RPI @ Mercyhurst 11/23/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Mercyhurst 11/23/2013

Maybe the RPI team that scored 30 goals in 5 Saturday night games to start the season will be the one that shows up for this one. Need to bounce back from Friday night's loss.

Re: RPI @ Mercyhurst 11/23/2013

2013-14
    Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    Ralph Baer         3- 2- 1  7 points  .583
    burgie12           1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    REDRocket          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    GRussinko          1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    fr joe             1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    engineerhockeyfan  0- 0- 1  1 point   .500

Cumulative 2003-04 - 2013-14 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    Ralph Baer        37-34-12 86 points  .518
    fr joe            36-40- 9 81 points  .476
    engineerhockeyfan 16-21- 5 37 points  .440
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    hockeyhound       11-14- 1 23 points  .442
    GRussinko         10-15- 2 22 points  .407
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
    DrDemento          4-15- 3 11 points  .250
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    burgie12           4- 2- 0  8 points  .667
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    jericho            3- 7- 0  6 points  .300
    REDRocket          2- 3- 0  4 points  .400
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI92              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/Alma%20Mater.mp3
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-08-2014, 05:34 AM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not a great performance last night, but there seemed to be a number of upsets, so maybe we can chalk it up to sun spots or a full moon.
      I thought that this team had finally figured it out against Sacred Heart and Dartmouth. You play the teams you are supposed to beat with a vengeance. And you put them away early.
      People will say that we were missing Haggerty and that SA said that we were banged up, but that is not an excuse against Mercyhurst.
      I will not be here tonight. Might be able to catch the last few minutes of the game.
      We need to get this straightened out now. I know that a lot of people want to blame the coach for this, but I am beginning to think that the player we miss most from last year is CJ Lee.
      We have come out ready to play in almost every game this year, and it is up to the coaches to see to that. But we can't sustain it, and that is on the players and the leadership on the ice.
      I can only hope that they find the answer soon.

lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        Not a great performance last night, but there seemed to be a number of upsets, so maybe we can chalk it up to sun spots or a full moon.
        I thought that this team had finally figured it out against Sacred Heart and Dartmouth. You play the teams you are supposed to beat with a vengeance. And you put them away early.
        People will say that we were missing Haggerty and that SA said that we were banged up, but that is not an excuse against Mercyhurst.
        I will not be here tonight. Might be able to catch the last few minutes of the game.
        We need to get this straightened out now. I know that a lot of people want to blame the coach for this, but I am beginning to think that the player we miss most from last year is CJ Lee.
        We have come out ready to play in almost every game this year, and it is up to the coaches to see to that. But we can't sustain it, and that is on the players and the leadership on the ice.
        I can only hope that they find the answer soon.

lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I do not know what we are missing-but whatever itis, it certainly is time that we have no more excuses. It is time that we do not need to bounce back. it is time that we should not have to figure out why the night before was disappointing. This far into the season is now put up or shut up time. Tonight, go out and take charge immediately-keep the pedal to the metal for the entire time-if hit and take hits and if you take a penalty that was necessary, so be it. If we can not do that-then we are indeed a middle of the pack team once again. Go Red!!!
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          I do not know what we are missing-but whatever itis, it certainly is time that we have no more excuses. It is time that we do not need to bounce back. it is time that we should not have to figure out why the night before was disappointing. This far into the season is now put up or shut up time. Tonight, go out and take charge immediately-keep the pedal to the metal for the entire time-if hit and take hits and if you take a penalty that was necessary, so be it. If we can not do that-then we are indeed a middle of the pack team once again. Go Red!!!
          Absolutely, Doc. Let's stop looking back at the past 3 games and look ahead to what we should be doing. The past is the past and there's nothing that we can do about that. Maybe it's time to shake things up, adjust the lines, bench players who are not contributing, and most important of all... Hustle!!
          Will be out tonight so I won't be posting until maybe the end of the game. Go Red, Go White!

Comment

I just want to say, now that FlagDUDE earned himself a one way ticket to the ignore list, this thread is going to be so much better without the game resets.
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

I woke up at 6:00 this morning and said to myself, "I'm going to turn on my computer and see if I can start today's score thread."

Of course, I was already more than five hours too late, reminding me that, as an RPI fan, I am a member of the college hockey community that never sleeps.

Anyway, I'm optimistic about tonight's game. I have faith in our coach and our players. I expect that, now that our guys have had time to shake off the effects of that lo-o-ong bus ride to Erie, they'll be ready to come out smoking and keep giving their best for a full 60 minutes.

And if they do all that, I can wake up tomorrow morning knowing that, finally, it will no longer be true that RPI has not won a hockey game in the state where I live since I moved here in 1971.

And if they don't, it's going to be a REALLY lo-o-ong bus ride back to Troy.
              Last edited by Waite21; 11-23-2013, 01:27 PM. Reason: underline key doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

And if they do all that, I can wake up tomorrow morning knowing that, finally, it will no longer be true that RPI has not won a hockey game in the state where I live since I moved here in 1971.
                1966. They haven't played there since 1972, before last night.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

A few changes to the lineup...Haggs is back....Bok N 4 in....McGowan out... again, clik the starting time of RPI @ Mercyhurst for lineup in the scoreboard http://collegehockeyinc.com/
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    A few changes to the lineup...Haggs is back....Bok N 4 in....McGowan out... again, clik the starting time of RPI @ Mercyhurst for lineup in the scoreboard http://collegehockeyinc.com/
                    7 D.... 11 F's.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Reno is out, in case anyone was wondering who Bokenfohr is replacing. Glad to see him back in the lineup, and can't wait to see him show why he's earned his spot.

Comment

7 D.... 11 F's.
                        I only count 6 D.

Comment

assumingstarters are in bold....Beef & Leonard......Haggs/Higgs/Neal

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            I only count 6 D.
                            did you count Bradley?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              I only count 6 D.
                              Count again
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                              X