press box when I edit photos that are then passed on to the team's SID (as they have been for the past five seasons - home and away) for use by UNH on the web site or where ever they like. Gratis, and in most cases without credit. Ironically, the last photos of mine they used were for the Ohio State weekend.

Ohio State photos
    Serious question - did the Durham PD (or was it UNH PD) request a gander at the videographer's material from that game?
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
      Serious question - did the Durham PD (or was it UNH PD) request a gander at the videographer's material from that game?
      Why would they? What more do they need than all the well thought out scenarios and credible testimonies as viewed on this thread?
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

The game was televised on WBIN (I'm not sure what crew they use), and also videotaped for the team's use, and to send to the next opponent. I have heard from a reliable source, close to the investigation, that they pretty much went frame by frame through both videos and could not find any footage to either confirm or refute any version of the event.

I also know that the aforementioned long time reporter/videographer went over his footage as well, and didn't have anything. To quote one of the investigating detectives, "we're looking for a moment in time, what, seven seconds." Even if you were running the camera, and caught something out of the ordinary as you followed the play, what are the odds of refocusing back and catching anything.
        Last edited by DC78-82; 02-21-2014, 12:54 PM.
        "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

• Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
          The game was televised on WBIN (I'm not sure what crew they use), and also videotaped for the team's use, and to send to the next opponent. I have heard from a reliable source, close to the investigation, that they pretty much went frame by frame through both videos and could not find any footage to either confirm or refute any version of the event.

I also know that the aforementioned long time reporter/videographer went over his footage as well, and didn't have anything. To quote one of the investigating detectives, "we're looking for a moment in time, what, seven seconds." Even if you were running the camera, and caught something out of the ordinary as you followed the play, what are the odds of refocusing back and catching anything.
          Gotcha - thx.

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
            In the audio interview with Kevin Paul Dupont of the Globe linked in this thread (https://soundcloud.com/espn-new-hampshire/boston-globess-kevin-paul) Kevin says McCloskey was given a 3 year extension in the summer of '13.
            I'd strongly recommend anyone with interest in the Coach McCloskey situation listen to the above link. Actually a pretty good job by the guy from ESPN-Henniker. And Dupont gives some additional insights, some of which ClOuD 9 touches on later (below) ...

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
            This is odd to me as
            (A): There was no press release on the website (http://unhwildcats.com/sports/wice/2013-14/news)
            (B): McCloskey was pretty adamant publicly the last time he got an extension (2009? 2010?) that it would be his last.
            (C): IF the AD were looking to dump him for results related reasons why would they have given him a 3 year extension over the summer?

I can't wrap my head around this little bit of info.

EDIT: Dupont was also shown the termination letter and relays that there was no mention of prior transgressions in it, it was solely based around this one incident.
            As far as no mention on the UNH Women's Hockey website ... you *ARE* the same guy who picked up on the *disapperance* of Coach from the latest version of the UNH Women's Hockey 2013-2014 Media Guide, correct?

Just another uneventful day of revisionist history at the "Ministry of Truth" on Airstrip Four, maybe??

I also do hope those who have tried to suggest (without any supporting evidence BTW) that somehow there "must have been a prior history, or else why would UNH do this?" try to digest the two little tidbits Dupont has added today, which are:

(1) He has seen the termination letter, and it makes NO mention of any past history - only this single stand-alone event;
            (2) IF there was indeed a "history" ... why on earth would you give Coach a 3 year extension just this past summer (2013)?

More and more, the factual tidbits seem to fit the pattern of some serious "buyer's remorse" on the part of BB35, and him seizing upon this incident to try to justify a "with cause" separation to get out of a suddenly-undesirable contract. Let's say instead that Coach was at the end of his contract THIS year ... you have to wonder whether BB35 would've taken a less aggressive course, and let things play out differently, keeping things low profile, all the while knowing that he could "start fresh" the next offseason?

Just putting it out there ...
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
              It's his side of the story, his version of events. It would be kind of like when someone dressed up as Santa at the Dartmouth game just before break, and stood in the tunnel waiting for the team to take the ice between periods. I saw the video. It looked to me like Santa Claus was accosting the players - jumping at them and even swinging his arms at some of them. Some had to swerve out of the way, almost off the matting to avoid being body slammed. It's true - I saw it. One of the rink attendants literally had to pull him away. That's my story. http://youtu.be/bqntqCpIumo
              I finally had a chance to catch the "Santa greets UNH" video linked above.

"Santa" seems super excited. Probably lucky for him BB35 didn't just sign HIM to a 3 year extension.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                Not for women's games...because there are rarely any media in attendance..other than a long time reporter/videographer who is credentialed by the athletic department, and myself, who is not.

No big deal for me, I am only in the press box when I edit photos that are then passed on to the team's SID (as they have been for the past five seasons - home and away) for use by UNH on the web site or where ever they like. Gratis, and in most cases without credit. Ironically, the last photos of mine they used were for the Ohio State weekend.

Ohio State photos
                I would consider you working media...good pics btw!
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  As far as no mention on the UNH Women's Hockey website ... you *ARE* the same guy who picked up on the *disapperance* of Coach from the latest version of the UNH Women's Hockey 2013-2014 Media Guide, correct?

Just another uneventful day of revisionist history at the "Ministry of Truth" on Airstrip Four, maybe??
                  Archive.org didn't crawl it until December 7th, the day McCloskey was terminated iirc. https://web.archive.org/web/20131207064736/http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/wice/2013-14/news
                  Similarly, a Google search for terms like "Brian McCloskey" "contract extension" "2013" or "Brian McCloskey" "contract extension" "UNH" turn up nothing short of his extension from 2006 that ran through 2010.
                  Last edited by ClOuD 9; 02-21-2014, 10:32 PM.
                  "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                  Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                  NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                  EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                  AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                  1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

I also do hope those who have tried to suggest (without any supporting evidence BTW) that somehow there "must have been a prior history, or else why would UNH do this?" try to digest the two little tidbits Dupont has added today, which are:

(1) He has seen the termination letter, and it makes NO mention of any past history - only this single stand-alone event;
                    (2) IF there was indeed a "history" ... why on earth would you give Coach a 3 year extension just this past summer (2013)?
                    As far as I've seen, Chuck, NOBODY has said there MUST be a prior history. People are asking the valid question of whether this was the final in a series of events, of an isolated incident. Seems like a pretty normal question in this context.

There is a big difference between drawing firm conclusions from facts, and inferring conclusions from a combination of facts, circumstantial evidence and general opinion.

Is it not okay for people to have these questions?!?! I'm really confused. And it is only recently that the termination letter came to light. Most if not all of the valid questions about prior history were asked before this letter came to light.

Comment

As far as I've seen, Chuck, NOBODY has said there MUST be a prior history. People are asking the valid question of whether this was the final in a series of events, of an isolated incident. Seems like a pretty normal question in this context.

There is a big difference between drawing firm conclusions from facts, and inferring conclusions from a combination of facts, circumstantial evidence and general opinion.

Is it not okay for people to have these questions?!?! I'm really confused. And it is only recently that the termination letter came to light. Most if not all of the valid questions about prior history were asked before this letter came to light.
                      No need to be overly sensitive, wildcatdc. Yes, it's been a very valid question to ask. I've wondered it myself in the early stages, and as the facts have slowly trickled out, they have re-affirmed (for me at least) some of my original opinions and conclusions. It doesn't eliminate the possibility that there *might* be other as-yet undisclosed facts out there that could turn things around. But it's hard to objectively deny that the information that's come to light to date does not portray BB35's decision in a favorable light.

For what it's worth, my comments about the "prior history" folks were not aimed at you or others who have asked valid questions, but rather to those who have insinuated that there is no other explanation as to why BB35 would have fired Coach. People with no track record on these boards, who have materialized out of nowhere, claiming not to have a dog in the fight, etc. They know who they are.

Comment

No need to be overly sensitive, wildcatdc. Yes, it's been a very valid question to ask. I've wondered it myself in the early stages, and as the facts have slowly trickled out, they have re-affirmed (for me at least) some of my original opinions and conclusions. It doesn't eliminate the possibility that there *might* be other as-yet undisclosed facts out there that could turn things around. But it's hard to objectively deny that the information that's come to light to date does not portray BB35's decision in a favorable light.

For what it's worth, my comments about the "prior history" folks were not aimed at you or others who have asked valid questions, but rather to those who have insinuated that there is no other explanation as to why BB35 would have fired Coach. People with no track record on these boards, who have materialized out of nowhere, claiming not to have a dog in the fight, etc. They know who they are.
                        Gotcha. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

Comment

More *action* on the Women's D-1 thread over the weekend ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            More *action* on the Women's D-1 thread over the weekend ...

Yeah - I spent most of the weekend ducking cheapshots!
                            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

30 years later and your training is still coming in handy.
                              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Anyone else find it weird how whenever we suggest hg44 move over to this space ... nothing??

It's almost as if the poster would like to see this thread go away ...

Comment

Working...
                                X