Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Lawrence University 2013-2014: Carey, Carey, carry us to Placid ... And beyond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University 2013-2014: Carey, Carey, carry us to Placid ... And beyon

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    Looking forward to playing you guys on Saturday and seeing the Carey Bros. Always great games when we play SLU. Please take out Ithaca State on Friday; we need to keep some distance between us in the standings
    Hey now, be accurate. The accepted term is "SUNY Ithaca."
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: St. Lawrence University 2013-2014: Carey, Carey, carry us to Placid ... And beyon

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
      For my part I hope you are woefully unsuccessful at shutting down either Carey
      It could happen. The way we finally figured out how to stop Backman, Little, O'Neill and Miller was to wait for them to graduate. I am VERY curious to see who Schafer puts out there to counter them. Typically we match first line to first line, but this time we may put on defensive forwards and just try to hang on baby 50 seconds at a time.

From your description SLU sounds like us last year: nice start, then a period of inexplicable inconsistency and a goal shortage. Unfortunately, that wound up in freefall with us losing 10 of 11 league games. In retrospect that seems impossible -- it was essentially the same team as the one that's on the cusp of the top 10 this year -- but teams definitely go through periods when nothing is working. I hope you guys pull out of yours... Saturday.
      Last edited by Kepler; 01-23-2014, 12:44 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Congrats to Joe Marsh on winning the John MacInnes award! http://www.ahcahockey.com/news/1314/0123awa.php
        SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          Just a note, Good luck to you guys this weekend(Friday especially) beat Cornell please. I know what you guys are going through, been there bein a Gate fan. Who's coming to Starr Saturday night(Muskie etc Crit) please say Hi if you're in section #9. I'm top row in section 9, black coat and moustache.
          Wish I could make it but have another commitment that day. Enjoy the game, and thanks for thinking of us.
          GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
            Congrats to Joe Marsh on winning the John MacInnes award! http://www.ahcahockey.com/news/1314/0123awa.php
            Tayt, thanks for sharing. As promised to you by phone, yours and my congratulations have been shared. This news made my day......this award couldn't have happened to/for a better person.
            GO SAINTS.

Comment

Please excuse me if this post is a bit too sentimental. January has not been a good month for me personally. Was unexpectedly laid off from my p/t job on the 3rd and, given my age (Oops, can I say that?), was likely forced into full retirement but not on my terms. And, the weather has been too cold (even for me, and that means VERY cold) and the Saints have struggled. My posts on this forum of late re the Saints' struggles have been far too negative, and I need to put things into better perspective.

Then, today comes along, and Tayt calls with some great news. Among his news is the Award that Joe was/will be awarded. Then, I call Joe to congratulate him on behalf of me and others/Tayt and he responds, "for what?" We only talk for less than a minute but Joe once again demonstrates to me what being humble, and keeping things in better/proper perspective, mean. I also had great conversations with Pat and Tayt on Fri. night, and with Mike on Sat.

My point here is that SLU has gone 2-10-0 in its last ten games, but that's not what really matters when I put things into better/proper perspective. The untold number of friendships I've developed over the years with those mentioned here, with other fans (and not just SLU fans - see, e.g., JoeCCT, VicB, MarKEagleUSA, SShablak, to name just a few), coaches and staff, players, and parents of players, are part of what keeps me positive during the tough times.

I am VERY grateful to all of you, will be a proud SLU and college hockey fan for life, and thank every single one of you.
              Last edited by Muskieman; 01-23-2014, 10:13 PM.
              GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
                My point here is that SLU has gone 2-10-0 in its last ten games, .....
                There is a first I bet you . Cheer up Muskie.
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Just a note, Good luck to you guys this weekend(Friday especially) beat Cornell please. I know what you guys are going through, been there bein a Gate fan. Who's coming to Starr Saturday night(Muskie etc Crit) please say Hi if you're in section #9. I'm top row in section 9, black coat and moustache.
                  Wish I was going to be there but not this time. It will be tough in this weather....that dang building will likely be colder inside, than the temps outside!!!! One of these years we will get to meet!!
                  SLU

Comment

Sorry you guys can't make it to the games. I know you're just like me and as our teams go, so goes how we get thru the winter months. Sometimes I think, Shab, get a life, it's just a college hockey team. The honest fact is, we are lucky fans to have such a passion for the game, and our beloved teams. Gate is on a mini roll and I wake up every am hoping to talk hockey here and look at stats etc passing the time away waiting for Friday night. It's been this way for fifty years, many ups and downs(more downs) but we're so lucky to love this game so much. There is nothing like the feeing of playoff hockey, so intense, to make Lake Placid to me, is my barometer of having a great season. You guys are having a rough season but it can all change overnight with a few wins, I know because that's where I am right now. Hang in there thru these tough times, everything runs in curves, it can't get any worse, only better. Conversely, I hope the wheels don't fall off on Gate, but chit happens. Now beat Cornell, Saturday night I can't say anything, but I can't wait for tonight. Guess I got caught up in the emotion here.
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Game notes are up for this weekend: http://www.saintsathletics.com/custo...ay%20notes.pdf
                      SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                        There is a first I bet you . Cheer up Muskie.
                        I'm fine. No wonder I got canned --- can't add 2 + 10 properly. LOL.
                        GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
                          I'm fine. No wonder I got canned --- can't add 2 + 10 properly. LOL.
                          Then how the hell did you graduate from SLU Brian? Every SLU freshmen knows that is a 12-Pack.........of Fresca!
                          9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                          1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Sorry you guys can't make it to the games. I know you're just like me and as our teams go, so goes how we get thru the winter months. Sometimes I think, Shab, get a life, it's just a college hockey team. The honest fact is, we are lucky fans to have such a passion for the game, and our beloved teams. Gate is on a mini roll and I wake up every am hoping to talk hockey here and look at stats etc passing the time away waiting for Friday night. It's been this way for fifty years, many ups and downs(more downs) but we're so lucky to love this game so much. There is nothing like the feeing of playoff hockey, so intense, to make Lake Placid to me, is my barometer of having a great season. You guys are having a rough season but it can all change overnight with a few wins, I know because that's where I am right now. Hang in there thru these tough times, everything runs in curves, it can't get any worse, only better. Conversely, I hope the wheels don't fall off on Gate, but chit happens. Now beat Cornell, Saturday night I can't say anything, but I can't wait for tonight. Guess I got caught up in the emotion here.
                            Well said Shabby! We all share the same passion. If we didn't, none of us would be here.

I, too, wish SLU the best of luck the rest of the way, except for two games in particular...
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                            Northeast Regional:
                            West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Ditto that.
                              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Well done Wenny, way to claw back into it boys. Happy to grab a point tonight. What's Matt C's status for tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X