Minnesota @ Michigan State: 12/6 & 12/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota @ Michigan State: 12/6 & 12/7

Minnesota travels to East Lansing to take on the Michigan State Spartans this Friday and Saturday. The Gophers are coming off a sweep of Wisconsin at home, Michigan State is coming off a sweep of Princeton.

Friday night game is 6pm central and is on FSN plus

Saturday afternoon game is at 3pm central and is on FSN.

Go
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Re: Minnesota @ Michigan State: 12/6 & 12/7

More odd, crappy game times this week. Will Munn be as empty and slow to fill as Mariucci was? Thanks B1G.

Comment

But, the first ever Big 10 Hockey Game was on the Big 10 Network and it had huge ratings and a top notch announcing team!!!!!
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Need an arrow. Although, I don't expect this thread to be very interesting.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Serious question. Are there many Michigan State fans on this board? It'll be weird getting accustomed to the new conference and their fans.

Jan Brady? No.
          Whioux? No.
          Ski Doo jackets? No.
          Land Cows? No.
          DHG trolling? No.

I am lost.

According to GopherHockeyHistory.com the Gophers lead the all time series 103-43-12.
          http://gopherhockeyhistory.com/histo...tate&offset=-1

The Gophers spanked Sparty pretty hard last year 5-1, 7-1. I expect more of the same this weekend. Maybe 5-1, 7-2 since the games are at Munn.
          I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
          -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            More odd, crappy game times this week. Will Munn be as empty and slow to fill as Mariucci was? Thanks B1G.
            Agree whole-heartedly on the game times being crap, but I was at the game on Saturday and it did fill up pretty nicely. Obviously it was slow to fill because of the start time and the student section was understandably thin because of the holiday, but I was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere. I went in fearing the absolute worst as far as attendance.
            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              But, the first ever Big 10 Hockey Game was on the Big 10 Network and it had huge ratings and a top notch announcing team!!!!!
              I think that ESPNU broadcast was the worst hockey broadcast I have ever witnessed. It alone probably set college hockey back a decade as I'm sure any new fans who did tune in probably perished trying to endure that play-by-play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bertogliat View Post
                The Gophers spanked Sparty pretty hard last year 5-1, 7-1. I expect more of the same this weekend. Maybe 5-1, 7-2 since the games are at Munn.
                Do your remember two seasons ago when the Gophers played at Munn?
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Smoke green snort white. Can't read can't write.

Gophers sweep.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                    The Friday game is normal time... 7:00 puck-drop local time. The Saturday game time is a bit odd this week, though.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                      I think that ESPNU broadcast was the worst hockey broadcast I have ever witnessed. It alone probably set college hockey back a decade as I'm sure any new fans who did tune in probably perished trying to endure that play-by-play.
                      I thought it was quite appropriate to hear it described as the "Sharknado" of hockey broadcasts. It was so bad you were just waiting for how much worse it could get. My personal favorites were the long periods of silence from the play by play guy and of couse when he asked "Why do you pull a goalie, then put him back." Good to see them get knowledgable commentators for a historic game.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Smoke green snort white. Can't read can't write.
                        After all this time, USC's marching band still plays the same eight notes.

This ... is the on - ly song ... I know

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                          After all this time, USC's marching band still plays the same eight notes.

This ... is the on - ly song ... I know

Funny how they have the same colors as the Gophs, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                            I thought it was quite appropriate to hear it described as the "Sharknado" of hockey broadcasts. It was so bad you were just waiting for how much worse it could get. My personal favorites were the long periods of silence from the play by play guy and of couse when he asked "Why do you pull a goalie, then put him back." Good to see them get knowledgable commentators for a historic game.
                            Yeah, it was like a train wreck. It was so bad you wanted to turn away and cover your ears, but curiosity compelled you to keep watching to see just how much worse it could get. Sharknado is an awesome analogy!

Comment

Saturday is early because of the football championship. This was a 4 o'clock even before we clinched.

As for attendance? Generally it's been pretty weak at Munn while football is still going. Maybe #1 coming to town will change that. No band for Saturday either, possibly Friday too.

Our offense has been pretty non-existent outside of AIC and Princeton. The best gauge for this series might be UML, which did not end well.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                              X