Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Without the students, Lake Whitt would be Morgue Whitt.
    The Whitt is Morgue Whitt, the other sections of the building are borderline comatose excluding goal celebrations. There seems to be no sense of excitement and even U-N-H chants are rarely carried by the other 3 sides of the building this year. When was the last time the crowd was on their feet for more than the last 10 seconds of a game? Saturday was a one goal game with NCAA selection and home ice/first round bye for the Hockey East tournament on the line, it would have been a great time for it. Instead folks were heading for the exits with 3 minutes left!
    Last edited by ClOuD 9; 02-10-2014, 11:01 PM.
    "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
    Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
    NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
    EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
    AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
    1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Dropkicknh View Post
      I've only been reading and have not contributed anything to this thread until today. Additionally I do not have any sources I can go to as the one person I know with any inside info on UNH hasn't heard anything on this topic yet. That being said I wanted to comment on this and just wonder aloud if this thread may have contributed indirectly to potential legal action.

It has been noted the player in question didn't immediately report and that others intervened and caused this whole mess. Between this topic being discussed so openly and the anonymous poster defending the player it seems very possible that this is all getting back to the player in question or people who may need to saves themselves or create negativity around McCloskey. This could be the player feeling pressure to try and justify the actions of reporting (after said anonymous poster told her about what's been said here) or even worse someone in the department pressuring her to press charges to try and spin the momentum in this situation in their favor (very long shot there as I feel that's a big line to cross).
      Every time I post on here, I'm assuming that everyone who has an actual or potential interest in the subject matter is reading it. You really do have to make that assumption. I can't tell you how many times over the years I've heard back directly or indirectly from the subject(s) of an ongoing discussion. In the case of this thread ... I have to assume that either the "star" of the thread (or one of his various minions) is at the very least monitoring what gets said on here ... further, the subject player from the incident itself and/or that player's friends/teammates ... and likewise Coach McCloskey's supporters and legal team are likely monitoring this as well. There is at least one poster on this thread who has very close ties to the UNH Men's Hockey program, too. It takes all kinds.

What happened to Coach McCloskey in late 2013 bothered (and continues to bother) a LOT of folks in and around the program, and how BS35 has handled things since has created further gaps and resentment in the UNH community. If the alleged "victim" and her friends are not aware of the support he is receiving in the community, and the doubt that has been cast around the events which incited the act that got Coach fired, then they are hopelessly immersed in their own little cocoon(s). If so - that's naive, and shame on them.

As far as "lines being crossed" ... I would agree that your scenario would be a HUGE line to cross IF that indeed has transpired. But some close to the situation might point out that some significant "lines" have already been crossed, whether it's the ham-handed press release after the firing, the attempt to exert influence over a volunteer organization that dared publicly disagree with the stance taken by the University, while siding with the deposed Coach, and other less-publicized actions either currently slightly on or off the radar.

Once you "cross a line", though, the next one(s) get easier, no? Wasn't Watergate less about the crime, and more about the cover-up??

Originally posted by Dropkicknh View Post
      I'm just speculating on all of this, and I am in no way saying the thread is to blame as I have found this thread to be really informational and interesting to follow. This is the type of discourse that is needed (mostly) to keep everything in check when something like this happens. I just found it odd that it took this long for a potential investigation to show up.
      I agree this discourse is very much needed. And it is extremely odd for this potential investigation to have just now shown up.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Fosters: Former UNH coach McCloskey subject of criminal probe
        http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=%2F20140211%2FGJNEWS_01%2F140219871
        The investigation began about two weeks ago when a female victim involved filed a complaint against McCloskey, he said. The complaint alleges McCloskey committed simple assault, a misdemeanor.

“It’s based on that incident,” Dean said. “A female victim came forward and made a complaint to the police department.”
        Last edited by ClOuD 9; 02-11-2014, 12:04 PM.
        Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2

Women's Hockey
        EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
        1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Just to clarify...the intervention of others is what prompted the initial complaint, "investigation," and dismissal of McCloskey. I don't know that anybody has said that the ongoing criminal investigation is due to the intervention of others, so it seems a stretch to implicate these threads on USCHO.
          113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

For those who may not already be aware ... there are some compelling posts in the UNH Women's thread, beginning on Sunday morning (there were lots of others in a preceding thread), which take somewhat opposite views of the overall situation.

Comment

Was just browsing through the 2013-2014 women's hockey media guide and noticed a certain someone was retroactively removed from the roster (page 3) and coaching staff (pages 9-11). Nothing else was updated so it reads like this season started with Wood as Associate Head Coach and Jones as Assistant Coach and no Head Coach (both have since been named interim co-head coaches). How odd.
              http://issuu.com/unhathletics/docs/whoc_guide_2014/11
              Last edited by ClOuD 9; 02-11-2014, 08:12 PM.
              Men's Hockey

Women's Hockey
              1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                Was just browsing through the 2013-2014 women's hockey media guide and noticed a certain someone was retroactively removed from the roster (page 3) and coaching staff (pages 9-11). Nothing else was updated so it reads like this season started with Wood as Associate Head Coach and Jones as Assistant Coach and no Head Coach (both have since been named interim co-head coaches). How odd.
                http://issuu.com/unhathletics/docs/whoc_guide_2014/11
                Interesting also that the page with the picture and caption of "Coaching Staff" is an odd angle that only shows Jamie and Steph. I imagine that the photo was changed, but I wonder if they had to crop one to exclude Mac, given the angle.
                113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                  Interesting also that the page with the picture and caption of "Coaching Staff" is an odd angle that only shows Jamie and Steph. I imagine that the photo was changed, but I wonder if they had to crop one to exclude Mac, given the angle.
                  Don't know about you folks, but this seems to be coming straight from the George Orwell 1984 playbook, with BS35 taking the role of Big Brother, and his minions making up the Ministry of Truth with some timely historical revisionism. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Don't know about you folks, but this seems to be coming straight from the George Orwell 1984 playbook, with BS35 taking the role of Big Brother, and his minions making up the Ministry of Truth with some timely historical revisionism. Nice.
                    "We are coached by Jamie Wood & Stephanie Jones. We've always been coached by Jamie Wood & Stephanie Jones."
                    Men's Hockey

Women's Hockey
                    1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

The Whitt is Morgue Whitt,
                      Whittemorgue is more appropriate (and obvious)

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                        Whittemorgue is more appropriate (and obvious)
                        Not a morgue, just and old person's home. Shhhhh!
                        Speaking of retirement homes, I hope Jackie Parker is beaming tonight, that he spent some of the past month away from the snow and freeze boating in warm Florida, and that retirement is so good he can't stop selling it to his friends.
                        The Souza record:
                        15-16 10th place
                        16-17 10th place
                        17-18 11th place
                        18-19 8th place
                        19-20 9th place
                        20-21 10th place
                        21-22 9th place
                        22-23 10th place

Comment

"We are coached by Jamie Wood & Stephanie Jones. We've always been coached by Jamie Wood & Stephanie Jones."
                          Spooky! Kids at my high school are reading that book right now and there's "Big Brother" reminders around the building to add to the fun. Every time I walk by one I think of this analogy. Ha!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Good catch, ClOuD 9. Perhaps BS35 = BB35? More tales of thoughtcrime from "Airstrip Four" to come, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                              Speaking of retirement homes, I hope Jackie Parker is beaming tonight, that he spent some of the past month away from the snow and freeze boating in warm Florida, and that retirement is so good he can't stop selling it to his friends.
                              Guys like 'watcher and sonar simply do not post often enough, but when they do, it's usually top-quality stuff. Like this.

Comment

• Random thought: how is it that UNH PD were able to get the email addresses of folks that were or may have been at the game in question?
                                Men's Hockey

Women's Hockey
                                1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                                X