Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTU @ UA_ - Wait... We Aren't North Enough Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTU @ UA_ - Wait... We Aren't North Enough Yet?

Disappointing weekend at the better (fight!) Alaska school. Need some wins on the road trip... Looking forward to another barn and making some noise!
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
    better (fight!) Alaska school.
    That's not very nice.

Or accurate.

Here's to hoping Tech stays winless on the road. We are 1-3 in our last 4...need some better mojo before playing the heathens from Skanchorage in their barn.

Hopefully all the Tech fans enjoy themselves in Fairbanks. Go to the Turtle Club and have a nice prime rib.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      That's not very nice.

Or accurate.
      Oh it's accurate!

It'll be interesting to see how Tech does considering they don't have to travel and they're getting practice time this week on an Olympic sheet.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

It'll be interesting to see how Tech does considering they don't have to travel and they're getting practice time this week on an Olympic sheet.
        This does concern me. If anything, they will be more acclimated than our guys. Plus they have a North Pole kid (Copley), so that usually adds some motivation.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Re: MTU @ UA_ - Wait... We Aren't North Enough Yet?

This is going to be a battle of two frustrated and underperforming teams. We have looked pretty good at times and pretty bad at others…often on the same shift. We are a fairly fast team but our defense has frequent lapses. Goaltending has been adequate but I don’t think we have a go to guy yet. The Nooks should feel like they have something to prove, and there is no better time to start than home on the big ice. We have the pieces for a decent team, we just need to get it together. We play hard but seldom with a sense of urgency unless we are three goals down. So I’m not sure if I want you to see us play with a sense of urgency this weekend or not.

Here’s a quick excel snip of info. Not my numbers, so I won’t take it personally if you trash them…but I won’t go to the trouble of changing them either.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Go Nooks!

Comment

Turtle Club is a dive and way over priced.
            It figures that some _AF fan would send you there.
            Do have a beer at Silver Gulch across the street.
            That's not very nice.

Or accurate.

Here's to hoping Tech stays winless on the road. We are 1-3 in our last 4...need some better mojo before playing the heathens from Skanchorage in their barn.

Hopefully all the Tech fans enjoy themselves in Fairbanks. Go to the Turtle Club and have a nice prime rib.

Comment

Per capita income in Houghton is 15 grand? Ouch.

Originally posted by mmf View Post
              This is going to be a battle of two frustrated and underperforming teams. We have looked pretty good at times and pretty bad at others…often on the same shift. We are a fairly fast team but our defense has frequent lapses. Goaltending has been adequate but I don’t think we have a go to guy yet. The Nooks should feel like they have something to prove, and there is no better time to start than home on the big ice. We have the pieces for a decent team, we just need to get it together. We play hard but seldom with a sense of urgency unless we are three goals down. So I’m not sure if I want you to see us play with a sense of urgency this weekend or not.

Here’s a quick excel snip of info. Not my numbers, so I won’t take it personally if you trash them…but I won’t go to the trouble of changing them either.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                Turtle Club is a dive and way over priced.
                It figures that some _AF fan would send you there.
                Do have a beer at Silver Gulch across the street.
                Edited. I'll wait until next week to be a dick to the Seawolves.

And go check out HooDoo Brewing as well.
                Last edited by Squarebanks; 11-26-2013, 12:49 AM.

Comment

This is going to be a battle of two frustrated and underperforming teams. We have looked pretty good at times and pretty bad at others…often on the same shift. We are a fairly fast team but our defense has frequent lapses. Goaltending has been adequate but I don’t think we have a go to guy yet.
                  Sounds like you were talking about Tech.

Here’s a quick excel snip of info. Not my numbers, so I won’t take it personally if you trash them…
                  This is kind of fascinating. They'd pretty much be mirrors if you compared Fairbanks to Houghton Co. at large.
                  Per capita income in Houghton is 15 grand? Ouch.
                  Houghton proper is more or less just the 7000 Tech students. The professionals live in the surrounding townships. (See above, sq. miles, population, etc.)
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Edited. I'll wait until next week to be a dick to the Seawolves.
                    I'll never wait a week to be a dick to the Nanooks.

And go check out HooDoo Brewing as well.
                    But for you Mich Tech fans I suggest go out half way towards Nenana and check out Skinny Dick's Halfway Inn, grab a t shirt that nobody will have in Houghton.Also if want Mexican for lunch check out Taco King they started in Anchorage But they had a few employees that sucked so they opened Taco King in _airbanks and sent them there to try and fit in…… Everybody loves them.
                    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 11-26-2013, 04:10 AM.
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Subscribe
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        I'll never wait a week to be a dick to the Nanooks.
                        That's because we own about 80% of the real estate in your dome.

But for you Mich Tech fans I suggest go out half way towards Nenana and check out Skinny Dick's Halfway Inn, grab a t shirt that nobody will have in Houghton.Also if want Mexican for lunch check out Taco King they started in Anchorage But they had a few employees that sucked so they opened Taco King in _airbanks and sent them there to try and fit in…… Everybody loves them.
                        Skinny's? Based on your brethren I thought we weren't supposed to recommend dives.

Comment

Skinny's? Based on your brethren I thought we weren't supposed to recommend dives.
                          Dive or not, it is entirely appropriate to stop and get a T-shirt.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Dive or not, it is entirely appropriate to stop and get a T-shirt.
                            Or a coffee mug. Or a pint glass. Or a remote control fart machine.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post

Houghton proper is more or less just the 7000 Tech students. The professionals live in the surrounding townships. (See above, sq. miles, population, etc.)
                              Makes sense. mmf's numbers are for the Fairbanks North Star Borough, not just the actual city of Fairbanks. Most of the population lives outside city limits.

Comment

Working...
                              X