Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Lawrence University 2013-2014: Carey, Carey, carry us to Placid ... And beyond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University 2013-2014: Carey, Carey, carry us to Placid ... And beyon

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    ANYBODY but Q-Pac
    Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
    ANYBODY but Q-Pac
    Where's all the love?

Anyone coming to Hamden next week?
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Re: St. Lawrence University 2013-2014: Carey, Carey, carry us to Placid ... And beyon

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
      Where's all the love?

Well, we like you. But your coach.......
      9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
      1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Where's all the love?

I am going to have to look into it Mark. For whatever reason I saw something on the SLU website that intimated we didn't have any SLU tickets and had to call Q Pac for them. Usually we can order tickets through SLU.

No comment on the love. Silence speaks volumes!!!
        SLU

Comment

Well... you have to admit he's gotten a little better over the past couple of years. And he's done a tremendous job with the program.

Originally posted by critsports View Post
          I am going to have to look into it Mark. For whatever reason I saw something on the SLU website that intimated we didn't have any SLU tickets and had to call Q Pac for them. Usually we can order tickets through SLU.
          I'm not sure what the deal is with visitor's tickets through our ticket office. It's my understanding that the remaining games are sold out but SRO is still available.

Hope you can make it... it's been a while since we've seen you're smiling face at the Bank!

No comment on the love. Silence speaks volumes!!!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Well... you have to admit he's gotten a little better over the past couple of years. And he's done a tremendous job with the program.
            Sorry, **** doesn't smell better over time! Speaking of ****, that is the word to describe our ability to keep the puck out of our net. ****ing dreadful.

Comment

Sorry, **** doesn't smell better over time! Speaking of ****, that is the word to describe our ability to keep the puck out of our net. ****ing dreadful.
              I missed getting to see Friday's game, but my guess is that tonight wasn't the same effort and attention to defense that last night's game was. I had to run out to do an errand and missed the last two RPI goals. I was on the Score thread and I saw several comments from RPI posters that "they caught the goalie sleeping!" Back to blowing a third period lead again, huh? Wish they could have played the whole game like the second period.
              SLU

Comment

I second that.
                GO SAINTS.

Comment

We lost tonight because - to be blunt - we did not get adequate goaltending. I'm sick and tired of hearing that, " Goalie Name would like that one back." Well, us goalies or wannabe goalies never get ANY of them back. There was no excuse for RPI's 2nd goal. I still can't believe that our goalie couldn't stop that one.

Well, the turnaround took an ugly U-turn tonight. I'm too frustrated to post anything else.
                  GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
                    We lost tonight because - to be blunt - we did not get adequate goaltending. I'm sick and tired of hearing that, " Goalie Name would like that one back." Well, us goalies or wannabe goalies never get ANY of them back. There was no excuse for RPI's 2nd goal. I still can't believe that our goalie couldn't stop that one.

Well, the turnaround took an ugly U-turn tonight. I'm too frustrated to post anything else.
                    SP% in the 3rd was 75%. I don't remember the 2nd goal, I didn't turn on the game until 7:03 and we were already behind 1-0, but that GW can't go in. Half the team looked like we celebrated too hard last night. Baker and Bayreuther were good, as were Dahl, Wick and Essery. Our PK looked better all weekend, but back to the same lazy coverage in our zone and making it too **** easy for the opponent to score. That was a lot like the Clarkson games except half the intensity.

As long as I have been a Saint fan I have tried really hard to not put it on one player, but the bottom line is the SP% for the game was 86% and that is not going to cut it. Only other comment is that officiating sucked.

That was a pretty disappointing response to Friday's nights effort which was solid from every position.

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                      I missed getting to see Friday's game, but my guess is that tonight wasn't the same effort and attention to defense that last night's game was. I had to run out to do an errand and missed the last two RPI goals. I was on the Score thread and I saw several comments from RPI posters that "they caught the goalie sleeping!" Back to blowing a third period lead again, huh? Wish they could have played the whole game like the second period.
                      Honestly, I would think your team should have felt true worry if you DIDN'T take an advantage in the second period. But hey, it was nice to visit your campus again. I especially enjoyed the one lady with a sense of humor throwing me a white-out shirt.

Comment

SP% in the 3rd was 75%. I don't remember the 2nd goal, I didn't turn on the game until 7:03 and we were already behind 1-0, but that GW can't go in. Half the team looked like we celebrated too hard last night. Baker and Bayreuther were good, as were Dahl, Wick and Essery. Our PK looked better all weekend, but back to the same lazy coverage in our zone and making it too **** easy for the opponent to score. That was a lot like the Clarkson games except half the intensity.

As long as I have been a Saint fan I have tried really hard to not put it on one player, but the bottom line is the SP% for the game was 86% and that is not going to cut it. Only other comment is that officiating sucked.

That was a pretty disappointing response to Friday's nights effort which was solid from every position.
                        I've also tried over the years to not put it on one player, because it is a team game and posting something here about one player instead of speaking to that player is just plain lame and gutless on my part. Old farts like me can still learn lessons, and the lesson learned last night is that I should wait at least overnight before posting my thoughts on any games. FWIW, I limit social media to hockey message boards (here, Clarkson RT on occasion) and the use of FB. And, I don't know, or ever want to learn, how to text. Point is, posting on a message board is not normally my thing, but my passion for SLU hockey takes over and the posts follow.

Bottom line here is that I live and die with SLU hockey as do the die-hard fans who also post here. Combine that with me being ultra-competitive, a very sore loser (e.g., I'm still major ******ed about a certain "loss" in '88), and the ease with which thoughts can be posted without direct conversations - is a recipe for me doing stupid things. My unfair rant last night was a direct result of those facts. Don't know the extent of which coaches, players, and families of players read posts here, but I owe all of you a big apology for some of my posts this season.

If Matt reads these posts, I want to apologize here to you. There's no player that's played for SLU over the years that I respect and admire more than you. Your many contributions to the program have not gone unnoticed. SLU records for games played, minutes played, and saves made are very impressive. And, you've stolen quite a few games - the playoff game at Princeton your first year and the win at then-#1 Q-Pac last season really stand out. If my fading memory is correct, you stopped 47 shots in both of those games. Again, that's very impressive. Lastly, you are a Dad and doing the most important thing that anybody can ever do - raising a family. You represent everything that makes SLU hockey so special. And, you/the team deserve more positive support from me.

Last, my reference to "wannabe goalies" was me poking fun at myself. On my best day, I had about 1/100th the talent and skill level that Matt has, probably more like 1/500th.

Embarrassed I am,
                        Brian M. Henry
                        SLU '76
                        Last edited by Muskieman; 02-02-2014, 10:19 AM.
                        GO SAINTS.

Comment

SLU got another commitment. Bailey Conger from Cushing Prep. He is two years away, but looks like a great pickup. Here is one article about him.

http://www.youth1.com/index.php/hock...t-to-the-point

Comment

SLU got another commitment. Bailey Conger from Cushing Prep. He is two years away, but looks like a great pickup. Here is one article about him.

http://www.youth1.com/index.php/hock...t-to-the-point
                            Date on the article is 2012 and it says he's 14 years old. When's the last time SLU signed a 16-year-old? I'm thinking there must have been a few in recent memory . . . I don't even want to tell you the only name I could come up with because it was a loooong time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                              Date on the article is 2012 and it says he's 14 years old. When's the last time SLU signed a 16-year-old? I'm thinking there must have been a few in recent memory . . . I don't even want to tell you the only name I could come up with because it was a loooong time ago.
                              Well, this is at least the 2nd one this year since they also got a commitment from Carson Gicewicz who is a 97. Not sure who you were thinking of? Conger continues to put up very good numbers at Cushing which is a top program. He is a good student as well from the looks of it. This looks to be low risk. Maine just committed an 8th grader so at least we aren't hitting the maternity wards quite yet.

Comment

Well, this is at least the 2nd one this year since they also got a commitment from Carson Gicewicz who is a 97. Not sure who you were thinking of? Conger continues to put up very good numbers at Cushing which is a top program. He is a good student as well from the looks of it. This looks to be low risk. Maine just committed an 8th grader so at least we aren't hitting the maternity wards quite yet.
                                Paul Castron.

Comment

Working...
                                X