UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
    Random thought: how is it that UNH PD were able to get the email addresses of folks that were or may have been at the game in question?
    Easy as pie: NSA.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
      Random thought: how is it that UNH PD were able to get the email addresses of folks that were or may have been at the game in question?
      Season ticket holder list, and I believe they somehow got a hold of the FOWH list as well.
      113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Didn't know where else to post this but hopefully YouTube will have it soon....Al Micheals interviewing Tretiak, about the 1980 Gold Medal game! Truly a great interview, to hear his thoughts on the game, the post celebration, his being benched.....great job Al Micheals!!

Comment

• Originally posted by zoofer View Post
          Didn't know where else to post this but hopefully YouTube will have it soon....Al Micheals interviewing Tretiak, about the 1980 Gold Medal game! Truly a great interview, to hear his thoughts on the game, the post celebration, his being benched.....great job Al Micheals!!
          Great interview. Interesting to hear the other side of the story. Tretiak seemed like a stand up guy. After all these years pretty cool.
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
            Season ticket holder list, and I believe they somehow got a hold of the FOWH list as well.
            That's been confirmed to me via multiple sources at this point. What is interesting is that one source went so far as to call the UNH AD's offices to ask if they had turned over the season ticket holder list to the authorities, which the AD's offices denied. A follow-up contact to the authorities revealed that UNH had indeed turned over both lists. It is unclear to me whether the circumstances would (should?) have required a subpoena to turn over that info as part of a criminal investigation, OR if lists were determined to be "public information"? Regardless ... why would the UNH AD's office mislead a STH/FOWH member(s) about turning the info over?

But it is pretty clear there is an investigation now underway. I'll leave it at that, and we'll see what (if anything) comes of it ...
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

If anyone's interested, another anonymous newbie (purported) "outsider" has chimed in over the last couple of days on the UNH thread in the Wonen's Hockey forum. Maybe it will be coming over here for a visit shortly ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                If anyone's interested, another anonymous newbie (purported) "outsider" has chimed in over the last couple of days on the UNH thread in the Wonen's Hockey forum. Maybe it will be coming over here for a visit shortly ...
                Nah..."said newbie" doesn't want to make himself too obvious.
                UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  Nah..."said newbie" doesn't want to make himself too obvious.
                  In that case, it has already failed dismally.

Comment

UHN &Scarano made the front page of the Globe.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      UHN &Scarano made the front page of the Globe.
                      Heated exchange puts UNH coach’s career on hold http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/02/17/unh-coach-grabs-hockey-player-during-game-gets-fired-few-seconds-game-clock-possibly-costs-mccloskey-his-career/3fM9yPNr9h9hfqcyFxQf1J/story.html
                      (thanks to NCAA Watcher, who posted the link on the women's board)
                      "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                      Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                      NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                      EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                      AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                      1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Just some random thoughts and observations taken from today's article by Kevin Paul Dupont:

* MAJOR kudos to team Captain Nicole Gifford, who went on the record with her thoughts on the entire situation;
                        * Kudos also to the unidentified teammate who backs up Coach's version, including the profanity (by both parties);
                        * Coach does not sugarcoat what he said to the player (including profanity) as part of the "altercation";
                        * Coach is 5'4" tall and 59 years old. The player in question is probably 20-ish and stands 6 ft. tall;
                        * No one from UNH would speak to Dupont as part of the article, except UNH Police Chief Paul Dean;
                        * BB35 and Erika Mantz would only respond to Dupont via e-mail, and basically provided very little/zero info.

Must be an *interesting* morning at Airstrip Four today ...

Comment

Oh man. Scarano must be having a rough day, huh? HAHA

Comment

As a complete outsider with absolutely no dog in this fight, I must say there sure seems to be something rotten in Durham.

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            * Coach does not sugarcoat what he said to the player (including profanity) as part of the "altercation";
                            * Coach is 5'4" tall and 59 years old. The player in question is probably 20-ish and stands 6 ft. tall;
                            * No one from UNH would speak to Dupont as part of the article, except UNH Police Chief Paul Dean;
                            These three items caught my attention.

First, Coach is not running from the incident. "Yeah, I did it, and this is what happened.".

Second, the size advantage (especially since she was in skates, full gear, and was holding a stick) was clearly in her favor. Plus, as the article noted, she erupted at the Coach so the adrenaline was in full force.

Lastly, the silence from those declining to comment is deafening.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                              UHN & Scarano made the front page of the Globe.
                              Imagine just how *happy* that must make President Huddleston and the rest of the trustees.

Comment

Heeeeey everyone I'm baaaaack

For those of you who don't know me, just check out my previous posts and you'll know I caused a stir earlier in the thread because I dared to say McCloskey's firing was just (GASP)

Just thought I'd chime in here really quick before you all get carried away with the Globe article today.

Ok, get ready for the real story and my input (which I know most of you won't care about, but I'll throw it in anyway just for kicks)

I'd like to say this has nothing to do with how the administration handled the situation. You guys can debate that all you want.

-First of all, I'm hearing a lot about how the "other side" won't talk (the "deafening silence"). Did it occur to anyone that they are abiding by the school's policy of not talking to the media? DUHHHHH You can debate all you want about whether or not it's the right strategy, but it is the one the school has chosen to go with and they've obviously chosen to respect it.

-Next, one highlight of the article some have chosen to focus on is the size difference between the two people and how there is no way he could have done any harm. How many of you have ever played on a sports team? (I suspect most of you.) Your coach is the authority figure, the one everyone is supposed to listen to and follow. So if your coach, an suddenly attacks you, obviously you would be a little hesitant to fight back at all. It would be like trying to fight the principle at school. So when your little 5'4" coach claims that he would be too small in comparison to do any kind of harm, keep in mind how easy it would be to hit someone who isn't trying to fight back.

-He has said that the incident only came to light because a roommate's parent complained. One, that "roommate" would have had to have been a teammate since virtually everyone on the team lives with other teammates. Also, the incident was also reported by two members of the staff who were on the bench at the time. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't informed about this although I find it unlikely that he wouldn't know. This means that more than one member of his own staff felt that it was a severe enough offense to report it to the Athletic Department.

-I find it ironic how the people who got so mad at the girl for swearing don't bat an eye to him swearing at her. But anyway.....

Annnnnnddddddd finally, for those of you who are wondering why they would so suddenly fire a coach of 20 years.

What we have here is a perfect case of "half-truth" (or maybe he's just got some reallyy selective memory). He puts a lot of details into his story and even includes himself swearing back at her. As Chuck said, "Coach does not sugarcoat what he said to the player (including profanity) as part of the "altercation" (Btw Chuck I have a lot of respect for you and your responses even though we disagree) and as Mark Eagle said "First, Coach is not running from the incident. "Yeah, I did it, and this is what happened."" That is EXACTLY the response he wants from people. It's kind of like an 'Oh, well he admitted he did this wrong so that must be all that he did.' I don't blame him though. No one wants to incriminate themselves.

HOWEVER, there are a few minorrrr details that he failed to mention. It is true that he grabbed her and pulled her down. But it doesn't end there. He then pinned her to the bench, got on top of her, grabbed her mask, shook her head(slamming the mask repeatedly into her chin), and stuck his finger in her mouth (all while screaming of course).
                                Again, they really just minor things that I'm sure he didn't think would add to the story. I mean, he is getting up there in age so maybe his memory is fading a bit.

This is also why I first made my point about the size difference.

I know that many of you will doubt my credibility (which is completely fine with me). BUT when this is all over, and the truth has come out through this police investigation, I will be back to say I told you so.

For now, I'm out of here. I'll let you all tear me apart and whatnot because that is guaranteed to happen.

There's the truth.
                                WILDCARD B****ES
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos

Comment

Working...
                                X