No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech at UAA: Or, How I Learn To Stop Worrying And Love The Ponies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech at UAA: Or, How I Learn To Stop Worrying And Love The Ponies

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Would like to point out that Gundy is ranked 16th in the nation with his GAA.

UAA has the 9th ranked Power Play.

:shocked:
    While I applaud the boys for the pretty darn good play soo far, we'll see just how good our team is in the next four weekends: at Minnesota State, UA_ at home, Lake Superior State at home, (at BUCKY-why the eff did we schedule this???), and Minnesota State at home. That stretch ain't no cupcake like we've had since starting WCHA play (minus Bowling Green). Were plus .500 and playing solid, here's to us keeping that up.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Just some stat watching:

Jordan Kwas needs two more assists for a career total of 50: 21-48-69
      Matt Bailey is three points behind him for team career total: 34-22-66
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
        Hey now. First of all... our weather was uniquely crappy last night with a warm air inversion causing freezing rain conditions throughout southcentral Alaska. With all the media and news alerts, it was amazing that 2,333 people still made their way over there.

And unless the WCHA is wrong, your box score from your last Friday night game (without I'm assuming a severe travel advisory) shows attendance at 2672. So with (presumably?) decent road conditions.. you guys only had 339 more people in attendance than on our night of ditch diving/freezing rain/ucky arse weather.

Plus.. if I'm not mistaken, you guys don't share your arena with another (highly popular, winning) hockey team, or do you? Last Saturday if you were at the Sully, there wasn't one of those butt ugly yellow, orange or red seats that were empty for the Alaska Aces. Standing room only. Look up at the banner wall while you're in there and you'll see why the Aces pack em in.

We'll eventually get back to the days when the Seawolves packed the place just like the Aces do! Maybe not when the roads are iced over due to a freak weather event.. but we WILL get there!
        Wasn't meant to be insulting, just a comment on the arena itself. The Mac is certainly a smaller venue and the atmosphere is a bit different with the same numbers. Houghton and anchorage are bit different in size as well

I'm also quite impressed I'm posting this from Whittier tunnel waiting area...

Been a day of amazing views!
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          So I don't think UAA played well last night, I don't know what others think. We only went 1 for 5 on the PP, got outshot, and Tech pretty well contained our top line. Thankfully we got scoring from elsewhere.
          I agree that the UAA didn't look very good. This team has got to learn how to keep pressuring for a full 60 minutes of hockey. Gundy is the only reason they got away with it last night and that's not always going to work. I'm happy for the win but the outcome could have easily been different

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
            The roads and sidewalks were something special last night... 4 falls in our walk from the hotel to humpy's... That stuff was crazy.
            You're supposed to fall down after Humpy's, not before.

Yesterday was a real peach, even by Anchorage's lofty standards of crappy weather.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post

Ah, but why maintain the Sully when there are tennis courts to be built? The Alaska Club is actually closing down one of their largest tennis courts because it's losing money and they offered to sell or rent it to the current mayor/former tennis coach, but no deal.. He'd prefer his brand-spankin new $7+ million dollar courts. I read that someone stacked the assembly meeting last week with tennis nerds who showed up to speak about the need for tennis courts.. but no one showed up to talk about hockey facilities. Or at least that's what I read.. In addition to the hockey community, you'd think someone from the Alaska Club would show up to speak..
              I've testified against the tennis facility twice since it came up. I've also spoken with several Assembly members who are troubled with how the Mayor pushed this money through without conferring with the Assembly and because of the constantly changing price tag. This is the Mayor's latest sneaky, two-faced attempt at local politics. Everybody needs to be contacting their Assemblymembers so that this money can go towards something beneficial, like improving our existing facilities or improving a current facility in another part of town that is cheaper than the proposed new facility even with the marked up price now being offered. If the Mayor isn't willing to allow basic maintenance on a facility bearing his name, than we certainly don't need to build a new one just to see it get destroyed in a similar fashion.

Contact your Assemblymembers (even you Suze, as a member of the hockey community) and show support for our current facilities that could greatly benefit from the funds!

Comment

I'm posting this from Whittier tunnel waiting area...
                Seriously? Wow.. You're getting around!!

That drive along the Seward Highway is beautiful!

Comment

I'm also quite impressed I'm posting this from Whittier tunnel waiting area...

Better get all those views in this week. There's not as much in Squarebanks to warm the heart and please the eyes this time of year

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
                    I've testified against the tennis facility twice since it came up. I've also spoken with several Assembly members who are troubled with how the Mayor pushed this money through without conferring with the Assembly and because of the constantly changing price tag. This is the Mayor's latest sneaky, two-faced attempt at local politics. Everybody needs to be contacting their Assemblymembers so that this money can go towards something beneficial, like improving our existing facilities or improving a current facility in another part of town that is cheaper than the proposed new facility even with the marked up price now being offered. If the Mayor isn't willing to allow basic maintenance on a facility bearing his name, than we certainly don't need to build a new one just to see it get destroyed in a similar fashion.

Contact your Assemblymembers (even you Suze, as a member of the hockey community) and show support for our current facilities that could greatly benefit from the funds!
                    I've already done so. I know the mayors Chief of Staff, and my constantly bugging him made him do his own inspection of the Sully, and he also contacted the Aces and learned they are not happy with the condition of the Sullivan Arena either. I am always emailing the contract administrator for the Muni as well. The squeaky wheel, right? Right!
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Better get all those views in this week. There's not as much in Squarebanks to warm the heart and please the eyes this time of year
                      Dat be true.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I'm posting this from Whittier tunnel waiting area...
                        Seriously? Wow.. You're getting around!!

That drive along the Seward Highway is beautiful!

Comment

Joins us below.

Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Thank God for our power play tonight.
                            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Yup...

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/american-samoa/travel-tips-and-articles/77583
                              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Well that could've been worse. Thank Celestia for our PP or these ponies would be driving me to drink.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X