• Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech at UAA: Or, How I Learn To Stop Worrying And Love The Ponies

And discuss.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Re: Michigan Tech at UAA: Or, How I Learn To Stop Worrying And Love The Ponies

I always like this weekend
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

The Seawolves are undefeated at home, including beating the #4 team in the nation (and the only team to have beat Quinnipiac, by the way). I think we get at least 3 points out of the weekend. Hoping for 4 of course! The guys should be raring to go!! And I'll say it again, hoping to see Kamal in net one night.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Subscribed
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Subscribed

I sense your excitement.

UAA's home record is pretty good and four points is a possibility but, it's going to be tough to do that as Tech is a good team. I hope Gundy starts in net on Friday, he seems better right now IMO.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Flying up on Thursday. Can't wait to see two new arenas. (And Alaska of course)

Hoping we can finally figure out this road thing...
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

The main concern for Tech is that, while they've played solid hockey on the road (save for the one game at NMU), they have yet to actually win on the road. Factor that in with the travel and the new winning mentality up in Anchorage, and this could be a long weekend for us.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                The main concern for Tech is that, while they've played solid hockey on the road (save for the one game at NMU), they have yet to actually win on the road. Factor that in with the travel and the new winning mentality up in Anchorage, and this could be a long weekend for us.
                Quit sandbagging!
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post

Very nice! I hope it warms up for your visit.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    Very nice! I hope it warms up for your visit.
                    We don't mind the cold. Anchorage looks fine... But ****, Fairbanks looks a different type of cold.
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Tech sweeps
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

A good place to meet some of the regular fans would be at our coach Chalk Talk at 6:15pm Friday northeast corner of the Sully.
                        and I hope I didn't offend any of our Seawolf fans by this post
                        I know I'd enjoy meeting you folks

Comment

We don't mind the cold. Anchorage looks fine... But ****, Fairbanks looks a different type of cold.
                          ...but it's a dry cold!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Tech sweeps
                            Because it is so much easier when I have low expectations, I'm expecting an Anchorage sweep.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I have no expectations. Tech certainly has what it takes to sweep, they could definitely get swept, or something in-between.

Comment

Working...
                              X