Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Thanks DC.
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Exceptional post.

Item #6 in DC78-82's post reflects extremely well on Coach McCloskey and the team's leadership.

Item #9 in the same post is what happens when *somebody* (in this case BS35) has already made up their mind and doesn't want to be troubled with any of those pesky, annoying facts and details.

Draw your own conclusions, folks.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Exceptional post.

Item #6 in DC78-82's post reflects extremely well on Coach McCloskey and the team's leadership.

Item #9 in the same post is what happens when *somebody* (in this case BS35) has already made up their mind and doesn't want to be troubled with any of those pesky, annoying facts and details.

Draw your own conclusions, folks.
        I agree - an excellent post. Chuck, I am STILL witholding any conclusions until the exact facts about item #5 become public, and how the incident in item #5 (still not clearly outlined) fit within the greater context of behaviors exhibited by Coach M for which item #5 might have been the last straw.

This should absolutely NOT be interpreted as support for Marty's decision - I am simply looking for the WHOLE story, with gory details, before "drawing my own conclusion". Make sense?

Also wondering if the totality of facts/perceptions will ever come out
        Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
          I agree - an excellent post. Chuck, I am STILL witholding any conclusions until the exact facts about item #5 become public, and how the incident in item #5 (still not clearly outlined) fit within the greater context of behaviors exhibited by Coach M for which item #5 might have been the last straw.

This should absolutely NOT be interpreted as support for Marty's decision - I am simply looking for the WHOLE story, with gory details, before "drawing my own conclusion". Make sense?

I agree that we will probably never know the exact facts of this case; especially once it goes to the courts, etc. One is told to keep silent I would think in order to get their justification (money). Of course it's just a conjecture...Sure is interesting tho the comments in this great post...
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post

+1

Probably the most rational post in this thread.
            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

It's been too quiet for too long...............what's going on?

Did an article ever appear in a Boston Paper? If so, which paper and on one date? Any updates/rumors/facts will be most appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
                It's been too quiet for too long...............what's going on?

Did an article ever appear in a Boston Paper? If so, which paper and on one date?
                None that I'm aware of. I'm sure they have bigger fish to fry.

Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
                Any updates/rumors/facts will be most appreciated. Thanks.
                Not aware of anything new out there ... I think the post from DC78-82 the other day was probably the most insightful one we're likely to see, at least for the foreseeable future. When the lawyers get involved - as now appears to be the case - the flow of information tends to get restricted, unless one of the parties decides that it's to their advantage to leak things out here and there.

Sadly, I suspect the Foster's articles may have been the last public attempt we'll see to get information out there, and in that case it appears Coach McCloskey's "side" did that to counter the initial ham-handed UNH press release, which the school refused to retract or edit. My guess is that if there had been a retraction or modification issued by UNH to the original press release, you never would have seen the Foster's articles, although the final result of litigation was/is likely unavoidable regardless.

If you're looking for rumors though ... I have it on questionable veracity that someone physically resembling BS35 was seen operating a snowblower in the general vicinity of Coach McDonnell's neighborhood last week.

Comment

Wow. "Black Betty" is back. Since Scarano was the one who banned it, don't you think he approved (even suggested) its return?
                  My opinion: He's throwing us a bone to distract us. "Aren't things great at UNH? "Black Betty" is back! .... McCloskey? Who?"

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB View Post
                    Wow. "Black Betty" is back. Since Scarano was the one who banned it, don't you think he approved (even suggested) its return?
                    My opinion: He's throwing us a bone to distract us. "Aren't things great at UNH? "Black Betty" is back! .... McCloskey? Who?"
                    Ha! I was thinking the same...on another note it will be interesting to see what comes of the Union/RPI brawl last night as far as the Union coach et al fighting..we all know what would happen to one of our coaches now don't we? Not that this is the thread to discuss their issues just musing on a Sunday trying to get psyched about my 5 hr ride home from the UMaine game...
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-26-2014, 08:26 AM.
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Ha! I was thinking the same...on another note it will be interesting to see what comes of the Union/RPI brawl last night as far as the Union coach et al fighting..we all know what would happen to one of our coaches now don't we? Not that this is the thread to discuss their issues just musing on a Sunday trying to get psyched about my 5 hr ride home from the UMaine game...
                      "Drive Home Safely!" as our students chanted at the end of UNH wins at Merrimack back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB View Post
                        I have to admit, this thought crossed my mind as well, hearing it on the PA in the 2nd period (I think?).

Comment

Seacoast online letter to the editor today, says it all... Goodbye Marty... The truth is difficult to conceal...you've zippered the mouths of the entire athletic department... But not for long....the dam is just beginning to leak...

Comment

Jan. 27 — To the Editor:

One important way to assess the character of an organization is by how it treats its employees. Judging by the way the University of New Hampshire dismissed women's ice hockey head coach Brian McCloskey last month, school administrators have a lot to learn about human decency.

It would be beyond charitable to describe as amateurish the decision of administrators to release a terse and misleadingly vague three-paragraph press release late in the afternoon of Dec. 5, and then effectively disappear for a weekend in Maine with the football team. News reports were left to echo the phrase "could not be reached for comment." Cowardice is a more fitting definition of such conduct.

As a result, one of the nation's most respected hockey coaches was defamed, one of the nation's most hallowed hockey programs has been immeasurably undermined, and many loyal alumni are questioning their allegiance to a school that behaves so callously toward people who have given it so much.

It's incomprehensible that the school's leadership, which boasts of its media savvy, couldn't foresee that these would be the logical consequences of its actions. The obvious conclusion is that officials were preoccupied with, and thus blinded by, petty personal agendas. Efforts to blame one-side media coverage are ludicrous. If coverage was one-sided, it's because of the university's inept communication skills.

Since no one at UNH is allowed to utter a syllable in acknowledgment of coach McCloskey's two decades of achievement or of his unwavering support to men's and women's hockey, we, as private citizens with decades of commitment to the team, are compelled to fill the sound of silence.

Beyond the hundreds of wins, the many Hockey East regular season and tournament championships and two trips to the Frozen Four, Brian McCloskey is a man of impeccable integrity and compassion whose commitment to fellow coaches, players, boosters and fans was unmatched. He will forever have our unbridled respect and support.

He deserved to be treated better, much better, especially from a school that fashions itself a world-class university.

Deb Cunningham (player, 1978-82)

Bridget Stearns (player, 1982-85)

Donna Martineau (player, 1977-81)

Phil Kincade

Todd Huxley-Smith

Former and current board members of The Friends of UNH Women's Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              Jan. 27 — To the Editor:

One important way to assess the character of an organization is by how it treats its employees. Judging by the way the University of New Hampshire dismissed women's ice hockey head coach Brian McCloskey last month, school administrators have a lot to learn about human decency.

It would be beyond charitable to describe as amateurish the decision of administrators to release a terse and misleadingly vague three-paragraph press release late in the afternoon of Dec. 5, and then effectively disappear for a weekend in Maine with the football team. News reports were left to echo the phrase "could not be reached for comment." Cowardice is a more fitting definition of such conduct.

As a result, one of the nation's most respected hockey coaches was defamed, one of the nation's most hallowed hockey programs has been immeasurably undermined, and many loyal alumni are questioning their allegiance to a school that behaves so callously toward people who have given it so much.

It's incomprehensible that the school's leadership, which boasts of its media savvy, couldn't foresee that these would be the logical consequences of its actions. The obvious conclusion is that officials were preoccupied with, and thus blinded by, petty personal agendas. Efforts to blame one-side media coverage are ludicrous. If coverage was one-sided, it's because of the university's inept communication skills.

Since no one at UNH is allowed to utter a syllable in acknowledgment of coach McCloskey's two decades of achievement or of his unwavering support to men's and women's hockey, we, as private citizens with decades of commitment to the team, are compelled to fill the sound of silence.

Beyond the hundreds of wins, the many Hockey East regular season and tournament championships and two trips to the Frozen Four, Brian McCloskey is a man of impeccable integrity and compassion whose commitment to fellow coaches, players, boosters and fans was unmatched. He will forever have our unbridled respect and support.

He deserved to be treated better, much better, especially from a school that fashions itself a world-class university.

Deb Cunningham (player, 1978-82)

Bridget Stearns (player, 1982-85)

Donna Martineau (player, 1977-81)

Phil Kincade

Todd Huxley-Smith

Former and current board members of The Friends of UNH Women's Hockey
                              In addition to this eloquently written letter the New Hampsire has written an article www.tnhonline.com
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef
                                http://www.tnhonline.com/mobile/news/mccloskey-challenging-university-s-decision-1.3133537#.UugKCnfnbRY
                                Very interesting read. Due to the university's reticent nature on the details of what transpired, McCloskey continues to break that silence. UNH will eventually be forced to provide a counterargument — if they actually have a viable one.

Here is also a clickable link of the article:
                                http://www.tnhonline.com/news/mcclos...3537?pagereq=1

Comment

Working...
                                X