Saint Anselm College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saint Anselm College

I just spoke with the head of athletics at St A's and it appears optimistic that the hockey team may go division 1 in the near term.

Re: Saint Anselm College

Do you know when a decision will be made?

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier4Life12 View Post
      I just spoke with the head of athletics at St A's and it appears optimistic that the hockey team may go division 1 in the near term.
      The last AD that said St. A 's that was pushing for the DI option is no longer working at the college. He was the only proponent for that idea.
      The current AD is interim and has no input in the decision.
      The president is on record that DI is off the table.
      So I guess your your " source" is a little suspect.
      So at best your

Comment

It's not happening. If anything, they will reclassify to D3.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer6 View Post
          It's not happening. If anything, they will reclassify to D3.
          4 year waiting period to be eligible.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

i not sure but i believe if you go d1 in one sport,you have to go d1 in all your sports--that's a much more expensive situation.

Comment

I think since there is no D2 championship St. A's could go D1 in hockey only without having to move up their other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
                I think since there is no D2 championship St. A's could go D1 in hockey only without having to move up their other sports.
                They can't move up to D1. But they can declare they want to play in the big sandbox (in effect for at least 2 yrs).
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I forgot how the actual rule went, thanks for correcting me Joe. I don't understand the theory behind being able to play play for the D1 title but not be an actual D1 team, what chance would you really have?

Comment

I forgot how the actual rule went, thanks for correcting me Joe. I don't understand the theory behind being able to play play for the D1 title but not be an actual D1 team, what chance would you really have?
                    Clarkson and St Lawrence are DIII schools... They hold their own.... But of course they can award scholarships.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      Clarkson and St Lawrence are DIII schools... They hold their own.... But of course they can award scholarships.
                      RIT and Union both went to the Frozen Four without awarding athletic scholarships.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        RIT and Union both went to the Frozen Four without awarding athletic scholarships.
                        this may have been asked and answered previously, but why didn't Norwich move to DI when there was an opportunity to move up in one sport ?

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Aren't all of the Ivy League schools non-athletic scholarships as well?
                          2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                          2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                          2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                          2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

I am under the impression that the DII teams wouldn't be playing a lot of D1 competition. Union and RIT etc. are play-ups that don't award scholarships but they play in D1 leagues against good competition. My understanding is St. A's would be playing D2 and D3 schools and somehow hoping their resume was good enough to get them in the D1 tournament. I don't know that the hope of maybe playing in the D1 tournament would be enough to bring in the talent that is required to win a National title there. Look at St. A's now, they really have nothing to play for and it shows in the talent level they have which isn't bad but not great either. If they were to be allowed to drop down to D3 and compete for a title I think that would change the level of talent they brought in considerably.

Comment

I am under the impression that the DII teams wouldn't be playing a lot of D1 competition. Union and RIT etc. are play-ups that don't award scholarships but they play in D1 leagues against good competition. My understanding is St. A's would be playing D2 and D3 schools and somehow hoping their resume was good enough to get them in the D1 tournament. I don't know that the hope of maybe playing in the D1 tournament would be enough to bring in the talent that is required to win a National title there. Look at St. A's now, they really have nothing to play for and it shows in the talent level they have which isn't bad but not great either. If they were to be allowed to drop down to D3 and compete for a title I think that would change the level of talent they brought in considerably.
                              DII schools, since there is no DII championship are permitted to utilize DII scholarship rules and opt to play for the DI championship. As such, they could (if accepted) join a DI conference and compete on an equal basis. There is, lot of expense involved in running a DI program even if you don't award scholarships. When RIT made the last possible exit from DIII hockey to DI they weren't allowed scholarships, but their budgets took a big hike. Facilities, coaching staffs, equipment, travel, recruiting etc. all cost a lot more in DI.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X