Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

The more I hear about this.....
    I hope Scarano gets an earful the next men's hockey game but I doubt he will.
    Let me get this straight - if a player curses at a ref, she gets thrown out of the game; a player curses at her coach, and he disciplines her, he gets sacked?
    As for McC's performance being the real reason, this AD just rehired a BB coach that has not produced the W's but also is, IMO, a poor coach. Have you ever seen him at a game: How'd you like to play for someone who yells directions at the players from the opening tip to the final buzzer?
    The headline on USCHO ended at "... inappropriate physical contact." I'm wondering.... does McC have grounds for a defamation of character suit? If nothing else it might bring the publicity that would clear his name.

Comment

I agree with Jab... The issue here is not Brian McCloskey. The issue here is Marty Scarano !

Comment

How does everyone know that this is Marty's fault? Without the real details I think hanging him is unfair. Things can always be better but UNH sports have been pretty impressive given the funding.

Comment

Does Marty still wear those funny looking brown/white wingtip shoes?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat13 View Post
            How does everyone know that this is Marty's fault? Without the real details I think hanging him is unfair. Things can always be better but UNH sports have been pretty impressive given the funding.
            And maybe things would be more impressive without him... The results have not improved under his watch in any sport. Many would say they have regressed.
            Last edited by scoreboard; 12-07-2013, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
              Does Marty still wear those funny looking brown/white wingtip shoes?
              At least they weren't black/white wingtip shoes, or he'd have to get rid of them for being theoretically, half racist shoes.
              113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Not that it would make a difference but has there been any statement of support from the team for the coach?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                  Not that it would make a difference but has there been any statement of support from the team for the coach?
                  Not that I'm aware of, but I wouldn't expect to see it anyway. Too much bother, too much principle. This is Complacency U after all ...
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Another great game by Vechionne. 3 points and +3 in a big win over Quinipiac .

Comment

hoky trolling as only hoky can do

Comment

You should have seen the post before I erased 80%. You know it is Christmas season and all

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                          Another great game by Vechionne. 3 points and +3 in a big win over Quinipiac .
                          Imagine how good he would be had he joined UNH during the same period. His start date with Union was the same as UNH requested. His loss, not UNH's.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            You should have seen the post before I erased 80%. You know it is Christmas season and all
                            Let us know your favorite eggnog.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                              Imagine how good he would be had he joined UNH during the same period. His start date with Union was the same as UNH requested. His loss, not UNH's.
                              At Union vs UNH is not a loss. Clear UNH loss

Comment

McCloskey was key in making those late 1990s - early 2000s great with his recruiting, I think.

He inherited a superb women's team from Karen Kay in 2002/03; Kay and her team won a national championship in 1997/98. McCloskey's teams went to the NCAAs from 2005/06 through 2009/2010, with FF appearances in 2006 and 2008. But, it all seemed to fall apart in 2010/11, with losing records since.

Comment

Working...
                                X