Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

After 1,109 posts, they finally decided to close the other thread.

Stick tap to Exile on Dayton Street for the thread name.
    Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 11-18-2013, 05:47 PM.

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Look at all this room for activities!

The first of which is declaring it officially open season on Gofers!

I'm open to captioning suggestions, but I threw together my thoughts on the upcoming matchup on the wrong side of the river. Here they are:

Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      Look at all this room for activities!

The first of which is declaring it officially open season on Gofers!

I'm open to captioning suggestions, but I threw together my thoughts on the upcoming matchup on the wrong side of the river. Here they are:

Turn the Badgers around. Then sing this song to the tune of "Oh My Darling, Clementine" -

See the badger, see the badger
      with his tail up in the air
      Minnesota, Minnesota
      you can kiss what's under there.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        After 1,109 posts, they finally decided to close the other thread.

Stick tap to Exile on Dayton Street for the thread name.
        Great name. Tagged so I see the little green arrow in the thread list.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
          Turn the Badgers around. Then sing this song to the tune of "Oh My Darling, Clementine" -

See the badger, see the badger
          with his tail up in the air
          Minnesota, Minnesota
          you can kiss what's under there.
          [Edit: *sigh* I thought maybe the youtube embed issue was resolved]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ

That is fantastic.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Hey guys! The University of North Dakota is playing against the Wisconsin Badgers tonight! I can only assume that this is a hockey game.

Comment

Joel Rumpel was the first star of the week in the Big Ten.

Comment

Hey guys! The University of North Dakota is playing against the Wisconsin Badgers tonight! I can only assume that this is a hockey game.
                WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE ICE???!!!

I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE ICE???!!!

There's a basketball court on the ice and it crushed the players! Oh, the humanity! Oh, the huge manatee...

Comment

Oh, the huge manatee...
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

The cluelessness of the athletic department continues to bewilder me. It's Tuesday, and the hockey teams played this past weekend. On the Badger Rewind at tonight's basketball game, they announced Badger volleyball and women's basketball scores, but did not show

#12 Wisconsin -- 3
                      #8 Miami (OH) -- 2

...and no mention of the women's team either. Just displaying that score is advertising for the hockey team. What else is advertising? Mentioning the hockey teams on the Wisconsin Badgers facebook page, which has over 500,000 likes. That's over 500,000 people who might want to check out a hockey game. They didn't mention hockey before, during, or after the LSSU series either.

This is absolutely pathetic, and I urge you all to write or call in to complain. Little changes have been made to show they care, but blatant incompetency like this is amazingly bad. Compared to this, what they did with the banners seems sensible.

Comment

And yes, I did chant "Sue's a girl's name" and "what's your mascot."

Comment

green arrow!
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

The cluelessness of the athletic department continues to bewilder me. It's Tuesday, and the hockey teams played this past weekend. On the Badger Rewind at tonight's basketball game, they announced Badger volleyball and women's basketball scores, but did not show

#12 Wisconsin -- 3
                            #8 Miami (OH) -- 2

...and no mention of the women's team either. Just displaying that score is advertising for the hockey team. What else is advertising? Mentioning the hockey teams on the Wisconsin Badgers facebook page, which has over 500,000 likes. That's over 500,000 people who might want to check out a hockey game. They didn't mention hockey before, during, or after the LSSU series either.

This is absolutely pathetic, and I urge you all to write or call in to complain. Little changes have been made to show they care, but blatant incompetency like this is amazingly bad. Compared to this, what they did with the banners seems sensible.
                            It has been many years since I went to a BB game (they are insanely boring in person w/ all the time outs and stoppages in play, and I like BB too), but back then they did show a hockey score from the previous weekend. I can understand not celebrating a loss (no need to mention friday's game), but overall it is in UW's interest to show the casual fan that they are succeeding in any/all sports. And as you point out, possibly get some interest going in that same casual fan to spend a friday or saturday at the KC for hockey.

Actually w/ the start of Big10 hockey they should be pimping the crap out of Men's hockey. While many here (myself included) have previously bemoaned the start of Big10 hockey and the end of the "old" WCHA, this could be a real selling point to get some extra people into the seats for a series versus teams they know like Michigan and Michigan State. While this doesn't necessarily excite me, it might some Big10 sports junkie who wants to see Michigan State get their *** handed to them in some other sport.

Just a thought. I honestly don't know sometimes who runs marketing for a lot of things, not just UW. I'm no expert, but if I or WiscDC sees the obvious shortcomings of something how do those who are getting paid to get stuff right blow it when it appears so easy to the naked eye?
                            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                            Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                            Originally posted by UWisco
                            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

And yes, I did chant "Sue's a girl's name" and "what's your mascot."
                              UND is considering adopting a policy barring them from playing schools whose fans abuse native americans. I think they should go a step further and stop playing teams whose fans aren't as sensitive to others as Sioux fans are, but then they would probably be left with only intrasquad games.

North Dakota Empaths would be a fitting name

I wasn't at the game, but I hear it was anybody's game until the refs swallowed their whistles. sigh.
                              Last edited by burd; 11-20-2013, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X